+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi there,
I applied for CSQ through PEQ. After almost 3 weeks I received the letter saying that my application needs deeper investigation. Is it a definite sign of an interview? I had followed French courses eligible for PEQ at university.
Merci
Surely interview

rikavache

Jun 12, 2017
Hello,

My application package for the CSQ/PEQ has delivered to MIDI on September 21, 2018 but I did not receive the receipt of payment yet (They didn't charge my credit card) !!!
Does it happen to anyone else? What should I do?

shawnlauzon

Jan 9, 2017
Category........
QSW
I'm going through a similar ordeal. I applied for the PEQ / Temporary skilled worker programme, and as proof of my French level, submitted a diploma "with distinction" and transcript after completing CEFR-625 Conversation Française Niveau 6. This should have been sufficient for granting the CSQ
  • 28 aug Submitted paperwork
  • 4 sept Received your paperwork letter
  • 19 sept Deeper examination letter
  • 9 oct Interview scheduled for 23 oct
  • 23 oct Interview
  • 6 nov Intention de refuser
Now I have until 6 December to send more information. I'm considering sending a letter to them explaining the situation and that I complied with the rules. I also had planned (truthfully) to study French FT to become native-level fluency, but didn't want to leave my job until I received the CSQ.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I'm going through a similar ordeal. I applied for the PEQ / Temporary skilled worker programme, and as proof of my French level, submitted a diploma "with distinction" and transcript after completing CEFR-625 Conversation Française Niveau 6. This should have been sufficient for granting the CSQ
  • 28 aug Submitted paperwork
  • 4 sept Received your paperwork letter
  • 19 sept Deeper examination letter
  • 9 oct Interview scheduled for 23 oct
  • 23 oct Interview
  • 6 nov Intention de refuser
Now I have until 6 December to send more information. I'm considering sending a letter to them explaining the situation and that I complied with the rules. I also had planned (truthfully) to study French FT to become native-level fluency, but didn't want to leave my job until I received the CSQ.
MIDI sometime can't distinguish their target race group. Even though you are Filipino but they clubbed you as Chinese.

Even though you fulfilled all criteria as per their website but your race also plays a role unfortunately.

Now you can only apply as a QSW.

If you have option to change province better do it now for your and your family's bright future. You are living in a prehistoric provincial setup where tribal mentality overpowers sanity.

Many of my highly skilled and qualified friends are contemplating a move out of Quebec. Quebec likes dole buggers who speak French. Not a province for skilled migrants.

Better Luck buddy.

asm050189

Feb 1, 2018
personally, I wouldn't be super surprised that if MIDI actually could triple check your score and lower it considering what's going on recently.
But theoretically, MIDI should just give the CSQ to those applicants who double checked by themselves since there is absolutely no reason to refuse them.

Hi Ayuki,

Did you apply?. I`m on the same situation that the Work permit is going to expire soon. I already applied to the PEQ/Worker but my permit expire in 3 weeks. Did you got your CSQ?

Thanks

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Hi Ayuki,

Did you apply?. I`m on the same situation that the Work permit is going to expire soon. I already applied to the PEQ/Worker but my permit expire in 3 weeks. Did you got your CSQ?

Thanks
I did, after a very long and arduous battle that, frankly, I don't think was worth fighting. I applied November 2017 and revived it July 2018. I only applied because I believed the 3 week lie I was spun.

Hope things work out for you if you are really keen to stay in Quebec. Best of luck

asm050189

Feb 1, 2018
I did, after a very long and arduous battle that, frankly, I don't think was worth fighting. I applied November 2017 and revived it July 2018. I only applied because I believed the 3 week lie I was spun.

Hope things work out for you if you are really keen to stay in Quebec. Best of luck
7 months to get it?.. That doesn`t make sence, what happened?... One of my friends received it in 4 weeks but her permit is okay, so no delays. They reject you application because of the permit?

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Nah nah it was to do with, I believe, passport discrimination and them deeming my French not to be adequate even after having passed a state standardised test with a C1. You can read the thread from the start if you are interested

Siwol

Feb 1, 2019
Hi Ruscoe24,

I just need some advice or experiences in PEQ program (worker).
I believe that I am having an unusual situation.
My story is that I already sent my completed hard copies through mailing service for my PEQ preparation and it was delivered by Canada Post on December 10, 2018.
However, they did not even start the payment for my documents and it has been already 2 months that I have not heard anything from them.
I called MIDI a few days ago but they were saying that the processing time could be prolonged because of the Canada Post strike and there were some holidays between the period.
I do not know what to do because my tracking number says clearly that it has been delivered and yet, even now, I don't even have a reference number to inquire for more information to MIDI.
Have you heard from someone who had similar experience like me?
I am starting to be frustrated because my work permit is going to expire in this summer
If somebody can share your PEQ timeline between 2018 November to 2019 January, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you guys.

Siwol

Feb 1, 2019
Hello,

My application package for the CSQ/PEQ has delivered to MIDI on September 21, 2018 but I did not receive the receipt of payment yet (They didn't charge my credit card) !!!
Does it happen to anyone else? What should I do?
Hi rikavache, can I follow up your timeline now? I have same situation as yours and it has been 2 months that I am waiting for MIDI to answer...

rikavache

Jun 12, 2017
Hi rikavache, can I follow up your timeline now? I have same situation as yours and it has been 2 months that I am waiting for MIDI to answer...
Hello Siwol,
They returned my whole package by mail after one month and said that there was an error in the payment form !!! I did not believe them but I filled again the payment form and resent my application package to MIDI. They have asked for another document about mid November and from that time, I am still waiting for an update/decision from them.

ringneng

Feb 7, 2019
Hey guys,

So I keep going through every thread here and freaking out.

I originally came with the Young Professionals program and started working at a company as an intern, but had to quit and found another job because I was lied to about my wages.

I have been in this new company now for about 9 months, my work permit expires April 13th. I didn't know about the PEQ process and wasted a lot of time applying through Arrima for nothing.

I was reading over the PEQ document requirements and one of them is that I have to get Attestation d'emploi/certificate of labor, an original, signed, etc. etc.

Can I just submit a certificate of labor for the company I currently am in, even though I've been with them 9 months? (PEQ minimum is 12 months).

I assume I'd have to submit 2 of them, one for my current employer and one for my previous one, whom I worked for during 6 months but they are not answering my emails. I emailed HR, my exboss, and I am getting radio silence.

To counter this, I was thinking of providing proof of my work experience with the previous company and therefore proving that I have 12+months work experience with the following items:

1) My old work permit (copy)
2) My offer of internship (copy)
3) My tax records and bank statements. (copy)
4) A letter of explanation with information as to why I had to switch employers.
5) The email evidence that shows where my first employer lied about the wages and working conditions.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Would it be OK to submit one original Attestation d'emploi and that list of documents for my first employer?

BONUS question: What happens when I've submitted my application and my work permit runs out? My visa has a stamped that I should leave by the same date also. Can I leave and come back? I assume I won't be able to work, but are officers okay with me coming in like "I'm waiting to get my CSQ"? What sort of supporting documents does one show them?

I'm super stressed and on edge, I hope anyone has any words of advice.

Thank you

Siwol

Feb 1, 2019
Hello Siwol,
They returned my whole package by mail after one month and said that there was an error in the payment form !!! I did not believe them but I filled again the payment form and resent my application package to MIDI. They have asked for another document about mid November and from that time, I am still waiting for an update/decision from them.
Thanks for sharing your timeline rikavache,
I hope your papers and mine will be done soon by MIDI