+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

monamigo

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
Hello members! Good morning, I have a question regarding Mexican PCC., hopefully you can give me some guidance about this.

I'm Mexican, and I'll be applying through CEC this November (in 3 weeks), and I'll have all of my documents ready by that date, I'll also take the medicals upfront. But I have a specific situation with the Mexican PCC; I already have it, my company asked for one (Carta de Antecedentes Registrales) and it was issued this month, October, while I was here in Canada, with a request letter from the Mexican embassy to the Police in Mexico (PGR), and the help of my mom, using power of attorney. My two main questions here, are:

-Can I use this letter? It's fulfilling the requirements of being less than 6 months old, and it was issued after the last time I was in Mexico (July). The letter is addressed to the Mexican embassy in Toronto. The concern I have is what it's stated on IRCC's website, for Mexico:

"You don’t need to provide a police certificate with your application. We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence or citizenship. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate."

Will it be a problem? Can I just upload the letter? Or should I upload it and also write a Letter of explanation explaining why I have it already?

Thank experts!
You will have to wait until the IRCC asking you to provide PCC

Reactions: Manuelg777

AngryBurrito

Feb 20, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2020
Hey Manuel, I think that is the correct way to go.
I also applied under CEC inland and my family in Mexico got the "Carta de Antecedentes Registrales" using a "Carta Poder" provided by me.
They sent me the document and I uploaded it adding a Letter Of Explanation. They didn't ask for anything else and I already got my PR.
Good luck!

Hello members! Good morning, I have a question regarding Mexican PCC., hopefully you can give me some guidance about this.

I'm Mexican, and I'll be applying through CEC this November (in 3 weeks), and I'll have all of my documents ready by that date, I'll also take the medicals upfront. But I have a specific situation with the Mexican PCC; I already have it, my company asked for one (Carta de Antecedentes Registrales) and it was issued this month, October, while I was here in Canada, with a request letter from the Mexican embassy to the Police in Mexico (PGR), and the help of my mom, using power of attorney. My two main questions here, are:

-Can I use this letter? It's fulfilling the requirements of being less than 6 months old, and it was issued after the last time I was in Mexico (July). The letter is addressed to the Mexican embassy in Toronto. The concern I have is what it's stated on IRCC's website, for Mexico:

"You don’t need to provide a police certificate with your application. We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence or citizenship. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate."

Will it be a problem? Can I just upload the letter? Or should I upload it and also write a Letter of explanation explaining why I have it already?

Thank experts!

• Love
Reactions: Manuelg777

Manuelg777

Sep 8, 2019
Hey Manuel, I think that is the correct way to go.
I also applied under CEC inland and my family in Mexico got the "Carta de Antecedentes Registrales" using a "Carta Poder" provided by me.
They sent me the document and I uploaded it adding a Letter Of Explanation. They didn't ask for anything else and I already got my PR.
Good luck!
Awesome bro! Firstly, I love your username, haha!

So, you also got the PCC before you got the request letter by IRCC? In a way, you also got it upfront, and added a letter of explanation referring to this situation bro?

And congratulations! I'm seeing your timeline in your profile! That's awesome, you are on the path for citizenship already!

Reactions: AngryBurrito

Crustacio

Oct 28, 2020
I'm in Canada right now and I'd like to know if anyone has sent a letter of explanation in the MXN police certificate section when the 60-day deadline nears, instead of uploading any form of acknowledgement of receipt from IRCC that the police certificate was sent to them? I'm not sure what to do other than attach the letter and my DHL receipt that was emailed to me stating that the Canadian Embassy in Mexico received the documents required to process the Police certificate. Thank you

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Oct 27, Canada embassy replied to me saying they have received my application and it will be sending to Mexican authorities if everything is correct. My fingerprints were mailed to them in March 2020
My husband sent the fingerprints on August and the Embassy sent it to the Mexican authorities on September. We’re still waiting for an update

Raj1508

Aug 15, 2019
Hi need a help on Mexico PCC

1) Got request from IRCC to get Mexico PCC , please let me know from where can I get the following information
the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed
2) In my case I do not find any document upload section for the mexico PCC

3) Please let me know the timelines to get the PCC done , what happens if it exceeds the 60 days period given

Teddybear21

Dec 1, 2020
Hi guys! How do you know when the IRCC receives your PCC? Can you tell from your online profile?
Also, had anyone received a PCC lately?

best wishes for everyone

Teddybear21

Dec 1, 2020
Hi need a help on Mexico PCC

1) Got request from IRCC to get Mexico PCC , please let me know from where can I get the following information
the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed
2) In my case I do not find any document upload section for the mexico PCC

3) Please let me know the timelines to get the PCC done , what happens if it exceeds the 60 days period given
Here is all the info you need
It will likely take more than 60 days but don’t stress about it, they are giving extensions due to Covid.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

ren87

Nov 20, 2020
Just sent to the embassy en Mexico all the requirements and they will do it for you, in the case you are in Canada but if you are in Mexico go to the embassy get the letter and go to the PGR.

Yo Los solicite en enero, Mande todo via ups y Los recibieron y una semana despues Los mandaron a la PGR la semana pasada me informaron que en cuanto tengan los resultados los enviarán a Ottawa. Mándame mensaje privado y te explico.

Hola Banchos, una pregunta cuando los solicitaste, esperaste a que te den el PCC para subirlo a tus documentos y obtener el AOR o subiste la confirmación de que mandaste tus huellas (como en el examen medico) para que mas adelante el agente de migración lo cheque?

Raj1508

Aug 15, 2019
We are trying to get the Mexico PCC by alternate means. Looks like we need letter from the mexican consulate in Canada, or Canadian consulate in mexico, adressed to the FGR (Federal General Attorney) requesting PCC in my name. Did any of you furnish such a letter and if yes please let me know how did you get it.

ren87

Nov 20, 2020
We are trying to get the Mexico PCC by alternate means. Looks like we need letter from the mexican consulate in Canada, or Canadian consulate in mexico, adressed to the FGR (Federal General Attorney) requesting PCC in my name. Did any of you furnish such a letter and if yes please let me know how did you get it.
if you are applying inland you can do that through the embassy of Canada in Mexico (but takes more time) just send all the documents to then and they request it on your behalf, the other way is giving a power of attorney to someone to do it on your behalf (it takes 10 days ) but first you need to get the letter from the Mexican consulate in Canada, then you request a letter from the FGR and after you get that letter the person who is doing that in Mexico can request it. the only thing i read that sometimes the agent can reject the applications because you don't follow what they asked. in my case im inland and applying through the embassy of canada in mexico

Reactions: mapple007