+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ interview

Laith92

Dec 31, 2017
it's an interview to get my csq.

my grades are good but they don't consider average grade they only consider last level grade which is 70, the people who gets more than 75 they get their degree with distinction, and they don't get interviewed.

Thanks.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
it's an interview to get my csq.

my grades are good but they don't consider average grade they only consider last level grade which is 70, the people who gets more than 75 they get their degree with distinction, and they don't get interviewed.

Thanks.
Sorry to jump inbetween but on this forum a lady posted on her husbands behalf who did Level 6 from Concordia with 78 marks and he still got the interview call. I guess it's sometime next week. I don't have time to search through threads.

How do you know that because you didn't get distinction thats why you are called for the interview?

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, happy new year

Around 80% of people in PEQ are getting interview because one of the MIDI's goal is send CSQ to people with french language

85% of people who get CSQ have to show french and interview is the way to verify it

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
hi, happy new year

Around 80% of people in PEQ are getting interview because one of the MIDI's goal is send CSQ to people with french language

85% of people who get CSQ have to show french and interview is the way to verify it
Happy New Year, ShaggyCoc. Nice moniker you have here. I hope it recovers in summers.

As to PEQ I agree with you but MIDI should target institutions which are flexible in issuing B2 certificates and
moreover in the PEQ for Quebec graduates it's clearly mentioned : No interviews and processing of csq in 20 days.

I am all for strict policies but arbitrary targeting of students from specific nationalities shows that MIDI works in a
political way to punish those who have done no wrong. Going by this interview policy why don't they call all who
have been issued CSQ in the past and interview and reject them or better recall their federal process for
misrepresentation.

Thanks

Jebi25

Jan 2, 2018
Good luck buddy. Prepare very well and don't sit at Point3 or Canada college if you are planning to give tefaq.

In February Quebec Supreme Court may decide on this interview policy of MIDI.
Can I get more info about this court's decision?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Can I get more info about this court's decision?
February is the date of the court (if not postponed). It was postponed on a very normal Quebecois ground before - court clerk or somebody was not there to take notes, I guess.

You can follow and contact Chalk Immigration on Facebook. Lawyer's name is David Chalk and they are representing affected students like you in a class action suit against MIDI. On his FB page you will find link to another page PEQ Immigration etc.

Also follow developments on this Chinese website : quebecpeq.com. Admin there updates latest related info. If you are not Chinese you need to translate the pages and translation is very weird and funny but you will understand the gist of discussion.

Good Luck and All the best.

Jebi25

Jan 2, 2018
February is the date of the court (if not postponed). It was postponed on a very normal Quebecois ground before - court clerk or somebody was not there to take notes, I guess.

You can follow and contact Chalk Immigration on Facebook. Lawyer's name is David Chalk and they are representing affected students like you in a class action suit against MIDI. On his FB page you will find link to another page PEQ Immigration etc.

Also follow developments on this Chinese website : quebecpeq.com. Admin there updates latest related info. If you are not Chinese you need to translate the pages and translation is very weird and funny but you will understand the gist of discussion.

Good Luck and All the best.
Thank you so much

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
My husband has been called for PEQ/CSQ interview after doing all his classes at Concordia. His interview is on Wednesday Jan 10th. I am looking for info from anywhere about what questions they ask in the interview. His interview is in Montreal.

Reactions: deneb and Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
My husband has been called for PEQ/CSQ interview after doing all his classes at Concordia. His interview is on Wednesday Jan 10th. I am looking for info from anywhere about what questions they ask in the interview. His interview is in Montreal.
Email the admin on quebecpeq.com. He is quite helpful and if you know mandarin the better but I guess you can communicate with him in English also.

All the best.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
So my husband just returned from his interview and this is what he says:

The interviewer asked me questions about my job, and what I do. How I got my job, what was the interview like. He asked me if I had to come to Montreal to interview. He asked what were the things that qualified me for my work. Then he moved onto news. He asked me to describe something that happened from the United States. Now that I am remembering, I think he meant from when I lived there, not just news from the United States. He asked me to describe a person that is important to me. He asked me to compare San Francisco to Montreal. We talked a little bit about it is much colder here than San Francisco. He asked me what I would do in a few years at my work

He asked me all questions that were designed to evaluate whether I was at level 6 or not. Like could I use l'imparfait? could I use future proche?could I use passe compose? It was very much just a French exam in conversation.

Reactions: deneb

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

The interviewer asked me questions about my job, and what I do. How I got my job, what was the interview like. He asked me if I had to come to Montreal to interview. He asked what were the things that qualified me for my work. Then he moved onto news. He asked me to describe something that happened from the United States. Now that I am remembering, I think he meant from when I lived there, not just news from the United States. He asked me to describe a person that is important to me. He asked me to compare San Francisco to Montreal. We talked a little bit about it is much colder here than San Francisco. He asked me what I would do in a few years at my work

He asked me all questions that were designed to evaluate whether I was at level 6 or not. Like could I use l'imparfait? could I use future proche?could I use passe compose? It was very much just a French exam in conversation.
ok, thanks but what was the response? CSQ or not?

Laith92

Dec 31, 2017

thank you so much for sharing that, it will be helpful for me and every one who will be interviewed.
Thanks again appropriate it.
and wish you and your husband all the best.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

Thanks for sharing it here. All the best to you and your husband.