+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

#SRB#

Feb 28, 2021
You can apply your PGWP and her work permit extension together if you have skilled job offer and 3 payslips.
I have query on this. How can you apply for PGWP and SOWP extension together because according to rule, you can't work beyond your last day of academic term even though you have valid study permit so one has to apply for PGWP once he finished his/her study.

In nutshell, you can't apply PGWP and SOWP together as I understood from the process. Correct me if I am wrong.

Kindly post your valuable suggestions.

amit_jain

Nov 27, 2019
3 payslip requirement to apply for a spouse open work extension needs to be monthly or Bi-weekly? We have 4 payslips for (2 months ), but as it is not clear to us about the month's requirement, we are waiting for 2 more payslips (1 month). If someone can please advise about bi-weekly or monthly payslips that will be a great help for us.

Last edited:

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
3 payslip requirement to apply for a spouse open work extension needs to be monthly or Bi-weekly? We have 4 payslips for (2 months ), but as it is not clear to use about the month's requirement, we are waiting for 2 more payslips (1 month). If someone can please advise about bi-weekly or monthly payslips that will be a great help for us.
Monthly or bi-weekly will do. payslips usually contains “YTD” which shows how much you earned in the current year so far.

Reactions: Miracle2018

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
3 payslip requirement to apply for a spouse open work extension needs to be monthly or Bi-weekly? We have 4 payslips for (2 months ), but as it is not clear to us about the month's requirement, we are waiting for 2 more payslips (1 month). If someone can please advise about bi-weekly or monthly payslips that will be a great help for us.
Doesn't matter, if you getting paid bi weekly, just add three of bi weekly pay slips.

Isilda

May 13, 2020
They require the last 3 paystubs, so bi-weekly it’s all good.
I extended my husband visa last November and submitted my last 3 paystubs( Bi-weekly)
No worries, you don’t have to wait for 2 more payslips

sibalCanada

Sep 17, 2021
Hi Guys,

My wife's study permit and My open work permit is expired by End of July.

but we get her actual work permit In 7th of August (Issued by 27th of July) by mail.
I had applied my open work permit right away I got it but It is restore as worker status.

I had no option because I was not qualify for extend my work permit until I got actual permit.

All I could do was

1, let permit expire ->got spouse's work permit -> applying Restore status as worker and pay extra 200 dollar with full application fee (550)
2, apply visitor (extra fee) -> permit expired -> got spouse's work permit -> applying new work permit application.

these option were just the same that I think, Only I have to do is waiting until I got decision,

but the problem is, I cannot work at all until I got a work permit again,

is there anybody who have same situation as me?

I really want to work for our financial situation, but life is being miserable.

They put the article said CPC-E(Case processing center-Edmonton) will sending out outline condition by MAIL.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/restoration-status.html
but nothing is happening, seems like they will not going to restore my status until I got decision made for my open work permit.

D0T04UZ

Sep 30, 2021
Canada
Category........
WP
App. Filed.......
29-10-2022
Hello,

my wife applied for pgwp along with my sowp. She is on NOC job currently. But she got offer from other employer. My question is : She can change her job now while we are waiting for our decision fro pgwp and sowp?

thank you in advance.

delixo

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2023
Doc's Request.
June 13th 2023
AOR Received.
April 6 2023
Med's Done....
May 9th 2023
After i have submitted the documents (3 pay stubs and such) for my spouse's OWP extension, for how long should I keep working on this job? I read on the CIC website that I should keep working until the extension is rendered. But I also read that in case I get fired or quit, my spouse's case will not be harmed. Can someone clarify this info? Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miracle2018

Asma2021

Dec 15, 2021
Hello All,

I am looking for some advice. I am on PGWP and my husband is on SOWP. I was eligible for a 3-year work permit but because my passport had an earlier expiry date, we both received the work permit for 1.5 years, now my passport has been renewed and I want to know how should I extend my and my husband's work permit. Please help !!
Hello Harvish, I am having the same issue, could you please guide me what to do in this case?

Elham hadadi

Feb 6, 2022
Hello everyone,
For extending my husband' OWP It is needed to show 3 paylips of Nock 0 A,B jobs. Are there any conditions for the company that shows I am paying by that? Can I show my payroll from a reyail bakery that I am baker there?

Feb 17, 2021
I am on Student Visa here and want to apply for SOWP for Spouse.
1. I have a doubt whether there is any restriction on working for Noc A , Noc B jobs on spouse open work permit visa?
2. Once the visa is approved, when I get PGWP, will I have to apply extension for my spouse again or would it automatically extended?

@legalfalcon : Could you please guide me with your expertise in this matter.

amit_jain

Nov 27, 2019
I am on Student Visa here and want to apply for SOWP for Spouse.
1. I have a doubt whether there is any restriction on working for Noc A , Noc B jobs on spouse open work permit visa?
2. Once the visa is approved, when I get PGWP, will I have to apply extension for my spouse again or would it automatically extended?

@legalfalcon : Could you please guide me with your expertise in this matter.
Hi,
Following is my experience for your queries:
1)There is no restriction for SOWP holder to work on NOC A , NOC B job . You can work on any job as you like except the ones those will be listed on work permit in exclusion category ( mostly 1 or 2 ).
2) Yes you have to apply for extension when your spouse PGWP expires, it will not be automatically extended.

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hi Guys,

My wife's study permit and My open work permit is expired by End of July.

but we get her actual work permit In 7th of August (Issued by 27th of July) by mail.
I had applied my open work permit right away I got it but It is restore as worker status.

I had no option because I was not qualify for extend my work permit until I got actual permit.

All I could do was

1, let permit expire ->got spouse's work permit -> applying Restore status as worker and pay extra 200 dollar with full application fee (550)
2, apply visitor (extra fee) -> permit expired -> got spouse's work permit -> applying new work permit application.

these option were just the same that I think, Only I have to do is waiting until I got decision,

but the problem is, I cannot work at all until I got a work permit again,

is there anybody who have same situation as me?

I really want to work for our financial situation, but life is being miserable.

They put the article said CPC-E(Case processing center-Edmonton) will sending out outline condition by MAIL.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/restoration-status.html
but nothing is happening, seems like they will not going to restore my status until I got decision made for my open work permit.
Did you get any response?

amir.suarez

Aug 22, 2022
If you don't have a skilled job and 3 payslips, he can't apply for a work permit.
Hi canuck_in_uk, I have my NOC A and the 3 slips but still waiting on the PGWP (just have the WP-EX letter) ... can I apply for a new / renewal OWP for my wife? Her actual one expires on sept 10. Thanks in advance.