+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hi everyone
I'm a mexican national that is currently residing in México, just got an ITA last week. Because I knew I was getting a ITA soon, emailed the Canadian embassy in México a few weeks back so they could send me the letter, they told me they just sent to "open applications".
Now that I have an ITA, emailed them again, and now they sent me a document with 5 instructions. Have a few questions that hopefully you guys could solve:
-Should I request this letter and Constancia from México now? Or should I submit all of my other documents (PoF, PCC from USA, etc...) And then add it? I think I read it was fine to submit after everything was submitted, but if I could do before, maybe that's better?
-They are asking me to provide a set of fingerprints that is signed by a police agency. If I am in México, who should do this? I have fingerprinted myself before, no agency, for the USA PCC. Not sure if its 100% needed to be done by an "agency", or if I could do myself
-"Quote your file number, name of visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate
or Case Processing Centre where your file is being processed" what does this refer to? Would my EE profile ID suffice?
Hi there! Based on my experience, it is probably not a good idea to request this right now for a couple of reasons:
1. You have not yet submitted your application to CIC and so you don't yet have an application number in the system, that's probably why they said they only send it to "open applications".
2. The certificate that they ask for has a validity of only 30 days. If you get this now, it will expire before you submit your application so they will ask you to request another one anyway.

In my case, my partner is a Mexican national and he is also in Mexico right now. We submitted our application and received our AOR in March and in May, CIC asked us to submit additional documents, one of these documents is the constancia from Mexico. Since everything was closed due to coronavirus, the embassy would not give him the letter that he needed to give the FGR until last week, when they finally gave him the letter. He went to the FGR in his state and they got his fingerprints.

In your case, I suggest that you gather all the other documents that you need for your application, submit your application and wait until you receive the AOR. Wait until they acknowledge your application and ask you to submit a police certificate so you can avoid getting it again and again.

Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: BlindGoku

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Hi there! Based on my experience, it is probably not a good idea to request this right now for a couple of reasons:
1. You have not yet submitted your application to CIC and so you don't yet have an application number in the system, that's probably why they said they only send it to "open applications".
2. The certificate that they ask for has a validity of only 30 days. If you get this now, it will expire before you submit your application so they will ask you to request another one anyway.

In my case, my partner is a Mexican national and he is also in Mexico right now. We submitted our application and received our AOR in March and in May, CIC asked us to submit additional documents, one of these documents is the constancia from Mexico. Since everything was closed due to coronavirus, the embassy would not give him the letter that he needed to give the FGR until last week, when they finally gave him the letter. He went to the FGR in his state and they got his fingerprints.

In your case, I suggest that you gather all the other documents that you need for your application, submit your application and wait until you receive the AOR. Wait until they acknowledge your application and ask you to submit a police certificate so you can avoid getting it again and again.

Hope this helps! :)
Thank you for the detailed response! Greatly appreciate it!

Seems that they sent me the instructions of how to apply if I am outside of México. I think I will accept my ITA and submit my other documents before I follow those instructions.

Btw, how long did it take for you/your partner from when you submitted all of your other documents (PoF, employment reference, medical, etc...), Until you got the letter or request for it?

Thanks again!

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Thank you for the detailed response! Greatly appreciate it!

Seems that they sent me the instructions of how to apply if I am outside of México. I think I will accept my ITA and submit my other documents before I follow those instructions.

Btw, how long did it take for you/your partner from when you submitted all of your other documents (PoF, employment reference, medical, etc...), Until you got the letter or request for it?

Thanks again!
Glad I could help! I think in our case, it's not normal because of the delays from covid-19, but we submitted the application with the documents (PoF, medical, etc) and paid for the application in March and we had to wait 2 months until they asked for additional documents (including the constancia). It's quite difficult right now because there are delays on the Canada side, and also on the Mexico side of things. :confused:

Reactions: BlindGoku

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Glad I could help! I think in our case, it's not normal because of the delays from covid-19, but we submitted the application with the documents (PoF, medical, etc) and paid for the application in March and we had to wait 2 months until they asked for additional documents (including the constancia). It's quite difficult right now because there are delays on the Canada side, and also on the Mexico side of things. :confused:
Actually, I messaged them that they sent me the instructions for a person who is not currently in México, and told them I would reach them in a later day once I finished upload all of the other documents. Well they sent me the request letter today, so should I request it now, and see if I can submit the Mexico PCC along all of my other documents?

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
If
Actually, I messaged them that they sent me the instructions for a person who is not currently in México, and told them I would reach them in a later day once I finished upload all of the other documents. Well they sent me the request letter today, so should I request it now, and see if I can submit the Mexico PCC along all of my other documents?
That's up to you, as long as you keep in mind that the document has a validity of only 30 days. I think at this point, with the pandemic going on, it's going to take them at least a month before they can check your documents so you might have to ask for another one later. For us, we submitted everything in March but it took 2 months for them to start reviewing our submitted documents. If you already got the request letter, the decision is yours :)

mxqc

Jul 9, 2019
Hey, how long does it take the embassy to reply ? Did you contact the embassy or the VAC?

Last edited:
Reactions: CCC123

lauralc21

Aug 21, 2020
Hello everyone.

I sent my documents specified on the website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

to the following address:

Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F.
MEXICO

FedEx is not able to deliver the documents yet since last Friday.

Has anyone an idea if they are receiving packages?

I am trying to call to the contact number without any luck!

And then I found another address from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico:

Embassy of Canada

Schiller 529, Col. Bosque de Chapultepec (Polanco)
Del. Miguel Hidalgo
11580 Ciudad de Mexico, D.F.

Mexico

It is so confused, is anyone under the same situation?

Thanks!

Pascal80

Sep 5, 2020
Hi! I'm not sure if they are receiving documents right now, but before the lockdown the first address correctly received the documents (
Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F.
MEXICO
)

From previous posts in the forums I understand that the embassy is now back working with the FGR but I have not received any update on documents I sent to the embassy on late March. Has anyone waiting for police certificates received any news?

Wish you all luck with this!

Reactions: lauralc21

rmassey1984

Sep 15, 2020
I sent my documents late February. Today they informed me via email that my certificate was received by them on September 1st.
Hi there.....did you e-mail them first to ask about status of your documents and they replied? Or they reached out to you themselves?

bteufel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there.....did you e-mail them first to ask about status of your documents and they replied? Or they reached out to you themselves?
Yes, I e-mailed them two times to ask about the status (once in July, once in August).

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Does anyone know how much time does it take the embassy to send the letter for the FGR nowadays? (Mexican applying from Mexico)

After you send them the email asking for the letter how much does ot take to get a reply?

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Does anyone know how much time does it take the embassy to send the letter for the FGR nowadays? (Mexican applying from Mexico)

After you send them the email asking for the letter how much does ot take to get a reply?
Hello! My common-law partner is a Mexican in Mexico and it didn't take long for him to get his police certificate at all! He emailed the embassy 23 July, and got the letter on 27 July. He took the letter to the FGR in his state on the same day, and got the Carta de Antecedentes Registrales a week after.

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hi! I have a question about the validity of the Carta de Antecedentes Registrales. Am I correct that it expires after a month? My common-law partner (he is Mexican) and I submitted his Carta de Antecedentes Registrales as part of additional requirements for our PR application. It expired on September 7 but we still don't have any updates about our application, and he still does not have biometrics because the biometrics in Mexico is still closed. We don't know if the Carta de Antecedentes Registrales he submitted is already OK-d by the IRCC or not.

Should he get another Carta de Antecedentes Registrales?