+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

npalao

Dec 26, 2017
Merry XMas everybody!
I was recently invited to apply for PR under the Express Entry Program. I am gathering the documents, but I am a little unsure about the PGR Police Report and the process mentioned in the text below.
" You must apply to the Mexican authorities, Procuraduría General de la República (PGR). The office processing your application will send you a letter with instructions on how to get a police certificate. Once you have received the instructions letter, email the visa office in Mexico City to request an official letter. Take the official letter to the PGR office closest to you to apply for a police certificate.
The instructions letter provided by the processing office is not the same as the official letter that you must submit to the PGR authorities."
The report is one of the required documents to be uploaded before submitting the application.

I am currently in Mexico for the holidays and would like to bring the PGR letter back with me to Toronto mid January. I have not yet received anything as per the text above and no reply (maybe due to the holiday season) to the email I sent last week.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merry XMas everybody!
I am a little unsure about the text below and the process mentioned there.
"
You must apply to the Mexican authorities, Procuraduría General de la República (PGR). The office processing your application will send you a letter with instructions on how to get a police certificate. Once you have received the instructions letter, email the visa office in Mexico City to request an official letter. Take the official letter to the PGR office closest to you to apply for a police certificate.

The instructions letter provided by the processing office is not the same as the official letter that you must submit to the PGR authorities."
I am currently in Mexico for the holidays and would like to bring the PGR letter back with me to Toronto mid January. I have not yet received anything as per the text above and no reply (maybe due to the holiday season) to the email I sent last week.
Thanks!
Sure, there are two other e-mails for you to contact them, you can look for them in this thread.

That being said if I were in your position I would refrain from getting the police certificate in Mexico as it would not cover the entire period that you stay in the country. It would be a different story if Mexico were your current country of residence.

npalao

Dec 26, 2017
Sure, there are two other e-mails for you to contact them, you can look for them in this thread.

That being said if I were in your position I would refrain from getting the police certificate in Mexico as it would not cover the entire period that you stay in the country. It would be a different story if Mexico were your current country of residence.
Thanks for your reply. I am a little slow, maybe the excess Christmas wine!, but I did not understand your comment about not covering the entire period that I stay. I have gotten such documents from PGR before, not for immigration purposes, and these don't take long to process.

Now, if I do it via mail/embassy, this states that Ottawa will receive the documents upon emission; but I cannot submit my online application without attaching a scanned copy of that document.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply. I am a little slow, maybe the excess Christmas wine!, but I did not understand your comment about not covering the entire period that I stay. I have gotten such documents from PGR before, not for immigration purposes, and these don't take long to process.

Now, if I do it via mail/embassy, this states that Ottawa will receive the documents upon emission; but I cannot submit my online application without attaching a scanned copy of that document.
I never said the process takes long, I am talking about the validity of your PCC as Mexico is not your country of residence.

If Mexico were your country of residence then your PCC would be valid for 6 months. You have to understand the validity of a PCC when a country is not your country of residence.

You have to be careful, and you are more than free to get the PCC from PGR if you are confident on what you are doing. Some applicants get through with no issues when doing this, others don't get that lucky.

jimmygzz

Feb 20, 2015
Merry XMas everybody!
I was recently invited to apply for PR under the Express Entry Program. I am gathering the documents, but I am a little unsure about the PGR Police Report and the process mentioned in the text below.
" You must apply to the Mexican authorities, Procuraduría General de la República (PGR). The office processing your application will send you a letter with instructions on how to get a police certificate. Once you have received the instructions letter, email the visa office in Mexico City to request an official letter. Take the official letter to the PGR office closest to you to apply for a police certificate.
The report is one of the required documents to be uploaded before submitting the application.

Thanks!
Hello, this "carta de antecedentes registrales"(this is a Federal document) is not the same as a "carta de no antecedentes penales" (this is an state document), the one you need is a federal document that is requested to the PGR by a consulate office, actually I first submit all my documents without this doc (I did submit an explanation letter), then my application got updated and I recieved a message from my cic acct with a letter from IRCC requesting this document to the canadian embassy, this letter came after I even got approved by my medical test.

