VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You see?
That's why I'm worried
As I said I was there most of time but I was not working. I was there to watch things while I was doing my personal stuff. So I was there even 20 or 25 hours but not working. I know it's weied
So as I said, you were working illegally above the 20 hour limit and are now looking for a way to lie about it.

When I am free, what should I do
Is it like a prison and only stay at home or University?
Workplace is near to University and I was able to be there and take the opportunity to earn money. No more
Get friends. Get a girlfriend/boyfriend. Get a hobby. Join a club. Go for walk. There are many things you could do besides work illegally.

Reactions: dny0821

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You see?
That's why I'm worried
As I said I was there most of time but I was not working. I was there to watch things while I was doing my personal stuff. So I was there even 20 or 25 hours but not working. I know it's weied
This is work and therefore illegal, "watching" is work, work doesn't have to be physical.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
This is work and therefore illegal, "watching" is work, work doesn't have to be physical.
I am having fun watching him trying to jump through the hoops. I knew there was something off about why he was worried but I didn't want to jump the gun.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
When I am free, what should I do
Is it like a prison and only stay at home or University?
Workplace is near to University and I was able to be there and take the opportunity to earn money. No more
See, the bad thing for you now is that from your posting history, it is quite clear what university you are in and what country you are from. It won't be hard for someone with an interest to report you and your employer to the authorities. You can still salvage what is left of your time here by stopping the illegal work and coming clean in your next application.

Or would you like to be deported?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That's another story. First thing is I know I did not illegal, I just want to know high salary is illegal or not. If I did not explain in details, you would not suspect. Anyway, thanks for your answer
Yes, it was illegal and yes, anyone with half a brain would have suspected regardless of what you said. Restaurants don't pay cooks $40/hour and they certainly don't pay someone $40/hour to "watch", whatever that means. You illegally worked more than 20 hours per week.

N031

Sep 15, 2020
Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is healthy and safe. I have a question regarding part time thing. Winter 2020 was my second last semester in which I got registered for 3 courses. In one course my grades were low. As for my last semester I just had 2 courses left I decided to repeat the course in which I gained less credit. But now on my official transcript it shows all the 3 courses and the grades I got in all the 3. But instead of showing GPA hrs 9 its shows 6. I am wondering if this problem will show me as a part time student for second last semester as I applied for PGWP? I appreciate your advice . Thank you

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is healthy and safe. I have a question regarding part time thing. Winter 2020 was my second last semester in which I got registered for 3 courses. In one course my grades were low. As for my last semester I just had 2 courses left I decided to repeat the course in which I gained less credit. But now on my official transcript it shows all the 3 courses and the grades I got in all the 3. But instead of showing GPA hrs 9 its shows 6. I am wondering if this problem will show me as a part time student for second last semester as I applied for PGWP? I appreciate your advice . Thank you
Does it show 9 "attempted" or "total" hours? As long as you have 3 courses showing for that semester, even if the mark for one of them was a withdrawal or failure, you should be okay.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Oh okay... It does show 9 credits and 9 hrs... Thank you very much.

And always , as a backup , get a letter from your school.
It's the school which decides if you are full time or part time.
IRCC follows that up.

Sidhu29

Nov 5, 2020
Hi, I am looking for some guidance and maybe advise.
I graduated from two year Masters program on 3rd Oct'19. The same date is mentioned on my university graduation letter. Same day I applied for the pgwp. Now, on January 6th, 2020 I received a refusal in my pgwp application. Panick mode on! Spoke to CIC representative the next day. He advised that my transcript wasn't uploaded. And asked me to use a web form to send a request for reconsideration, which I did. I uploaded my graduation letter (dated 3rd oct19) and unofficial transcript (dated 5th oct'19, downloaded from university website). Just to be double sure I got my official transcript issued on 8th January and resent another web form with all three documents this time.
Now my question is:
1. How long does it take for a request for reconsideration.
2. I am out of status as of 6jan, the date of my pgwp refusal. What options do I have?
3. I understand everything is time bound. So will restoring status as visitor and then applying for pgwp again. Is this actually the correct way?
4. Any other options I can look forward to?
[/QUOTE
In how many days did you get of the web form ?

