Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hello, my husband and I are confused about this as well. We received his AOR 3 days ago and was requested to submit his Police Certificates, he is a Mexican citizen living in Canada. What is the first step we need to take? Do we only have to obtain his fingerprints, photos, etc and send them to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico?
Hello there,

Me and my partner is in the similar case. My partner is from Mexico and we are in Post-eAPR stage since 17th May, but we have not been requested for PCC yet. How is your process going now?

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
I got a response from from both CIC and the Canadian embassy in Mexico to send them the documents for my Mexican PCC. It seems we can send them the documents right after we submit the application and it will speed up the process. The 'Request Letter' from CIC is just a procedure for any missing or unclear document, so there is no need to wait until the request letter to get generated.

Adding this info to help the folks in future, without this forum I don't think I could have made it through. Thanks to all.
I also have everything ready to go, however the CIC has not yet requested the PCC, I'm thinking about sending the package anyways to save some time...
Can you please tell us if you sent everything without the "request from CIC" and what was the outcome ...
I'm Brazilian but I lived in Mexico for 2 yrs for work !

jaybird

Jun 17, 2018
Hey guys just want to give advice - I sent my Mexican husband's PCC request with fingerprints (didn't wait for a letter, just waited til we got AOR1 with application # and sent it off)

DO NOT DO WHAT I DID and send it through registered regular mail... I made a huge mistake, I didn't know Mexican post offices are a complete mess ... you need and MUST send it through a private courier such as UPS, DHL, anything that avoids the Mexican mail service.... our package is in limbo right now and nobody will tell us where it is, despite it being tracked and holding copies of fingerprints....

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hey guys just want to give advice - I sent my Mexican husband's PCC request with fingerprints (didn't wait for a letter, just waited til we got AOR1 with application # and sent it off)

DO NOT DO WHAT I DID and send it through registered regular mail... I made a huge mistake, I didn't know Mexican post offices are a complete mess ... you need and MUST send it through a private courier such as UPS, DHL, anything that avoids the Mexican mail service.... our package is in limbo right now and nobody will tell us where it is, despite it being tracked and holding copies of fingerprints....
Very sorry about your situation, I thought I was the only one who lost 1 month with the lousy MexPost. The funny story was that my package was held at a post office which is just 2 miles away from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico city. One of my friend visited that Post office with my identity and they werent even able to locate the package and told my friend that it may have been lost.

Finally used Fedex on a Friday evening, Monday morning it was delivered. I Requested for the USPS insurance and voila in next two days the package was delivered by Mexpost.

Last edited:

jaybird

Jun 17, 2018
Very sorry about your situation, I thought I was the only one who lost 1 month with the lousy MexPost. The funny story was that my package was held at a post office which is just 2 miles away from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico city. One of my friend visited that Post office with my identity and they werent even able to locate the package and told my friend that it may have been lost.

Finally used Fedex on a Friday evening, Monday morning it was delivered. I Requested for the USPS insurance and voila in next two days the package was delivered by Mexpost.
Oh no! Sorry to hear a fellow Mexpost victim :(
Do you mean that your original Mexpost package was delivered while your FedEx one was on the way? So you sent 2 fingerprints?
We are thinking of doing that anyway since now the fingerprints are likely expired (past 3 months).. but we haven't taken action yet since CIC hasn't asked for Mexican police cert yet. We're worried about getting fingerprints too early and then it expires again....

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Oh no! Sorry to hear a fellow Mexpost victim :(
Do you mean that your original Mexpost package was delivered while your FedEx one was on the way? So you sent 2 fingerprints?
We are thinking of doing that anyway since now the fingerprints are likely expired (past 3 months).. but we haven't taken action yet since CIC hasn't asked for Mexican police cert yet. We're worried about getting fingerprints too early and then it expires again....
I sent my fingerprints on Mar 15 from US using USPS --> Mexpost. I tried all my efforts to get the package delivered by Mexpost until Apr 13th. Gave up on Mexpost and got my fingerprints done on Apr13 and shipped it using Fedex the same evening. My Fedex was delivered on Apr 16th, the next working day. Two days later went to USPS and filed an insurance claim, coz I was told the package will reach within 3-5 Business days initially. USPS accepted my claim and notified Mexpost. The very next day Mexpost delivered the package, which was indeed a waste, coz if they didnt I would have got my insurance money.

May be you should also file an insurance claim, if applicable. CIC will ask for the PCC only after clearing your Medical exam, it might take time. But they asking and you sending are two different transactions.

Lets assume that your Mexican PCC is already cleared and sent to CPC, CIC will still ask for it. You just have to upload a document telling it has already been sent to the CPC. Sending the PCC request earlier will save a great deal of time. I guess there is a 1 yr validity on PCCs.

Reactions: jaybird

jaybird

Jun 17, 2018
I sent my fingerprints on Mar 15 from US using USPS --> Mexpost. I tried all my efforts to get the package delivered by Mexpost until Apr 13th. Gave up on Mexpost and got my fingerprints done on Apr13 and shipped it using Fedex the same evening. My Fedex was delivered on Apr 16th, the next working day. Two days later went to USPS and filed an insurance claim, coz I was told the package will reach within 3-5 Business days initially. USPS accepted my claim and notified Mexpost. The very next day Mexpost delivered the package, which was indeed a waste, coz if they didnt I would have got my insurance money.

