+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hi! I have a question about the validity of the Carta de Antecedentes Registrales. Am I correct that it expires after a month? My common-law partner (he is Mexican) and I submitted his Carta de Antecedentes Registrales as part of additional requirements for our PR application. It expired on September 7 but we still don't have any updates about our application, and he still does not have biometrics because the biometrics in Mexico is still closed. We don't know if the Carta de Antecedentes Registrales he submitted is already OK-d by the IRCC or not.

Should he get another Carta de Antecedentes Registrales?
It ok... I submitted as part of my aplication back in feb and they clear my criminality way beyond the expiry date... I think that they take a six months periodo validity regardless of whay the Carta de antecedentes registrales says

so don't worry, its ok

izc2693

Aug 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

So today I sent an email about requesting an update of my police certificate to the embassy and I received a reply saying they got the results from FGR and they have already sent the documents to the processing center.

I requested on February and my application was updated on September 1st.

In other words, the embassy resumed their work for processing police certificates and I believe you will get yours soon.

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi everyone,

So today I sent an email about requesting an update of my police certificate to the embassy and I received a reply saying they got the results from FGR and they have already sent the documents to the processing center.

I requested on February and my application was updated on September 1st.

In other words, the embassy resumed their work for processing police certificates and I believe you will get yours soon.
Can you share the email of the Embassy, please?

izc2693

Aug 4, 2020
Thank you so much. Do you know how long it takes for them to send the documents to CIC? They received my documents on August 18
To send them to CIC, I have no idea. But if the embassy received your documents on August 18 you have to consider also that the process takes 40 to 70 business days for processing your Constancia de datos registrales with FRG. Also plus the days that they are going to send it to CIC.

rmassey1984

Sep 15, 2020
Hi everyone

For info, we had sent our fingerprints in May 14, Canadian Embassy received 2 days later

They finally sent the police record back to CIC in September 14. We got the confirmation of PR on September 21

Last edited:
Reactions: monamigo

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019
Hi everyone

For info, we had sent our fingerprints in May 14, Canadian Embassy received 2 days later

They finally sent it back in mid-September. I'm not sure exactly when but that was the last thing they were waiting for when I got the notes in August 28, and we got the confirmation of PR on September 21
Congratulations! Did you applied via EE or through other program?

tajeima

Jun 25, 2020
Hi everyone

They finally sent it back in mid-September. I'm not sure exactly when but that was the last thing they were waiting for when I got the notes in August 28, and we got the confirmation of PR on September 21
First congratulation for your permanent resident and I would like to know how was your process for your biometric test? because in my case the office in Canada still close and I am stuck in this step for the COVID situation

rmassey1984

Sep 15, 2020
First congratulation for your permanent resident and I would like to know how was your process for your biometric test? because in my case the office in Canada still close and I am stuck in this step for the COVID situation
Not sure which test you mean

If you're referring to giving biometrics to CIC, they have suspended that. The application updated at some point to say "We do not require your biometrics"

If you are referring to getting the fingerprints for getting the police certificate from Mexico. we found a place in Missisauga that was open during COVID, but now there are more places doing this...just have to search RCMP-accredited fingerprinting in Google for your city

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Any news? The Embassy replied to my husband they sent the documents to the Mexican authorities on Sept 11. Now we’re just waiting

Pascal80

Sep 5, 2020
Hello everyone! Any news for people for whom the embassy let you know they received the certificate on September 1 (or around)? Despite that news, my online profile still not reflects this change...