+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

ahmedmalik

Aug 1, 2019
I work as a supervisor in a food company where the name of the position is Lead hand not supervisor. But my responsibility is to supervise, there is no other position named supervisor. My employment letter also says Lead hand. They are also not writing fulltime in the employment letter because of the covid 19 siuation. They are offering me part time hours.They just wrote I am part time employed as a Lead hand and listed my duties which matches the supervisor duties mentioned in CIC . Now I need to have a B category job to apply for my husband's work permit extension along with my post graduation work permit. Will it make any problem to get his application approved? Since my roles and responsibilities match Noc b supervisor, can I explain it in the explanation letter? How is the chance to get a rejection? Also if i apply for my pgwp alone, will his open work permit still remain valid? he has valid work permit till August 2020

Isilda

May 13, 2020
**** URGENT****
I am going to complete my graduation within 2 weeks(international student) and my wife is with me on an open work permit till 30 July 2020. I am going to apply for PGWP within the first week of May 2020 but due to the current scenario, COVID-19, it is not possible to get my PGWP before her visa expired. What should I suppose to do?

Can I apply for her work permit together with minePGWP?

Should I apply for a work visa extension for her? ( She is working in a restaurant)

Should I apply for a visitor visa for her then when will get my PGWP then I have to apply for WP for her?
hi! Did you find any solution? I’m in the same situation like you! I’m waiting for confirmation of graduation in way to apply for pgwp, but my spouse work visa will expire in the end of July and im afraid i will not have my pgwp approval because of covid situation

mistynafisa

Jun 25, 2018
Hi I’m studying graphic design in Canada. Me and my husband were in relationship and was about to get married then suddenly my visa arrived. We couldn’t get any chance to have a grand ceremony. my parents are getting old. They wanted to see me settled down. So I got married and left for canada. From that time we applied I mean my husband applied for visas and all of them were rejected. Then we contacted one immigration lawyer firm in Toronto and they applied for an ATIP. We got the ATIP after 5 months of applying. The reason they showed us that they didn’t believe our marriage even after providing marriage certificates and photos. And my husband’s bank balance was not a huge amount. But it was more than enough to stay in canada for 6 months. As we applied for visit visas. Then we gathered every proof . We provided all of the chat histories from 2013 the time we started dating and in summer I went to visit him . We went for honeymoon and every intimate photos and within a short time they rejected visa again. Day by day I’m becoming frustrated now and for the pandemic I cannot go to meet him even. I’m so sad. Pls help me. Suggest me . Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi I’m studying graphic design in Canada. Me and my husband were in relationship and was about to get married then suddenly my visa arrived. We couldn’t get any chance to have a grand ceremony. my parents are getting old. They wanted to see me settled down. So I got married and left for canada. From that time we applied I mean my husband applied for visas and all of them were rejected. Then we contacted one immigration lawyer firm in Toronto and they applied for an ATIP. We got the ATIP after 5 months of applying. The reason they showed us that they didn’t believe our marriage even after providing marriage certificates and photos. And my husband’s bank balance was not a huge amount. But it was more than enough to stay in canada for 6 months. As we applied for visit visas. Then we gathered every proof . We provided all of the chat histories from 2013 the time we started dating and in summer I went to visit him . We went for honeymoon and every intimate photos and within a short time they rejected visa again. Day by day I’m becoming frustrated now and for the pandemic I cannot go to meet him even. I’m so sad. Pls help me. Suggest me . Thanks
How many apps has he submitted? Provide a complete timeline of all apps, including all documents included in each app and refusal reasons.

How long did he say he was staying? How much funds did he show? Why is he applying as a visitor instead of applying for a work permit? What country are you from?

mistynafisa

Jun 25, 2018
How many apps has he submitted? Provide a complete timeline of all apps, including all documents included in each app and refusal reasons.

How long did he say he was staying? How much funds did he show? Why is he applying as a visitor instead of applying for a work permit? What country are you from?
I am from Bangladesh. At first we applied visitor visa for twice. And then we thought to apply for open work permit. Finally we hired a lawyer and she suggested us to apply for a visitor visa. Refusal reason was they didn’t believe our marriage. But we provided every docs and photos. This time we provided our conversation we’re having from 2015 in social media. But nothing worked.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am from Bangladesh. At first we applied visitor visa for twice. And then we thought to apply for open work permit. Finally we hired a lawyer and she suggested us to apply for a visitor visa. Refusal reason was they didn’t believe our marriage. But we provided every docs and photos. This time we provided our conversation we’re having from 2015 in social media. But nothing worked.
Again, provide timeline, docs submitted, refusal reasons in letter for each app and answer the questions.

mistynafisa

Jun 25, 2018
Again, provide timeline, docs submitted, refusal reasons in letter for each app and answer the questions.
First we applied on April 2018 for visit visa and then August 2018 for visit visaand after that we applied for a open work permit in August 2019 and then we applied through lawyer in March 2020 for visit visa.
Reasons : 1. At first the reason was my husband won’t go back to his country.
2. Second reason was the same.
3. They were not happy with relationships docs
4. Fourth time it was again that he won’t go back to Bangladesh after visit canada.

ibelieve

May 3, 2016
Hi folks,

I'm on sowp and working full-time in NOC A and my visa expires on July 31st, 2020.
I have my contract till 31st Dec 2020 provided my visa is extended.

My husband is on study permit and he has just completed his course and awaiting for transcripts.
He has been working part-time in NOC A and his program has co-op tied to it. He has received the salary in the form of invoice which basically doesn't have the taxable component and he has to file the tax externally. To apply for sowp extension it's mandatory to have the 3 paystubs and job offer.
So my question is can this invoice be submitted along with proof of tax returns being filed and his full time job offer to apply for sowp extension?
Hi, did you lodge your application for pgwp and sowp?

eknathroyal

May 16, 2011
Hi, I am on Spouse OWP and now my wife completed her PG. Last week she applied for PGWP and she is on implied status. I am aware that to extend my OWP I need her payslips. As of now, she doesn't have a job. My boss is ready to offer a job right now.

My question here is, while applying OWP extension for myself, if we both working in the same company does it causes any problem. I am working here for almost 8 months but it is a very small company

Isilda

May 13, 2020
Hi, I am on Spouse OWP and now my wife completed her PG. Last week she applied for PGWP and she is on implied status. I am aware that to extend my OWP I need her payslips. As of now, she doesn't have a job. My boss is ready to offer a job right now.

My question here is, while applying OWP extension for myself, if we both working in the same company does it causes any problem. I am working here for almost 8 months but it is a very small company
No, it doesn't cause any problem if you and your wife work together in the same company!

Reactions: eknathroyal

rupinder22418

May 16, 2020
hi, my husband has finished his studies in april 2020. we r going to apply for his pgwp within first week of june. i am here on open work permit. my visa will expire in july so i want to extend my visa. now my husband is not working due to covid 19 his work is closed but he will get full time job letter of noc level B from the employer where
he was working before covid 19. here i want to know which pay stubs we will show when i apply for visa extension because works are closed due to corona? please help me. can i apply with his paystubs from march month

Last edited:

Ansalna Jamal

Jun 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I will finish my studies in December 2020. So I need to apply for my PGWP within march 2011. But my husband's work permit valid till March 2022. Do I need to apply my his work permit extension together with my PGWP , or can we apply for his visa extension after I get my PGWP.

mistynafisa

Jun 25, 2018

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
Hi everyone. I submitted my PGWP application 2 weeks ago and my wife OWP expires in July.....I already have the 3 payslips and employment letter (noc B)....can she applied for her extension if I'm under implied status??? thank you so much