May be you should also file an insurance claim, if applicable. CIC will ask for the PCC only after clearing your Medical exam, it might take time. But they asking and you sending are two different transactions.

Lets assume that your Mexican PCC is already cleared and sent to CPC, CIC will still ask for it. You just have to upload a document telling it has already been sent to the CPC. Sending the PCC request earlier will save a great deal of time. I guess there is a 1 yr validity on PCCs.
Thanks for sharing. I will indeed file a claim - it seems like Mexpost does not care until they are forced to care. Thanks very much!!

alinebsv

Jun 28, 2018
Hi!

I'm so glad I found this thread, I have a question about the criminal certificate but they never answer me on the Canadian embassy!

My husband and I live in Mexico, and we already received our criminal certificates, we are currently waiting for the translations.

The thing is, the letter we received from CIC asking for the criminal certificate is a little bit confusing, because it says, "Please be advised that you will not receive the original police certificate, the certificate will be sent directly to our office and the results will be uploaded in our system."

However, in the page from CIC that explains how to get the Mexican police certificate, they say, "We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Would anyone know what we need to do? We are running out of time to send the documents, and we're scared we might have to ship the certificate and the translation to Canada!

Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

I'm so glad I found this thread, I have a question about the criminal certificate but they never answer me on the Canadian embassy!

My husband and I live in Mexico, and we already received our criminal certificates, we are currently waiting for the translations.

The thing is, the letter we received from CIC asking for the criminal certificate is a little bit confusing, because it says, "Please be advised that you will not receive the original police certificate, the certificate will be sent directly to our office and the results will be uploaded in our system."

However, in the page from CIC that explains how to get the Mexican police certificate, they say, "We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Would anyone know what we need to do? We are running out of time to send the documents, and we're scared we might have to ship the certificate and the translation to Canada!

Thank you.
You have to upload the PCC/translation - there should be a placeholder for you to do so on your application.

Reactions: alinebsv

alinebsv

Jun 28, 2018
You have to upload the PCC/translation - there should be a placeholder for you to do so on your application.
Yes, I saw that there is a place on my application for that! I was just wondering if they needed us to actually mail them the physical documents from what they said in the letter. Good thing to know that it's just uploading it then!

Thank you so much :)

AnaCon48

Jul 24, 2018
Hi, I just want to share my timeline of the PCC. Notice that I sent the required documents 8 days before I submitted the PR application and I think nothing bad happened. I sent the documents by UPS service.

Documents were sent to the Embassy - March 20, 2018
Embassy got the documents- March 21st, 2018
AOR: March 28th, 2018
IRCC Requested PCC: April 6, 2018
Embassy sent documents to PGR: April 6, 2018
1st Enquiry: May 28th, 2018
PCC sent to IRCC: June 1st, 2018
IRCC received PCC: June 12, 2018

It took around 2 months 6 days to get the PCC
:) Good luck everyone

Reactions: JesusBiologia1

Diegoflores17

Jun 14, 2018
Hola!
Recien obtuve la nominacion provincial por medio de Alberta, estoy leyendo que para aplicar a la Residencia me pediran el police certificate. He leido que tienes que esperar a que te lleguen instrucciones del CIC y que puedes solicitar todo mediante huellas y demas documentos. Mi pregunta es: Se puede solicitar esto personalmente en Mexico una vez reciba las intrucciones? Estare de vacaciones en Mexico proximamente y me gustaria ahorrar tiempo en caso de que yo lo pueda hacer desde Mexico, ya posteriormente realizar las correspondientes traducciones. Saludos!

alinebsv

Jun 28, 2018
Hola!
Recien obtuve la nominacion provincial por medio de Alberta, estoy leyendo que para aplicar a la Residencia me pediran el police certificate. He leido que tienes que esperar a que te lleguen instrucciones del CIC y que puedes solicitar todo mediante huellas y demas documentos. Mi pregunta es: Se puede solicitar esto personalmente en Mexico una vez reciba las intrucciones? Estare de vacaciones en Mexico proximamente y me gustaria ahorrar tiempo en caso de que yo lo pueda hacer desde Mexico, ya posteriormente realizar las correspondientes traducciones. Saludos!
Hola Diego! Perdón si mi Español no está muy bueno, pero voy a intentar responder tu duda.

Sí, puedes enviar un correo eletronico a la oficina de CIC de México e te van a enviar una carta para que obtengas tu police certificate. Mi esposo y yo lo hicimos cuando recibimos el ITA. El problema es que el police certificate de México expira en 30 días. Entonces hay que ser una de las últimas cosas que haces, pero tengas en mente que tardan dos semanas de cuando lo solicitas hasta que te den el documento. Entonces hay que calcular muy bien como lo vas a hacer para que tengas tiempo de hacer la traducción antes de enviar todos los documentos.

Pero el problema también es que como expira en 30 días, en mi caso, después de enviar mi aplicación, algunos meses después, el CIC nos pidió otro certificado, porque el otro ya habia expirado. Entonces puede que eso pase a tí también, y entonces tal vez necesites hacer la solicitud del police certificate desde donde estás.