+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
Hi everyone. I submitted my PGWP application 2 weeks ago and my wife OWP expires in July.....I already have the 3 payslips and employment letter (noc B)....can she applied for her extension if I'm under implied status??? thank you so much

IDream

Jun 3, 2020
Hi Everyone, my wife completed her studies and applied for PGWP (now on implied status) on 15-May-2020. Later she got a Job in NOC type A. Now she has 3 payslips. Both of our visas expire on 30-July-2020.

1- While applying extension for myself, what document should I upload under "Family member Proof of Status"?
2- Do I need to submit my offer letter and payslips as well?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ammydeep

Aug 21, 2020
I have completed my study and my study permit and my husband’s open work permit is valid up-to 30 November 2020. I know that I can’t work when I got my final transcripts. But I dont know that my husband can work until 30 November or not?

m_rahman

Sep 26, 2020
Hello. I just completed my graduation and still have student visa until March 2021, my wife has an open work permit visa same time duration. If I only apply for PGWP without 3 payslips my wife's open work permit will automatically transfer to a visiting visa or remain open work permit until March 2021.

indopino

Nov 6, 2019
Hello. I just completed my graduation and still have student visa until March 2021, my wife has an open work permit visa same time duration. If I only apply for PGWP without 3 payslips my wife's open work permit will automatically transfer to a visiting visa or remain open work permit until March 2021.
Hi, your wife's OWP will not be effected by your PGWP application. It will remain valid till it expires. Please note that once you apply for your PGWP and the moment they approve it your countdown starts. So I suggest you apply for your PGWP once you have a job offer as your status is valid till March 2021. Once you have a job offer, put in your PGWP application and the next day you can officially start work.

Reactions: m_rahman

San1234_ind

Dec 28, 2019
Hello,
I have applied for Spouse Open work permit with out PGWP as both our visas got expired on 30th September. I have received my PGWP approval on October 1st. Any idea how to attach the supporting document? Is it through a web form? Or do we have option to upload the doc throu cic profile?

MTCL

Apr 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

I really need help with my situation:
a. I've applied for my PGWP last May and haven't got the approval from IRCC yet and the OWP visa of my partner and TRV of my daughter arrived last week of September with an expiry of Nov 30 because my student permit that will expire on that date as well. They will be coming here to Canada within this month before October 30. Will it best that we apply for the change of status of my partner's visa from OWP to visitor record and also a visitor record for my daughter? (it also stated in IRCC's website that it is best to submit an application for extension/change of status at least 30 days prior to the expiry of the permit.)

b. Also, if we change the status, can I provide a copy of the letter from IRCC which states that I have already submitted my application for PGWP last May and is waiting for their approval and on implied status?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Your spouse must have a NOC A, B, or 0 job and 3 pay slips for you to apply for a work permit. If he doesn't have that by the time your permit is going to expire, you will need to apply to change your status to visitor.
Hi, having pgwp with NOC B job but not related to my educational field, will I still qualify to extend my wifes open work permit?

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I know I have to provide a employment letter in NOC 0, A, or B and some pay slips, in order to extend my husband's spousal open work permit. I was wondering if there is any condition regarding the employer I work for. for example, the number of employees that work there, or how old the business is, etc. would it be a problem if it is a newly founded company? like a start up?
I have a gone through Canada.ca website, but still cant find an answer.

Thank you in advance :)

froozebaba121

Mar 24, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I know I have to provide a employment letter in NOC 0, A, or B and some pay slips, in order to extend my husband's spousal open work permit. I was wondering if there is any condition regarding the employer I work for. for example, the number of employees that work there, or how old the business is, etc. would it be a problem if it is a newly founded company? like a start up?
I have a gone through Canada.ca website, but still cant find an answer.

Thank you in advance :)
As long as the company is a legal entity in Canada and has proper business registration and all you're good to go. All you need is a letter that mentions your role and job responsibilities with 3 recent payslips.