+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

Rajkrish

Apr 8, 2020
Yes exactly, My understanding was also if I apply along with my spouse pgwp I will need those documents, but I don't know if I apply as the dependent of a PR applicant, do I need that to or not! I wish that IRCC was made that more clear!
I will go to contact ircc through web form and hope they give me answer.
Anyway, thanks for your time.
Wish me luck! ;)
They will definitely respond. I wish everything works well for you ! Good luck

Reactions: saman.khoddam

VenFab1991

Apr 22, 2020
Hello All,

I am looking for some advice. I am on PGWP and my husband is on SOWP. I was eligible for a 3-year work permit but because my passport had an earlier expiry date, we both received the work permit for 1.5 years, now my passport has been renewed and I want to know how should I extend my and my husband's work permit. Please help !!
Hi there, wondering how did this go for you and your spouse? Thanks!

N001

Dec 15, 2018
Hi folks,

I'm on sowp and working full-time in NOC A and my visa expires on July 31st, 2020.
I have my contract till 31st Dec 2020 provided my visa is extended.

My husband is on study permit and he has just completed his course and awaiting for transcripts.
He has been working part-time in NOC A and his program has co-op tied to it. He has received the salary in the form of invoice which basically doesn't have the taxable component and he has to file the tax externally. To apply for sowp extension it's mandatory to have the 3 paystubs and job offer.
So my question is can this invoice be submitted along with proof of tax returns being filed and his full time job offer to apply for sowp extension?

froozebaba121

Mar 24, 2018
His work permit is valid until it expires. He doesn't need to apply for a new one right now.
Hi, I am kind of in the same situation here. I finished my course in December 2019 and applied PGWP in Jan'2020. I just got my PGWP today but my wife's SOWP is valid till Nov'2020. Is there any web link on CIC website that you can direct me to? Because I called CIC once and their representative said that my spouse's SOWP status expires the day I receive my PGWP.

I had NOC B job but I lost because of COVID-19 in March 2020. I have 3 full-time paystubs from 1st Feb to 15 March but I was working there since december 2019 part-time on my study permit. I have letter from employer showing my employement status and saying that i'll be joining back when things get normal.

Please share some information on it. Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am kind of in the same situation here. I finished my course in December 2019 and applied PGWP in Jan'2020. I just got my PGWP today but my wife's SOWP is valid till Nov'2020. Is there any web link on CIC website that you can direct me to? Because I called CIC once and their representative said that my spouse's SOWP status expires the day I receive my PGWP.

I had NOC B job but I lost because of COVID-19 in March 2020. I have 3 full-time paystubs from 1st Feb to 15 March but I was working there since december 2019 part-time on my study permit. I have letter from employer showing my employement status and saying that i'll be joining back when things get normal.

Please share some information on it. Thanks.
There is no specific link. Work permits remain valid to expiry.

N001

Dec 15, 2018
Hello,
Following is our case,
My sowp expires on 31st July and my husband is on study permit and is waiting for the transcript to apply for pgwp. He has been working part time in NOC A and has received invoice and filed the tax as well. So my question is can we use the invoice + bank statement and his full time offer letter and apply for the sowp along with pgwp?

I'm working full time and I do have an offer letter from my employer stating that if my visa is approved my contract is till this year end. So if I have to wait for my spouse to receive the pgwp and then apply for sowp extension I might lose the current status. So does that mean I have to quit for job or is there anyway I can continue working legally?

Appreciate your suggestion!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
Following is our case,
My sowp expires on 31st July and my husband is on study permit and is waiting for the transcript to apply for pgwp. He has been working part time in NOC A and has received invoice and filed the tax as well. So my question is can we use the invoice + bank statement and his full time offer letter and apply for the sowp along with pgwp?

I'm working full time and I do have an offer letter from my employer stating that if my visa is approved my contract is till this year end. So if I have to wait for my spouse to receive the pgwp and then apply for sowp extension I might lose the current status. So does that mean I have to quit for job or is there anyway I can continue working legally?

He needs 3 payslips in order for you to be able to apply for an OWP based on his PGWP. You can apply once he has the necessary documents. If he doens't have it before your permit expires, you have to apply to change your status to visitor and stop working as of expiry.

N001

Dec 15, 2018
Hello everyone... I had a question if any one could please help me out.

I'm on a sowp now which expires in march and my wife is going to apply for her Pgwp by end of January, any It takes more than 3 months to get pgwp approved so will she be able to apply for my permit in her applied status if she can manage Level 0,A,B job with 3 pay stubs or we need to wait to apply my Sowp until her's get approved?
Hello,
I'm curious to know the details of your case. Did you guys apply together ?

N001

Dec 15, 2018
He needs 3 payslips in order for you to be able to apply for an OWP based on his PGWP. You can apply once he has the necessary documents. If he doens't have it before your permit expires, you have to apply to change your status to visitor and stop working as of expiry.
Will the paystubs of part time NOC A job suffice?
He has the offer letter and he will start working the moment he submits the pgwp application.

Is there an option to submit the full time paystubs while the file is in process if we apply both the visas together.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Will the paystubs of part time NOC A job suffice?
He has the offer letter and he will start working the moment he submits the pgwp application.

Is there an option to submit the full time paystubs while the file is in process if we apply both the visas together.
There is no full-time requirement.

N001

Dec 15, 2018
There is no full-time requirement.
Thanks a ton for clarifying.

One last question, suppose the pgwp is in process and we do not receive an approval before my visa expires, can I in parallel apply for my sowp extension or since we already have the necessary documents can we apply for both our visa together?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a ton for clarifying.

One last question, suppose the pgwp is in process and we do not receive an approval before my visa expires, can I in parallel apply for my sowp extension or since we already have the necessary documents can we apply for both our visa together?
You can apply whenever you have the documents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Following is our case,

Are you saying he is consulting for his co-op? That is extremely strange. Co-ops usually require you to be employed by the company not consultant.