+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ interview

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
In the letter, asking him to come to the interview, they said that at the end of the interview, they would let him know how he did. That my husband would know right away after the interview was over, if he was getting the CSQ or not. But they did not, and when he asked, the guy said, "I have no idea. I am just here to evaluate your French. They will let you know." In French, of course. So we are still in some sort of limbo, but my husband thinks that it went very poorly. They guy was not encouraging or very helpful.

When the interviewer said a word he did not know, and my husband said in French that he did not understand this word, the interviewer just repeated it again. The same word in French and did not slow down either. We think this guy was a professor or something like that and had no idea that my husband needed any certain score on this test he was doing.

Reactions: deneb

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
In the letter, asking him to come to the interview, they said that at the end of the interview, they would let him know how he did. That my husband would know right away after the interview was over, if he was getting the CSQ or not. But they did not, and when he asked, the guy said, "I have no idea. I am just here to evaluate your French. They will let you know." In French, of course. So we are still in some sort of limbo, but my husband thinks that it went very poorly. They guy was not encouraging or very helpful.

When the interviewer said a word he did not know, and my husband said in French that he did not understand this word, the interviewer just repeated it again. The same word in French and did not slow down either. We think this guy was a professor or something like that and had no idea that my husband needed any certain score on this test he was doing.
Hopefully your husband gets through. MIDI's autocratic behaviour will ultimately take toll on the new migrants. What was your husbands score in CEFR 625 course?

All the best.

asdfgh789

Dec 16, 2017
I really hope your husbands gets the CSQ! He truly deserves it! This is not right. they should had given him an answer right away (as stated in the letter!). This is another indication MIDI is not only taking the french level nto account to make a final decision. MIDI is really awful, no transparency.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Just an update for us. My husband asked to be transferred to Toronto, with same employer last summer, and they have finally said yes. So now, I still do not know where we stand, but we are planning to move to Toronto in May.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Just an update for us. My husband asked to be transferred to Toronto, with same employer last summer, and they have finally said yes. So now, I still do not know where we stand, but we are planning to move to Toronto in May.
All the best to your husband and you. The way MIDI is behaving lot of skilled people will move out of Quebec. They need to have clear-cut policies rather than indulging in guerrilla techniques. If someone needs to be punished it's the colleges and Uni's who pass the undeserving students. At the end of day corruption in Quebec ties their hands and students are the only one who are at receiving end.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Update for us. WE GOT THE CSQ! I was very ready for us not to get it. At this point, nothing is definite for us leaving the province, though I kind of want to for many reasons now, so we are going to apply for PR. First things first though, we have to go and flagpole for a new work permit.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Update for us. WE GOT THE CSQ! I was very ready for us not to get it. At this point, nothing is definite for us leaving the province, though I kind of want to for many reasons now, so we are going to apply for PR. First things first though, we have to go and flagpole for a new work permit.
Congrats... so csq is on basis of your husband passing the interview. Great. All the best for flagpole and PR.

deneb

Dec 9, 2017
Congrats… And thanks for sharing your experience of an interview.
I have some questions. I saw your last comment that your husband is graduating Concordia French language school. My wife and her friends started to learn French at Concordia in this month. They have just started but have questions and complaints. My wife, she is just level 1 but a way to teach of school is not to help her with hers speaking French. In the class, she spends most times to just fill blanks and speak with side classmate just a once. And a friend of my wife, she is level 3 higher than her, her class’s a way to teach is very similar my wife class. So they doubt it. Was it the same when your husband learned French in the past, Concordia? Does it help your husband improve his French-speaking skills when he finishes up to level 6? Or how did your husband improve speaking French?
I just heard the results of the interviews were not so good these days. But I am good to hear from you.
Best.

R_Canada

Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys. I have finished my French course in Continuing Education at Concordia University. I applied for PEQ after graduation and about 2 weeks ago I got a mail that I have to do French interview(3 April). However, today Morning I received an Email that interview is canceled (have not received a mail yet). I was wondering have you seen other cases like that. Anyone knows whats going on?Thanks a lot.
(By the way, I am from middle east)

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hi guys. I have finished my French course in Continuing Education at Concordia University. I applied for PEQ after graduation and about 2 weeks ago I got a mail that I have to do French interview(3 April). However, today Morning I received an Email that interview is canceled (have not received a mail yet). I was wondering have you seen other cases like that. Anyone knows whats going on?Thanks a lot.
no one knows whats going on except MIDI:)
hopefully they are not going to change the policy

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Do they say why it is cancelled? I hope it is because they are just giving you the PEQ.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Heard of similar cases. The MIDI lawyers have presented their arguments on 19th which seem to be quite weak. IMK will get the interview policy reversed as it's arbitrary and lacks ethics.

Hopefully you will get PEQ. The interview policy was devised to discriminate against Chinese mainly, then Middle eastern and Indians.

Last edited:

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Heard of similar cases. The MIDI lawyers have presented their arguments on 19th which seem to be quite weak. IMK will get the interview policy reversed as it's arbitrary and lacks ethics.

Hopefully you will get PEQ. The interview policy was devised to discriminate against Chinese mainly, then Middle eastern and Indians.
That's why MIDI has already deleted 'No intervew for PEQ' policy on their website.