+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
if you read the page thoroughly, you'll see the same note in the section If you are not a citizen of Mexico -> if you live outside of Mexico:
I got mine and did pay anything.
Hi,

What is the current turn arround time for Canadian Embassy for Mexico Police Certificate. I see many threads indicating that it takes 4-5 months or even more, but those were mostly from posts in 2015 to 2016. Is that the same now as well? PS: I am an Indian national who worked in Mexico for an year.

Thanks

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hi,

What is the current turn arround time for Canadian Embassy for Mexico Police Certificate. I see many threads indicating that it takes 4-5 months or even more, but those were mostly from posts in 2015 to 2016. Is that the same now as well? PS: I am an Indian national who worked in Mexico for an year.

Thanks
in my case it took a little less than 2 months from the date they sent my documents to the Mexican authorities.

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
in my case it took a little less than 2 months from the date they sent my documents to the Mexican authorities.
Thanks for your response!
Sorry to bother you with another one-
When you say Mexican Authorities, is that the canadian embassy in mexico or elsewhere? Also when did you process it, the month and year please? Happy to see some positive deadlines in the thread.. Thanks Again!

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Thanks for your response!
Sorry to bother you with another one-
When you say Mexican Authorities, is that the canadian embassy in mexico or elsewhere? Also when did you process it, the month and year please? Happy to see some positive deadlines in the thread.. Thanks Again!
When you send your docs to the embassy in Mexico they will forward them to PGR (Procurador General de la República) to request the PCC on your behalf. in my case they sent the request to PGR on 2017/11/17 and in IRCC received them first week in january.
when send your docs wait for a few days and email them to this address: MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca with your name, application number and birth date. they will reply and tell you when they sent the request to PGR and the expected time to finalize it. currently it's around 30 - 60 days.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hello Folks,

Apologize me if the answer to my question has already been discussed.

I submitted my eAPR on 3/3/18. I require a PCC from Mexico. The link for Mexico PCC instructions doesnt state that a 'Request Letter' will be issued while processing the application, the directions only require,

finger prints,
photos,
passport bio page
and to my quote file number, cpc, full name/DOB.

I have all these information right away and I am aware that there is a 4-5 months delay for Mexico PCC.

So, is it ok for me to go ahead and send these documents to the Canadian embassy in Mexico? or wait for the Request letter from IRCC?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Reactions: Ti.perez

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hello Folks,

Apologize me if the answer to my question has already been discussed.

I submitted my eAPR on 3/3/18. I require a PCC from Mexico. The link for Mexico PCC instructions doesnt state that a 'Request Letter' will be issued while processing the application, the directions only require,

finger prints,
photos,
passport bio page
and to my quote file number, cpc, full name/DOB.

I have all these information right away and I am aware that there is a 4-5 months delay for Mexico PCC.

So, is it ok for me to go ahead and send these documents to the Canadian embassy in Mexico? or wait for the Request letter from IRCC?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

I got a response from from both CIC and the Canadian embassy in Mexico to send them the documents for my Mexican PCC. It seems we can send them the documents right after we submit the application and it will speed up the process. The 'Request Letter' from CIC is just a procedure for any missing or unclear document, so there is no need to wait until the request letter to get generated.

Adding this info to help the folks in future, without this forum I don't think I could have made it through. Thanks to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ti.perez

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi again, so I requested for an extension using the link you sent me, hopefully I did everything right. I also included some photos of the receipts and tracking numbers. If I still don't hear back from them by the time the deadline has come, what should I do?
Should I also upload the same proof (receipts, tracking numbers) onto my actual account under "Supporting Documents"? Or should I leave that empty for when I do receive the results in a couple months time?

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hi again, so I requested for an extension using the link you sent me, hopefully I did everything right. I also included some photos of the receipts and tracking numbers. If I still don't hear back from them by the time the deadline has come, what should I do?
Should I also upload the same proof (receipts, tracking numbers) onto my actual account under "Supporting Documents"? Or should I leave that empty for when I do receive the results in a couple months time?
They will take a few days to reply back after you raise the cse. You should be fine. If you are reaching the deadline and you dont hear yet from them, you may also upload the requwst for an extension in the PCC placeholder.
You will not receive the PCC. The embassy in Mexico will send it directly to IRCC.

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
They will take a few days to reply back after you raise the cse. You should be fine. If you are reaching the deadline and you dont hear yet from them, you may also upload the requwst for an extension in the PCC placeholder.
You will not receive the PCC. The embassy in Mexico will send it directly to IRCC.
But we also had to get a police certificate from the US, which will be sent directly to us and not IRCC. If we still don't hear back (which is unlikely), should we still request and extension in place of uploading the FBI results?

judyther

Mar 23, 2018
When we send our ''package'' to the embassy of Canada in Mexico, do you just send it like that or you join a letter explanning what do you need and what do you expect from them?

Also on the page : ''How to get a police certificate'' right after they write: ''Name of document to get: Constancia de antecedentes registrales'' what is that document?

thanks all

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When we send our ''package'' to the embassy of Canada in Mexico, do you just send it like that or you join a letter explanning what do you need and what do you expect from them?

Also on the page : ''How to get a police certificate'' right after they write: ''Name of document to get: Constancia de antecedentes registrales'' what is that document?

thanks all
That's the Mexican PCC.

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi again, so about a week ago I got an email saying they received the enquiry and have sent it to the appropriate address but nothing about it being approved, the deadline is in a couple days so how would I upload the request to the PCC placeholder? Just copy and paste my message?

Feb 21, 2018
Hi

Anyone received the Mexico PCC in last couple of months? Can you tell me how much time it is taking after the documents has been sent to Mexican authorities ? Mine was sent to Mexican authorities on 20th April and received a general reply of 30- 60 days to receive the PCC.

My Documents were initially reverted back due to some mistake and I have sent again, So am a little impatient to wait for 2 more months. (Already waited for 3 months) . If anyone who got the PCC recently can tell me how long it is taking to get the PCC from Mexico authorities to IRCC?

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
That information is for those who are trying to get the PCC directly with the PGR, that is, for those who live in Mexico.
Hello!

My partner is from Mexico and he is currently residing in Mexico and we are in e-APR stage. Do you have any idea how long does it usually take to obtain the PCC for the person trying to obtain their PCC directly with the PGR and who live in Mexico?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

My partner is from Mexico and he is currently residing in Mexico and we are in e-APR stage. Do you have any idea how long does it usually take to obtain the PCC for the person trying to obtain their PCC directly with the PGR and who live in Mexico?
Took me about 5 days to obtain the PCC.

Reactions: Krystine