+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
that means they (MIDI) asked Paris to contre-evaluate your speaking result and sometimes, it doesn't change which means Paris agrees with your result.
I have seen some Chinese applicants who are in this situation and ...nothing else after that.
The letter (Intention de refuser) I got mentions that "En effet, à la suite d'une nouvelle évaluation par la Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Paris Ile-de-France (CCIP) du TEFAQ que vous avez produit, le résultat atteste que vous avez une connaissance du français oral de niveau B1 (production), selon l'Échelle québécoise des niveaux de compétence en français des personnes immigrantes." It does say that CCIP evaluated the result. However, when I contacted CCIP before, they didn't know anything about re-evaluation.

Do the applicants who are in same situation tried to access their attestation after receiving the letter? Did the grade change? Did they received any notification from CCIP directly?

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
The letter (Intention de refuser) I got mentions that "En effet, à la suite d'une nouvelle évaluation par la Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Paris Ile-de-France (CCIP) du TEFAQ que vous avez produit, le résultat atteste que vous avez une connaissance du français oral de niveau B1 (production), selon l'Échelle québécoise des niveaux de compétence en français des personnes immigrantes." It does say that CCIP evaluated the result. However, when I contacted CCIP before, they didn't know anything about re-evaluation.

Do the applicants who are in same situation tried to access their attestation after receiving the letter? Did the grade change? Did they received any notification from CCIP directly?
what....so they did change your result...ah,,,, that's not a good sign! CCIP DOSE contre-evaluation just not regularly and you actually can require it by yourself within 3 months after you got your result.
however, i guess now it's too late...
so since MIDI told you that your TEFAQ result has been changed to B1, i believe it indeed has been changed to B1 just CCIP hasn't update their file yet.
so other ppl i know who are in the similar situation are actually two types:
1. they received the same thing like you and ppl like that, are waiting
2. they received an email from MIDI saying that there might be a change in their result and till the end, it didn't change, ppl like that, are waiting
so i guess those two types have all been requested a conter-evaluation from MIDI to CCIP, just type 1 result has been changed and type 2 CCIP is agreed with the result so the result stays the same

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
what....so they did change your result...ah,,,, that's not a good sign! CCIP DOSE contre-evaluation just not regularly and you actually can require it by yourself within 3 months after you got your result.
however, i guess now it's too late...
so since MIDI told you that your TEFAQ result has been changed to B1, i believe it indeed has been changed to B1 just CCIP hasn't update their file yet.
so other ppl i know who are in the similar situation are actually two types:
1. they received the same thing like you and ppl like that, are waiting
2. they received an email from MIDI saying that there might be a change in their result and till the end, it didn't change, ppl like that, are waiting
so i guess those two types have all been requested a conter-evaluation from MIDI to CCIP, just type 1 result has been changed and type 2 CCIP is agreed with the result so the result stays the same
Do those people who received the same email sent the new results? I heard that they don't accept the result if you take one after the submission.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/peq-rejected.526623/page-2#post-6517773

Jonahrd

Mar 29, 2018
I just signed up to contribute my situation:

Received the letter that my CSQ application was received and my payment was processed dated Feb 1st,2018
Results from TEFAQ B2 in oral compréhension and expression from Nov 25th, 2017
Still haven't received anything else regarding my CSQ as of March 29th
I'm from the US and I applied through the PEQ graduate program, but I am also eligible through the skilled worker program.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I just signed up to contribute my situation:

Received the letter that my CSQ application was received and my payment was processed dated Feb 1st,2018
Results from TEFAQ B2 in oral compréhension and expression from Nov 25th, 2017
Still haven't received anything else regarding my CSQ as of March 29th
I'm from the US and I applied through the PEQ graduate program, but I am also eligible through the skilled worker program.
What’s your diploma or program may I ask? Training/ bachelor/ master/ PHD?

coronelbida

Mar 30, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a degree from Canada, I am employed and i am on a PGWP.
I am in a similar situation. Took the TEFAQ and got B2 on both oral and listening. Applied for CSQ in November 2017. About a month after they said they will need to look at my application in more detail. Thursday MIDI said that they had reassessed by oral expression to be B1. Would like to know if anybody with a similar situation has found a way to resolve this issue. My lawyer said that i should try to get a better grade in the TEFAQ, but I am going to meet with him again soon since from what I read this does not solve anything. Moreover, who knows what a good grade is since it can be revised arbitrarily.

Thank you for help

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a degree from Canada, I am employed and i am on a PGWP.
I am in a similar situation. Took the TEFAQ and got B2 on both oral and listening. Applied for CSQ in November 2017. About a month after they said they will need to look at my application in more detail. Thursday MIDI said that they had reassessed by oral expression to be B1. Would like to know if anybody with a similar situation has found a way to resolve this issue. My lawyer said that i should try to get a better grade in the TEFAQ, but I am going to meet with him again soon since from what I read this does not solve anything. Moreover, who knows what a good grade is since it can be revised arbitrarily.

Thank you for help
when did you submit your application to MIDI? also, did you go to the CCIP website to take a look if your result has been changed?

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
I am planning to discuss it with Le Protecteur du Citoyen, who is already on my case anyways, and might take TEF canada so that I could apply for federal program...

Do you folks happen to know anyone who applied through OINP job offer stream for int'l students?

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Ba

Bachelors from McGill. I also took the tefaq at mcgill
I am a McGill graduate too. I have completed a McGill French course that is recognized by MIDI as being valid for B2 and have also attained a B2 in the TEFAQ for both expression and comprehension.

I delayed graduation by a year just so I could reach the B2 level and am now too scared to even send out my application. My TEFAQ B2 expression score is somewhat on the lower end of the scale (272/450) and even though I'm applying with both the McGill French course and the TEFAQ scores I don't know if I should retake the TEFAQ expression and aim for a C1.

Honestly, I'm totally clueless regarding how to proceed. My lawyer claims my application should have no issues but I don't see how she can say that if she'd spent 5 minutes researching all these horror cases online.