+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I am a McGill graduate too. I have completed a McGill French course that is recognized by MIDI as being valid for B2 and have also attained a B2 in the TEFAQ for both expression and comprehension.

I delayed graduation by a year just so I could reach the B2 level and am now too scared to even send out my application. My TEFAQ B2 expression score is somewhat on the lower end of the scale (272/450) and even though I'm applying with both the McGill French course and the TEFAQ scores I don't know if I should retake the TEFAQ expression and aim for a C1.

Honestly, I'm totally clueless regarding how to proceed. My lawyer claims my application should have no issues but I don't see how she can say that if she'd spent 5 minutes researching all these horror cases online.
I got a news, it's from one of the Chinese student who applied through PEQ graduate.

after 4 months pending, He was informed by MIDI that his TEFAQ score (speaking) got lowered down from B2 to B1 but weird thing is that when he checked his TEFAQ score on the CCIP site, it is still the B2 level, not B1.

He also just got a letter from MIDI and that is a pre-refuse (or what is the name maybe) letter and in that, it says that he has 20 days to submit supporting documents to prove that he has B2 level of French.

20 days.... not even enough time to register for another test....

hoppi10

Feb 12, 2018
I got a news, it's from one of the Chinese student who applied through PEQ graduate.

after 4 months pending, He was informed by MIDI that his TEFAQ score (speaking) got lowered down from B2 to B1 but weird thing is that when he checked his TEFAQ score on the CCIP site, it is still the B2 level, not B1.

He also just got a letter from MIDI and that is a pre-refuse (or what is the name maybe) letter and in that, it says that he has 20 days to submit supporting documents to prove that he has B2 level of French.

damn :/ - did he receive that info today?

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017

Yes, I saw the previous posts by people who got their scores lowered from B2 to B1. This is what I fear.

Aside from my TEFAQ scores, I will also be applying with the grades from my McGill French course that is certified by MIDI as being valid for proving B2 competency -- this course was completed after I sat the TEFAQ. Seeing as I am applying with both, I am hoping they don't have reasonable doubt when evaluating my application. Nonetheless, judging by their behavioral lately I have no idea what to expect... perhaps it is best I take the TEFAQ again and try to score a C1 in expression.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Yes, I saw the previous posts by people who got their scores lowered from B2 to B1. This is what I fear.

Aside from my TEFAQ scores, I will also be applying with the grades from my McGill French course that is certified by MIDI as being valid for proving B2 competency -- this course was completed after I sat the TEFAQ. Seeing as I am applying with both, I am hoping they don't have reasonable doubt when evaluating my application. Nonetheless, judging by their behavioral lately I have no idea what to expect... perhaps it is best I take the TEFAQ again and try to score a C1 in expression.
I have C1 in speaking, still too scared to submit my application...
two ways to prove your french level is always better than 1 so you are in a good situation i think.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
ew..... few of the Chinese students are just informed that their tefaq speaking got lowered to b1 from b2....
seems like midi is on the move...
please, everyone, update us

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
ew..... few of the Chinese students are just informed that their tefaq speaking got lowered to b1 from b2....
seems like midi is on the move...
please, everyone, update us
Wow, so MIDI sent out rejections en masse this week?

Do you know what raw score some of them got out of 450 before being lowered? Also what test centre most of them took the TEFAQ at?

Reactions: ayuki117

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
dont really know the score but i think it's not very important anymore...

one of them is Canada College.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
new update:
one of the person who was informed by midi saying that his points got lowered down, just contacted the CCI and CCI confirmed that it was them who lowered down the level

hoppi10

Feb 12, 2018
just to confirm - is it only the speaking test which is being changed?

I assume the listening test won't be changed because it's not subjective

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
just to confirm - is it only the speaking test which is being changed?

I assume the listening test won't be changed because it's not subjective
yes, only the speaking, but that's enough.

did anybody took the TCFQ test or everybody took the TEFAQ test?

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016

I have talked to my MNA about this and he mentioned that if I cannot provide anything by deadline (in my case 26 Apr) I can just tell them that and they could find a "compromise."

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
I have C1 in speaking, still too scared to submit my application...
two ways to prove your french level is always better than 1 so you are in a good situation i think.
Apparently if you ask for verification yourself (demander un recours) then MIDI cannot ask for it themselves