Simrancxxxxxx

Apr 20, 2021
Hello there,
My name is Siraj Ahmed, I'm in very unique and frustrating situation. I've graduated in April 2019 with Business accounting diploma and applied for my PGWP on May 29th 2019 and I got a refusal on September 12th 2019, reason which they stated was that I didn't maintain my full-time status during the program. In my 2nd semester, I took only 1 course because I was badly sick and I didn't mention my medical condition for that time in my application then they put me on 90 days restoration period starting from sept 12th to dec 12, 2019. I was so panicked, I went to a consultant and he advised me that as my study permit got expired already (30th july) and I don't have any status so we cant apply for pgwp directly, he said first we have to get your status back thats why we will apply for study permit for few months so we can have your status back and then apply for pgwp. He submitted my study permit restoration applicaton and also simultaneously he attached my pgwp application both together on October 2nd, 2019. He said, In case if study permit restoration gets approved but pgwp gets refused we should submit another pgwp individually as we are still in 180 days period otherwise we will loose this chance if we pass 180 days period so we submitted pgwp#2 application with explanation all doctor notes and my medical situation on November 6th 2019. Now, I got refusal on January 6th 2020 for study permit restoration application. I have no status now and also 90 days restoration period is passed but my pgwp#2 still in process. I was wondering do i need to leave country immediately or i can stay till i get decision on my pgwp application.

I know its a long para, if you get confuse or lost somewhere please ask me in comment i will clarify more.
Your advise will be appreciated. Thanks.
did u get any status or not?

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Hello there,
My name is Siraj Ahmed, I'm in very unique and frustrating situation. I've graduated in April 2019 with Business accounting diploma and applied for my PGWP on May 29th 2019 and I got a refusal on September 12th 2019, reason which they stated was that I didn't maintain my full-time status during the program. In my 2nd semester, I took only 1 course because I was badly sick and I didn't mention my medical condition for that time in my application then they put me on 90 days restoration period starting from sept 12th to dec 12, 2019. I was so panicked, I went to a consultant and he advised me that as my study permit got expired already (30th july) and I don't have any status so we cant apply for pgwp directly, he said first we have to get your status back thats why we will apply for study permit for few months so we can have your status back and then apply for pgwp. He submitted my study permit restoration applicaton and also simultaneously he attached my pgwp application both together on October 2nd, 2019. He said, In case if study permit restoration gets approved but pgwp gets refused we should submit another pgwp individually as we are still in 180 days period otherwise we will loose this chance if we pass 180 days period so we submitted pgwp#2 application with explanation all doctor notes and my medical situation on November 6th 2019. Now, I got refusal on January 6th 2020 for study permit restoration application. I have no status now and also 90 days restoration period is passed but my pgwp#2 still in process. I was wondering do i need to leave country immediately or i can stay till i get decision on my pgwp application.

I know its a long para, if you get confuse or lost somewhere please ask me in comment i will clarify more.
Your advise will be appreciated. Thanks.
Pls reply did you recived your PGWP , my frnd is in similar situation .

shivaniverma_88

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hello, My PGWP got refused saying I was not full time, but I have been a full time student the whole time. Additionally, my refusal says "Your status in Canada is valid until September 30, 2022." (This was the end date of Study Permit), but it has been more than 90 days since I have applied for the PGWP, I have three questions.
  1. Does that mean I am out of status or my status is valid till 30th Sept?
  2. If I apply again before Sept 30 2022 , will I go back to maintained status considering they just mentioned my status in Canada is valid till sept 30th (OR) Because it has been 90 days since I applied for PGWP and now got refused, I need to restore my status first and then apply PGWP again?
  3. I am also working full time, and have stopped working now. But can I start working once I apply for PGWP again before Sept 30? (OR) do I need to wait for the PGWP reapplication results?
Kindly help. Thanks!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello, My PGWP got refused saying I was not full time, but I have been a full time student the whole time. Additionally, my refusal says "Your status in Canada is valid until September 30, 2022." (This was the end date of Study Permit), but it has been more than 90 days since I have applied for the PGWP, I have three questions.
  1. Does that mean I am out of status or my status is valid till 30th Sept?
  2. If I apply again before Sept 30 2022 , will I go back to maintained status considering they just mentioned my status in Canada is valid till sept 30th (OR) Because it has been 90 days since I applied for PGWP and now got refused, I need to restore my status first and then apply PGWP again?
  3. I am also working full time, and have stopped working now. But can I start working once I apply for PGWP again before Sept 30? (OR) do I need to wait for the PGWP reapplication results?
Kindly help. Thanks!
Sorry did you mean that you were studying full time and also working full time but now stopped working or did I missed something?