PGWP refusal

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry, i think u misunderstood that. I was enrolled in the school and f2018 was academic official break.
Fall is a standard semester. If you didn't include proof in your app that it was a scheduled break, that was a mistake. You can try for reconsideration but no guarantee it will be approved.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Then the visa officer is correct in his decision. You were not enrolled in the Fall 2018 semester therefore you are not eligible for pgwp
Any semester can be a scheduled break. It depends on the school.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes. Any semester can be a scheduled break, but Singh2248 did not register in the fall semester,even if it was a break. Therefore there was a break in the studies.
No idea what you mean. There is nothing to register for during a break. That's why it's a break. People in standard programs running Sept-Apr don't register for their May-Aug summer break. They just take the break and then register for their next Sept courses.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
In my case, fall was a regular break from the school. I started in winter 2018, so my regular break was after 2 semesters So, that's why fall 2018 was my regular break.
Fall is a normal break for a lot of students who start in Winter, it was the same for me. The officer probably just made a mistake, you need to send a webform and request a reconsideration because you were incorrectly refused along with some proof from school would help.
You should also call IRCC if they are receiving calls now.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
No idea what you mean. There is nothing to register for during a break. That's why it's a break. People in standard programs running Sept-Apr don't register for their May-Aug summer break. They just take the break and then register for their next Sept courses.
Usually some students will take a leave of absence for the summer semester to avoid paying school fees and save some money. Meaning they are not registered for the summer period until when school restarts in September.

I probably reckon he did the same for the fall semester and his semester is not reflected in his transcript as a scheduled break

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Usually some students will take a leave of absence for the summer semester to avoid paying school fees and save some money. Meaning they are not registered for the summer period until when school restarts in September.

I probably reckon he did the same for the fall semester and his semester is not reflected in his transcript as a scheduled break
Did you read the post just above yours?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I really have no idea what you are talking about. There are no fees to pay during scheduled breaks. Students don't take leaves of absence during scheduled breaks. If they take an LOA, it is from a scheduled semester when they actually would have had classes.