+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
@AC87 @Coco7 : Quick question.. Even though PGR sends the PCC directly to IRCC, I can see a placeholder in my Submitted Application called "Replacement Needed : Police certificate (required)"
Do we need to upload a letter of explanation in there?
Yes, in my case my immigration consultant uploaded a letter of explanation and the receipt that proved that I had sent my documentation to the Canadian Embassy

makeoveraashu

Sep 14, 2017
Yes, in my case my immigration consultant uploaded a letter of explanation and the receipt that proved that I had sent my documentation to the Canadian Embassy
How do you upload a letter. It asks for validity date and Certificate number.
Do you put dummy information in these fields ?

MEGC

Apr 22, 2016
Hi forum!

I am in need of some advice, I sent my documents for the certificate to Mexico on September 12th, 3 weeks later I contacted the Canadian Embassy through e-mail and got confirmation from their side in reference to processing of my papers. I got the generic response: "it will take 30 to 60 business days". It is the 30th business day so far and I haven't heard any confirmation or news about the process.

I am wondering if anyone is in a similar case where documents were sent close to the earthquake, if that has created some sort of delay and if anyone has their documents already processed or a more meaningful update from them?

Thanks in advance

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Today I linked my account online and I was ask to upload police check... I realize I need to submit it to the Canadian embassy in Mexico fingerprints and pictures but I haven't received a letter for the embassy where can I download a letter somewhere or just mail pictures and print to with my application number

makeoveraashu

Sep 14, 2017
Hi forum!

I am in need of some advice, I sent my documents for the certificate to Mexico on September 12th, 3 weeks later I contacted the Canadian Embassy through e-mail and got confirmation from their side in reference to processing of my papers. I got the generic response: "it will take 30 to 60 business days". It is the 30th business day so far and I haven't heard any confirmation or news about the process.

I am wondering if anyone is in a similar case where documents were sent close to the earthquake, if that has created some sort of delay and if anyone has their documents already processed or a more meaningful update from them?

Thanks in advance
I am in same state, documents sent on 22nd September. Still no update. Please raise a web form and ask IRCC to extend your end date.

Reactions: MEGC

Taliyai

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi forum!

Thanks in advance
Hello, I’m not in the same situation as I sent our documents In October. However I have written them twice over oct-nov and the first response was generic - that they received our package and would process in 30-60 Days. The second response I received was more meaningful - they had indicated that our fingerprints were sent to the police (and that it would take 30-60 Days). I’d say write to them again with your concern about the earthquake and that you want to upload their response to your application. They may give you a more personal answer.

Reactions: MEGC

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Could someone please help me I would like to make sure I'm doing this correctly
I have collected
1. Two set of ink fingerprints
2. Three pictures from the front
3. Three pictures from the right side
4. Copy of my passport
5. I hand written Letter with my file number, name, date of birth, cpc location I sent my inland application

Then I send to Embassy in Mexico City

I have no letter from immigration ask for the embassy help just my online account asking for my PPC

MEGC

Apr 22, 2016
Hello, I’m not in the same situation as I sent our documents In October. However I have written them twice over oct-nov and the first response was generic - that they received our package and would process in 30-60 Days. The second response I received was more meaningful - they had indicated that our fingerprints were sent to the police (and that it would take 30-60 Days). I’d say write to them again with your concern about the earthquake and that you want to upload their response to your application. They may give you a more personal answer.
Thanks for the advice! will definitely reach out again.

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi, Should I tell IRCC that the embassy will send the police certificate directly?
Should I ask for more time? January 1 is my deadline to send that.

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Once the embassy in Mexico City notifies you they have received your fingerprints and will submit them on your behalf you can upload that letter to immigration in Canada that would be evidence you have done everything possible you can to submit your fingerprints it is in the Canadian government's hands now and they will take care of the rest

Reactions: J&C11

jimmygzz

Feb 20, 2015
Hello guys,

here is my time frame

PCC requested: SEP 18
Documents sent to Canadian Embassy: SEP 23
Documents sent to PGR: OCT 6
PCC sent to IRCC: Nov 27

on Dec 20 I got an email requesting my passaport and 2 pictures from my wife and I, email subject
"CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)", what seems confusing is that there is no msg on mycic nor any update (background check is still in progress), my lawyer explained to us today that getting this mail means that our application has been accepted and after we send this info we will get a Confirmation of Permanent Residence at this point is when the application gets updated and the only thing left is the landing procedure.

best of luck everyone and let me know should you have any questions, will do my best to keep posting updates as well.