I think this will clarify the confusing part, if you want to do it yourself, after you get this letter (which is not addressed to you) you need to contact the candian embassy in mexico, tell them that you would like to do it yourself, provide this letter and then they will issue another letter to you, this is the one you can use to make this request on your own. this is the email address of the canadian embassy of mexico if you would like to contact them (MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca)

There is a lot of good info in this forum, my advice to you (caution, this is only based on my own experience) is to request the "carta de antecedentes registrales" from canada instead of mexico. (and in my case this was after they are requested by the IRCC, which occur after you submit your application).... the advantage of doing this from canada, is that the embassy of canada in mexico will do it in your behalf and you will not have to worry to translate the document or send it to the IRCC... of course the downside is that it takes up to 60 business days to process.

again I cant stress this enough, as the other member suggested, take a look at the posts in this thread, I think you will find that a few people tried to get the document themselves and maybe succeed.... but most of the people in this thread did it the way I described.

hope this help.
best of luck!

Apiloh

Nov 26, 2017
Hey guys, hopefully, someone can help me with this.
So CIC asked me to upload my Mexican Police Certificate. At this point, I have already sent all my proper documentation to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico (I send it on December 14). Anyways I wanted to upload a file and letter saying that the Canadian embassy was going to submit the proper documentation on my behalf but when I click on Upload file it ask me to quote the Document name, number, country of issue, issue date and expiration date (all of which I do not have since I will never get the police certificate in my hands) . Has anyone had this issue? Should I just hold tight until my police Certificate gets send to ottawa and hope for the best?
Thanks in advance!

MEGC

Apr 22, 2016
Have they yet uploaded the PCC?
Sorry for the late reply, all I know so far is that my certificate got processed and sent to IRCC by the end of November. I haven't received any confirmation or new communications from IRCC.

AC87

Jun 5, 2017
Hi all, has anyone been experience long waiting after confirmation that the Canadian Embassy sent the PCC to the IRCC? I have been waiting for almost 7 months and nothing :(

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
I am currently in Canada and I had stayed in Mexico for 7 month in the past. I saw in CIC instruction that if i am living outside of Mexico, I should process my PCC throughout a Canada Embassy in Mexico which usually takes 2 months. and CIC also states that if I am living in Mexico, I can process it in a different way which might take way faster than processing it through Canada Embassy.

I am willing to go visit to Mexico for a couple of days to obtain my PCC if it is allowed. Anyone have gone the similar experience?

Reactions: Diegoflores17

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently in Canada and I had stayed in Mexico for 7 month in the past. I saw in CIC instruction that if i am living outside of Mexico, I should process my PCC throughout a Canada Embassy in Mexico which usually takes 2 months. and CIC also states that if I am living in Mexico, I can process it in a different way which might take way faster than processing it through Canada Embassy.

I am willing to go visit to Mexico for a couple of days to obtain my PCC if it is allowed. Anyone have gone the similar experience?
It doesn't take couple days to process, it is more like 10 days and sometimes more than that. Also, they ask for a utility bill to see whether you're living in Mexico among other documents.

I wouldn't recommend this approach.

Reactions: Krystine

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
It doesn't take couple days to process, it is more like 10 days and sometimes more than that. Also, they ask for a utility bill to see whether you're living in Mexico among other documents.

I wouldn't recommend this approach.
That's very kind of you to advise me. Thanks :)

arunsrid

Nov 14, 2017
Hi All,

I live in India and got request from Canada to provide Mexico PCC (as I lived there for 8 months few years back). What is the fee ? Whom to pay ? How to pay ?
I checked many websites, but all I could find was that 2 sets of fingerprints, photos and passport copy need to be provided to Canadian Embassy of Mexico, but there is no information anout payment.

Please advise on an urgent basis.

Regds,
Ar.

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
Hi All,

I live in India and got request from Canada to provide Mexico PCC (as I lived there for 8 months few years back). What is the fee ? Whom to pay ? How to pay ?
I checked many websites, but all I could find was that 2 sets of fingerprints, photos and passport copy need to be provided to Canadian Embassy of Mexico, but there is no information anout payment.

Please advise on an urgent basis.

Regds,
Ar.
Note: You do not need to send any other documents or to provide any payments.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

arunsrid

Nov 14, 2017
Hi pitico55,

There are 2 sections in the link you have given (one for citizens of mexico and the other for non-citizens).
The Note you have mentioned is written under citizens section. In the non-citizens section, they have given a link in spanish for additional info, fees, e.t.c and mentioned something about transferring money through e5cinco scheme or something. But this part is not clear. Can you clarify this ?

Regds,
Ar