+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

Oui

Mar 27, 2018
I submitted my PEQ application end of last October as a graduate student with my TEFAQ B2 result. So far the only thing(s) I have received are 2 identical letters saying "my documents need further verification" issued on December 8. Received one after Xmas and the other at the end of January. Called them and they said yes that's the letter we wanted to give you and you just need to wait. I mean I meet all their requirements, what's the reason of this absurd delay?? and 2 identical letters?? Something is seriously wrong at MIDI...
Not to mention all this waiting which totally derailed my plan of immigrating/working/living here. My work permit has expired and now I'm only on visitors visa till this September. Can't study, can't work, can't do nothing. I'm now very frustrated and depressed. Hope they will give us an answer soon. This is not right, almost immoral. And it DOES affect local citizens. as I've been living with my partner(a local quebecois) for almost 2 years. Now I don't see a future and this puts him into depression too. He doesn't want to go with the "common law" thing as it's too complicated and he doesn't want to be a "sponsor" due to financial concerns. Honestly I don't want to go that route either. But now the time is ticking and when the day my visitor's visa expires comes, I'll have to leave... I came to Quebec with hope and met my partner and thinking about the bright future we could have. Now I'm full of resentment and disappointment.

Sorry for my rants. I think we need to expose this to the public and let people know how their government shows no respect and don't give a ( ) to potential contributors to Quebec society and on the other hand embraces those refugees who will drain the tax payers.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
I submitted my PEQ application end of last October as a graduate student with my TEFAQ B2 result. So far the only thing(s) I have received are 2 identical letters saying "my documents need further verification" issued on December 8. Received one after Xmas and the other at the end of January. Called them and they said yes that's the letter we wanted to give you and you just need to wait. I mean I meet all their requirements, what's the reason of this absurd delay?? and 2 identical letters?? Something is seriously wrong at MIDI...
Not to mention all this waiting which totally derailed my plan of immigrating/working/living here. My work permit has expired and now I'm only on visitors visa till this September. Can't study, can't work, can't do nothing. I'm now very frustrated and depressed. Hope they will give us an answer soon. This is not right, almost immoral. And it DOES affect local citizens. as I've been living with my partner(a local quebecois) for almost 2 years. Now I don't see a future and this puts him into depression too. He doesn't want to go with the "common law" thing as it's too complicated and he doesn't want to be a "sponsor" due to financial concerns. Honestly I don't want to go that route either. But now the time is ticking and when the day my visitor's visa expires comes, I'll have to leave... I came to Quebec with hope and met my partner and thinking about the bright future we could have. Now I'm full of resentment and disappointment.

Sorry for my rants. I think we need to expose this to the public and let people know how their government shows no respect and don't give a ( ) to potential contributors to Quebec society and on the other hand embraces those refugees who will drain the tax payers.
Sorry to hear what has happened to you and your partner. Indeed I understand your feeling because I'm almost in the same boat. Where are you from? Can't you apply for like a Visitor Record to prolong your stay?

Tweeting is no way really going to work unless more of us speak out. I've tweeted on the same issue twice and nobody's ever replied. I've seen sb complaining about the severe delays and ended up getting a response like "call us for help", while calling NEVER helps. I feel like those customer supports have no idea what's going on with their ministère.

I know lots of us are getting mad but I think the supreme court of Quebec is going to give a final judgment on how MIDI treated PEQ applicants, probably profiling on how MIDI might have committed racial discrimination.

Now I'm planning to either apply thru CEC and move the hell out of Quebec, or through another intake of OINP, so I'm struggling with the "intention to reside out of Quebec". Bummer. Good luck man. Just keep in touch here.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
also maybe the federal minister of immigration https://twitter.com/AhmedDHussen
This is not going to work. I don't think the Federal Minister of immigration of Canada would help with Quebec immigration applicants because you know from day 1 that Quebec Immigration has merely nothing to do with Ottawa beside background check and kinds of stuff. This is a part of the Canada-Quebec Accord which was established to avoid Quebec becoming an independent country.

And it's the MIDI that's cheating immigrants, not the federal government.

