+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refusal

harmandeep56123

Jan 4, 2020
Hello there,
My name is Siraj Ahmed, I'm in very unique and frustrating situation. I've graduated in April 2019 with Business accounting diploma and applied for my PGWP on May 29th 2019 and I got a refusal on September 12th 2019, reason which they stated was that I didn't maintain my full-time status during the program. In my 2nd semester, I took only 1 course because I was badly sick and I didn't mention my medical condition for that time in my application then they put me on 90 days restoration period starting from sept 12th to dec 12, 2019. I was so panicked, I went to a consultant and he advised me that as my study permit got expired already (30th july) and I don't have any status so we cant apply for pgwp directly, he said first we have to get your status back thats why we will apply for study permit for few months so we can have your status back and then apply for pgwp. He submitted my study permit restoration applicaton and also simultaneously he attached my pgwp application both together on October 2nd, 2019. He said, In case if study permit restoration gets approved but pgwp gets refused we should submit another pgwp individually as we are still in 180 days period otherwise we will loose this chance if we pass 180 days period so we submitted pgwp#2 application with explanation all doctor notes and my medical situation on November 6th 2019. Now, I got refusal on January 6th 2020 for study permit restoration application. I have no status now and also 90 days restoration period is passed but my pgwp#2 still in process. I was wondering do i need to leave country immediately or i can stay till i get decision on my pgwp application.

I know its a long para, if you get confuse or lost somewhere please ask me in comment i will clarify more.
Your advise will be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi did you get any response on 2 nd application

Mar 9, 2020
That is great. Congrats. Did you apply for restoration or anything else while they were deciding whether they would reconsider your application or not?
I requested reconsideration in a webform and they sent me the exact same message they sent you 10 days ago, but my application status has not changed. They did not refund my open work permit when they refused my application though.
Hey! did you get any update ?

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
You're no longer eligible for pgwp, no matter if you restore your status or not.
Hello,
I will be graduating in this April from my 2year post graduate program and I was throughout till now without any break and would be completing the program in time, just only official summer break I'd. I would be getting overall 70%. I was full-time student in each of the semester. However, I withdrew 2 courses out of 5 in my last week of first semester but still I was considered full time in that semester according to my college. Thus, I retook them in my second semester. Will it create any issue in my PGWP application as they will see I withdrew 2 courses in first semester as on my transcript it would be marked W beside those courses even though I was considered full time student?

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
Hello,
I will be graduating in this April from my 2year post graduate program and I was throughout till now without any break and would be completing the program in time, just only official summer break I'd. I would be getting overall 70%. I was full-time student in each of the semester. However, I withdrew 2 courses out of 5 in my last week of first semester but still I was considered full time in that semester according to my college. Thus, I retook them in my second semester. Will it create any issue in my PGWP application as they will see I withdrew 2 courses in first semester as on my transcript it would be marked W beside those courses even though I was considered full time student?

Angie1999

Apr 14, 2020
Hi guys!

I would really appreciate an advice in my case. I am studying a 3 year study program (Finance). During my studies I have taken a couple of semesters off ( unauthorized) because of some family problems. I have also worked full time a couple of months when I had these breaks. I know it is going to give me some complications during my PGWP application, but could someone tell me what I can do to fix this or explain my reasons for taking unauthorized breaks? Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
It makes no sense for the college to consider you full-time when you withdrew from the courses. Are you sure that your transcript states full-time?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys!

I would really appreciate an advice in my case. I am studying a 3 year study program (Finance). During my studies I have taken a couple of semesters off ( unauthorized) because of some family problems. I have also worked full time a couple of months when I had these breaks. I know it is going to give me some complications during my PGWP application, but could someone tell me what I can do to fix this or explain my reasons for taking unauthorized breaks? Thank you!
You took unauthorized breaks and worked illegally. You do not qualify for a PGWP and have little chance of being able to fix it.

Reactions: jddd

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
It makes no sense for the college to consider you full-time when you withdrew from the courses. Are you sure that your transcript states full-time?
Yes, they said on my transcript it would be written full-time on that semester this was confirmed by international services department of college and my program dean. Because I withdrew 2 courses out of 5 in last week before exam. Hence, in my college it is considered as full-time status.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yes, they said on my transcript it would be written full-time on that semester this was confirmed by international services department of college and my program dean. Because I withdrew 2 courses out of 5 in last week before exam. Hence, in my college it is considered as full-time status.
3 courses should be full time at most schools so you should be fine.

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
3 courses should be full time at most schools so you should be fine.
Yeah, I confirmed with the program dean & international services for several times. Hence, I'll get PGWP for 3 years as it was 2 year post graduate program correct?

Singh2248

Apr 24, 2020
Hello,
I am looking for some guidance over here. My PGWP work permit got refused and in the refusal letter, it was said that I didn't maintain my fulltime status in School. When enquired found that my refusal was based on the fact that I didn't attend classes in fall 2018. But, my fall 2018 was a scheduled break from the school. So, what should I do in this scenario? Should I send my school proof for the reconsideration or should I apply for restoration and reapply for my work permit again?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hello,
I am looking for some guidance over here. My PGWP work permit got refused and in the refusal letter, it was said that I didn't maintain my fulltime status in School. When enquired found that my refusal was based on the fact that I didn't attend classes in fall 2018. But, my fall 2018 was a scheduled break from the school. So, what should I do in this scenario? Should I send my school proof for the reconsideration or should I apply for restoration and reapply for my work permit again?
I don't have a specific reply to your case but when has fall ever been a scheduled break? Did you mean summer?

Singh2248

Apr 24, 2020
In my case, fall was a regular break from the school. I started in winter 2018, so my regular break was after 2 semesters So, that's why fall 2018 was my regular break.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
No. Fall semester is not a scheduled break. If you started in winter 2018, Summer 2018 was your break, fall 2018 is NOT is break.

In my case, fall was a regular break from the school. I started in winter 2018, so my regular break was after 2 semesters So, that's why fall 2018 was my regular break.