+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Good Day Everyone!
I am an international student, and my wife on open work permit, kids are visitors.
Question #1 - If I do not get a NOC A,B,0 job upon graduation, what are my options to extend my wife and kids visa?
Question #2 - My current work is at NOC B but my employer is at the United States and I am just working from home, is it possible that I declare this current job as NOC B?
Question #3 - Can a part time NOC A,B,0 be qualified in this case?

Your response is highly appreciated.. Thank you!
1. Only as visitors.
2. No, it is not a Canadian employer.
3. Unlkely.

Rajkrish

Apr 8, 2020
Hi,

My post graduate work permit is expiring in the mid of June and my wife is currently studying and about to Apply for pgwp in May. Can i apply for work permit extension along with her PGWP application and continue working in canada until the decision is made? Please let me know.

She has full time offer and three payslips by the time she apply for pgwp

Thanks in Advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My post graduate work permit is expiring in the mid of June and my wife is currently studying and about to Apply for pgwp in May. Can i apply for work permit extension along with her PGWP application and continue working in canada until the decision is made? Please let me know.

She has full time offer and three payslips by the time she apply for pgwp

Thanks in Advance
If it's a skilled job, yes.

Rajkrish

Apr 8, 2020
If it's a skilled job, yes.
Yes It is NOC B. So I can continue working in implied status until the decision is made on her pgwp and my work permit extension?
If possible could you please paste from reference from CIC page because i need to provide that to my employer since they are start up and not aware of any process. I tried on my own and could not find relevant information. Thanks again for your time and response

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes It is NOC B. So I can continue working in implied status until the decision is made on her pgwp and my work permit extension?
If possible could you please paste from reference from CIC page because i need to provide that to my employer since they are start up and not aware of any process. I tried on my own and could not find relevant information. Thanks again for your time and response
Yes.

Just Google "Implied Status".

Reactions: Rajkrish

uditshah07

Apr 14, 2020
**** URGENT****
I am going to complete my graduation within 2 weeks(international student) and my wife is with me on an open work permit till 30 July 2020. I am going to apply for PGWP within the first week of May 2020 but due to the current scenario, COVID-19, it is not possible to get my PGWP before her visa expired. What should I suppose to do?

Can I apply for her work permit together with minePGWP?

Should I apply for a work visa extension for her? ( She is working in a restaurant)

Should I apply for a visitor visa for her then when will get my PGWP then I have to apply for WP for her?

Rajkrish

Apr 8, 2020
You can apply your PGWP and her work permit extension together if you have skilled job offer and 3 payslips.

saman.khoddam

Jan 27, 2018
My spouse has PGWP and she is not working. NO JOB OFFER IN SKILL LEVEL AND NO PAYSLIPS.
We have AOR for permanent residency. Am I eligible for an open work permit as a family member who included in an application of permanent residency?
Or my option is just applying under her PGWP?
I have to also restore my status in Canada.
Please help.
Thank you.

Rajkrish

Apr 8, 2020
My spouse has PGWP and she is not working. NO JOB OFFER IN SKILL LEVEL AND NO PAYSLIPS.
We have AOR for permanent residency. Am I eligible for an open work permit as a family member who included in an application of permanent residency?
Or my option is just applying under her PGWP?
I have to also restore my status in Canada.
Please help.
Thank you.
You can restore your status as only a visitor I guess. As far as I know, u can apply for open work permit only when your spouse has full time offer and three payslips.

saman.khoddam

Jan 27, 2018
You can restore your status as only a visitor I guess. As far as I know, u can apply for open work permit only when your spouse has full time offer and three payslips.
You think if I apply as family member who has been included in an application for permanent residency, I still need the proof to show my wife has a job?
Because the IRCC didn’t ask me for proof after I filled the questions.

Rajkrish

Apr 8, 2020
You think if I apply as family member who has been included in an application for permanent residency, I still need the proof to show my wife has a job?
Because the IRCC didn’t ask me for proof after I filled the questions.
You asked whether you are eligible for open work permit. For that I told that your spouse need a skilled job offer and three payslips to add you in her PGWP application to apply your open work permit.

saman.khoddam

Jan 27, 2018
You asked whether you are eligible for open work permit. For that I told that your spouse need a skilled job offer and three payslips to add you in her PGWP application to apply your open work permit.
Sorry but I don’t understand. Because I search in IRCC “who can apply for an open work permit?”
in that page I found this:
In another page of IRCC, the section of types of work permits for your situation, I also find the following:
You're a family member who has been included on an application for permanent residence
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you’ve been included on an application for permanent residence that has been found complete or has received a positive eligibility assessment. Your application must be under one of the following:

My understanding from the above information is that I would be eligible, but could you please tell me why you think that I am not eligible to use this regulation?

I deeply appreciate it. It's a big help me.

Rajkrish

Apr 8, 2020
I never mentioned you are not eligible. As per my knowledge, if you are applying for open work permit along with your spouse pgwp application , your spouse need a skilled job offer with three payslips. Under the circumstances you mentioned above, I am not sure. so I would advise you to contact ircc via web form and they would be able to guide you based on your situation. Meanwhile you can follow this thread for someone who is experienced to respond u. Sorry

saman.khoddam

Jan 27, 2018
I never mentioned you are not eligible. As per my knowledge, if you are applying for open work permit along with your spouse pgwp application , your spouse need a skilled job offer with three payslips. Under the circumstances you mentioned above, I am not sure. so I would advise you to contact ircc via web form and they would be able to guide you based on your situation. Meanwhile you can follow this thread for someone who is experienced to respond u. Sorry
Yes exactly, My understanding was also if I apply along with my spouse pgwp I will need those documents, but I don't know if I apply as the dependent of a PR applicant, do I need that to or not! I wish that IRCC was made that more clear!
I will go to contact ircc through web form and hope they give me answer.
Anyway, thanks for your time.
Wish me luck! ;)