Oui

Mar 27, 2018
Sorry to hear what has happened to you and your partner. Indeed I understand your feeling because I'm almost in the same boat. Where are you from? Can't you apply for like a Visitor Record to prolong your stay?

Tweeting is no way really going to work unless more of us speak out. I've tweeted on the same issue twice and nobody's ever replied. I've seen sb complaining about the severe delays and ended up getting a response like "call us for help", while calling NEVER helps. I feel like those customer supports have no idea what's going on with their ministère.

I know lots of us are getting mad but I think the supreme court of Quebec is going to give a final judgment on how MIDI treated PEQ applicants, probably profiling on how MIDI might have committed racial discrimination.

Now I'm planning to either apply thru CEC and move the hell out of Quebec, or through another intake of OINP, so I'm struggling with the "intention to reside out of Quebec". Bummer. Good luck man. Just keep in touch here.
Thanks for your understanding. I AM now currently under visitors visa. It expires this September. I'm not sure I could extend it. Btw I'm from China.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Thanks for your understanding. I AM now currently under visitors visa. It expires this September. I'm not sure I could extend it. Btw I'm from China.
Go to quebecpeq.com. Their admin has been very responsive and aspiring to temporary residents in Quebec. You're Chinese so you can absolutely comprehend their contents.

By the way, cordially I invite all PEQ applicants being affected by their actions to speak up, either on social media or to the media. If you have been in Canada for a bit, you should have integrated into the world of free social media, where twitter and facebook are not banned from viewing. Don't be afraid that they would take the revenge on you.

Voici que je lui ai "tweeté". Désolé pour mon mauvais francais.

@Heurtel Chère Monsieur, puvez-vous nous répondre positivement à notre question? Pourquoi est-ce que les applications des candidats PEQ ont été en attente? Et pourquoi est-ce que leurs scores de TEFAQ sont réduit? On a téléphoné votre bureaux mais il n'y a jamais une réponse.

Oui

Mar 27, 2018
Go to quebecpeq.com. Their admin has been very responsive and aspiring to temporary residents in Quebec. You're Chinese so you can absolutely comprehend their contents.

By the way, cordially I invite all PEQ applicants being affected by their actions to speak up, either on social media or to the media. If you have been in Canada for a bit, you should have integrated into the world of free social media, where twitter and facebook are not banned from viewing. Don't be afraid that they would take the revenge on you.

Voici que je lui ai "tweeté". Désolé pour mon mauvais francais.

@Heurtel Chère Monsieur, puvez-vous nous répondre positivement à notre question? Pourquoi est-ce que les applications des candidats PEQ ont été en attente? Et pourquoi est-ce que leurs scores de TEFAQ sont réduit? On a téléphoné votre bureaux mais il n'y a jamais une réponse.
I've been checking the site almost daily. Thanks anyway. I discovered this forum just wanted to see what's going on outside the chinese PEQ students community. Although (I feel) we chinese students are heavily targeted, we are not alone...

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
I've been checking the site almost daily. Thanks anyway. I discovered this forum just wanted to see what's going on outside the chinese PEQ students community. Although (I feel) we chinese students are heavily targeted, we are not alone...
Now the big picture is that most of the applicants being targeted and ambushed are from China, India and the Middle East, and clearly nobody actually knows what's wrong with MIDI. They are still promoting the PEQ to all workers and students in Quebec. Are they nuts?

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
By the way does anyone know recent PEQ applicants who had gotten his/her application processed regularly - within 20 days excluding postal delays?
Yes, i know couple of them.
why? no idea, they are exactly like the rest of the pending people in terms of all the qualifications.

Reactions: Oui

Oui

Mar 27, 2018
Yes, i know couple of them.
why? no idea, they are exactly like the rest of the pending people in terms of all the qualifications.
Personally I don't know anyone like that around me and my friends. But I did hear of this earlier this Feb.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
So is it to say the applicants whose life's ruined by MIDI are earlier applicants, like those lodged their application back in 2017?
like I said, there is no pattern in here, there is a PEQ-graduate applicant who got her CSQ after a quick interview and it happened right after she submitted and it was Feb.

Last edited: