+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Were you able to sort out the precartilla? My husband never got his in Mexico and now cant get his police check. If you have any info that would be amazing.
Hi! Yes, All sorted out, thanks for asking. We were granted a Confirmation of Permanent Residence last November 17, 2020. Hoping to travel to Canada soon :)

Dec 19, 2019
Hi! Yes, All sorted out, thanks for asking. We were granted a Confirmation of Permanent Residence last November 17, 2020. Hoping to travel to Canada soon :)
I'm glad to hear it! Are you able to provide any insight on how you got the pre cartilla? My husband is trying to do this as he never completed his military service. To sign up for the military he needs to shave his head, provide photos of his haircut, change his ID to the state where he now lives and it all seems like too much. It seems crazy that because he didn't do his military service at age 18, he can't get the police certificate, and then our entire application is now worthless! Would be really grateful for any insight you have and if you worked around the precartilla at all? Thank you!!!

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
I'm glad to hear it! Are you able to provide any insight on how you got the pre cartilla? My husband is trying to do this as he never completed his military service. To sign up for the military he needs to shave his head, provide photos of his haircut, change his ID to the state where he now lives and it all seems like too much. It seems crazy that because he didn't do his military service at age 18, he can't get the police certificate, and then our entire application is now worthless! Would be really grateful for any insight you have and if you worked around the precartilla at all? Thank you!!!
My partner says that there's no way to work around it, unfortunately. He also had to do the same process, except for the last part about changing his ID because he hasn't changed states. Maybe your husband can get it in the state where his ID is currently from? He says it was a lot of work and it took him a long time to just get the precartilla. The Mexican government right now isn't very accommodating, so if/when you do decide to get it, it'll require a lot of effort, and you have to keep pushing the government officials who are in charge of helping you. In my partner's case, many times the government officials were always on vacation leave and kept telling him to come back next week, blah blah blah. But after that, it gets a bit easier when it's time to give the fingerprints. If you're in Mexico, you should get the police certificate in less than a week. It seems like a big inconvenience, and we thought so too at the time, but you've gotten this far in the application and it'll be worth it!

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
We are trying to get the Mexico PCC by alternate means. Looks like we need letter from the mexican consulate in Canada, or Canadian consulate in mexico, adressed to the FGR (Federal General Attorney) requesting PCC in my name. Did any of you furnish such a letter and if yes please let me know how did you get it.
Hi Raj1508,
I sent my application on Jan-28th, but still not getting any news from the embassy! so thinking to get it by myself. Please let me know if you ever tried to get Mexico PCC by yourself.

mclavelmex

Feb 4, 2021
Hello everybody. Is somebody here that has done the process of getting the police certificate while living in Mexico? I live here but I'm not sure if I got the process right. I have a big question: How do I get the official letter that I have to submit to FGR to get the "constancia de antecedentes registrales"?

Last week I sent the email (the one indicated on the IRCC website) to the visa office in Mexico to get the official letter, which is the one I have to take personally to the Fiscalia along with other requirements. The issue is that I've had no response yet from the visa office and I haven't had any luck on the phone. Is there anything else that I must do? Or should I just wait for the reply with the letter? If anyone did this recently, in how much time did the visa office reply?

Thanks in advance!!!

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hello everybody. Is somebody here that has done the process of getting the police certificate while living in Mexico? I live here but I'm not sure if I got the process right. I have a big question: How do I get the official letter that I have to submit to FGR to get the "constancia de antecedentes registrales"?

Last week I sent the email (the one indicated on the IRCC website) to the visa office in Mexico to get the official letter, which is the one I have to take personally to the Fiscalia along with other requirements. The issue is that I've had no response yet from the visa office and I haven't had any luck on the phone. Is there anything else that I must do? Or should I just wait for the reply with the letter? If anyone did this recently, in how much time did the visa office reply?

Thanks in advance!!!
Hi! My partner got his police certificate while living in Mexico. You're on the right track - just send an email to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico asking to get the official letter and they should reply via email. I think it took him around 3 - 5 days to get a response from the Embassy with the official letter attached. Since Mexico City is on lockdown, they're understaffed and have probably cut off all phone communications. Email is your best bet, but they usually take a very long time to reply. Keep following up or keep sending them emails, and they'll reply eventually. Good luck!

Reactions: mclavelmex

mclavelmex

Feb 4, 2021
Hi! My partner got his police certificate while living in Mexico. You're on the right track - just send an email to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico asking to get the official letter and they should reply via email. I think it took him around 3 - 5 days to get a response from the Embassy with the official letter attached. Since Mexico City is on lockdown, they're understaffed and have probably cut off all phone communications. Email is your best bet, but they usually take a very long time to reply. Keep following up or keep sending them emails, and they'll reply eventually. Good luck!
Thank you!! yes, they finally replied last friday with the official letter, now I'm the process of requesting the document to FGR directly.

Reactions: psucalit

kbigelow

Sep 15, 2020
Thank you!! yes, they finally replied last friday with the official letter, now I'm the process of requesting the document to FGR directly.
Hi!
We just received the request for police certificate from Mexico. We have family in Mexico that can do everything in person there. Can I ask what this official letter I am seeing is about and who did you contact to ask for it? I’m assuming it’s required and my family can’t just go directly ask for a police certificate and be done?
Once you get the certificate through this way you just upload it on your gckey? And get it officially translated first?

Thank you for your help. Feeling a little lost!

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hi!
We just received the request for police certificate from Mexico. We have family in Mexico that can do everything in person there. Can I ask what this official letter I am seeing is about and who did you contact to ask for it? I’m assuming it’s required and my family can’t just go directly ask for a police certificate and be done?
Once you get the certificate through this way you just upload it on your gckey? And get it officially translated first?

Thank you for your help. Feeling a little lost!
If you’re outside Canada:
For this particular document the entire process needs to be in person.

- Need to make an appointment with the fiscalia general de la republica and they will provide the list of requirements.

- Some of the more complicated ones are the letter of request from the canadian embassy to the fiscalia and the cartilla militar, you also have to go in person for the finger print collection.

- And yes, once you get the certificate, you have to get it translated and then you can upload it.

If you’re in Canada:
https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montreal/index.php/es/mexicanos/lista-completa/38-constancia-de-antecedentes-registrales-y-de-antecedentes-no-penales

Hope this helps

kbigelow

Sep 15, 2020
If you’re outside Canada:
For this particular document the entire process needs to be in person.

- Need to make an appointment with the fiscalia general de la republica and they will provide the list of requirements.

- Some of the more complicated ones are the letter of request from the canadian embassy to the fiscalia and the cartilla militar, you also have to go in person for the finger print collection.

- And yes, once you get the certificate, you have to get it translated and then you can upload it.

If you’re in Canada:
https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montreal/index.php/es/mexicanos/lista-completa/38-constancia-de-antecedentes-registrales-y-de-antecedentes-no-penales

Hope this helps
Thank you!

Any idea about the military document they have mentioned? I see it on some lists of requirements and then not on others…