+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Is your boyfriend applying through PEQ for Quebec graduates too? What proof of French proficiency did he use? How long has he been waiting since applying?
my bf applied through PEQ worker and he submitted TCF-Q, it took him less than 3 weeks to get his CSQ.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
That means CCI verified my grades and determined that they won't lower my grades (from B2 to A2 or whatever), though MIDI hasn't given me any follow up about my application.
actually, as far as i know, there are quite a lot of chinese applicants who were also informed by CCI-P saying that their grades will stay the same (B2 or above) and they are still waiting, so far, some of them have already waited up to 6 months.....

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
yesterday I called MIDI asking what's gonna happen if my work permit expires during the processing time of my CSQ, will my application still be valid (since now ppl are waiting few months) and they told me that within 20 processing time, your work permit will not expire. I said, well, on your website, it does say processing time less than 20 days however in real life, it's not the case to everyone.

then the agent told me that, if you can't prove your french level, of course we will need more time to process your file, I then replied, we provide what you ask, what do you mean by "we can't prove our french level", then the agent just said basically the same thing, like: if you have your french level, your CSQ will be issued in 20 days, if you dont have your french level, it will takes longer, bla bla bla...

i said....i have nothing to say...

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Your bf is french and he therefore received his CSQ straight away ?
well, i can't say it's becuz he is French and he received CSQ right away but we haven't heard any delay in the French PEQ community yet. two of his friends just applied for PEQ worker and got the CSQ within 20 days.

so I guess, it's hard for MIDI to refuse/ delay French ppl by saying that they don't have enough french language skill...

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
well, i can't say it's becuz he is French and he received CSQ right away but we haven't heard any delay in the French PEQ community yet. two of his friends just applied for PEQ worker and got the CSQ within 20 days.

so I guess, it's hard for MIDI to refuse/ delay French ppl by saying that they don't have enough french language skill...
lol, that's a good point, hahaha, but they may say their french is not traditional french so nees more investigation lol lol

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
but anyway, hope we are not another 2011 round application, you know, 2011 applicants waited for 6 years to get their csq...

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
but anyway, hope we are not another 2011 round application, you know, 2011 applicants waited for 6 years to get their csq...
what??? NO! tell me more about it!!! And for sure after 6 YEARS waiting, any kinds of permit will be expired.
So what did they do?
And also, you can remove your application or not during the waiting time? If not, we can't even try QSW.... like we are blocked completely

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
what??? NO! tell me more about it!!! And for sure after 6 YEARS waiting, any kinds of permit will be expired.
So what did they do?
And also, you can remove your application or not during the waiting time? If not, we can't even try QSW.... like we are blocked completely
There many like you stuck in MIDI's limbo. I was wondering why this issue is not bought to the attention of the media and advocacy groups. MIDI acts like an autocratic institution answerable to no one !!

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
There many like you stuck in MIDI's limbo. I was wondering why this issue is not bought to the attention of the media and advocacy groups. MIDI acts like an autocratic institution answerable to no one !!
I guess there are several reasons:
1. MIDI didn't block everybody which means time to time, there are ppl randomly get CSQ (with no predictable pattern )

2. as far as I know, there are some ppl did/ said/ even may or may not brought a lawsuit against MIDI and got no positive result

3. you have to admit that MIDI has the final say, now they probably got way more applicants than before (especially in the PEQ-graduate category) so that they have to/ can choose the best one and who's french is better than French? I guess nobody... and French ppl have the most similar culture background, most of them they apply through the PEQ-worker which means they have a at least regular job. So it unfortunately make sense that French applicants are not influenced by this delay. Also, I can imagine majority of the PEQ cases are french or at lease francophone applicants, so from the big picture, PEQ has not changed at all.

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
1. MIDI didn't block everybody which means time to time, there are ppl randomly get CSQ (with no predictable pattern )

2. as far as I know, there are some ppl did/ said/ even may or may not brought a lawsuit against MIDI and got no positive result

3. you have to admit that MIDI has the final say, now they probably got way more applicants than before (especially in the PEQ-graduate category) so that they have to/ can choose the best one and who's french is better than French? I guess nobody... and French ppl have the most similar culture background, most of them they apply through the PEQ-worker which means they have a at least regular job. So it unfortunately make sense that French applicants are not influenced by this delay. Also, I can imagine majority of the PEQ cases are french or at lease francophone applicants, so from the big picture, PEQ has not changed at all.
Do you know anyone who submitted TEFaQ results and got CSQ?

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Do you know anyone who submitted TEFaQ results and got CSQ?
yes, as far as I know untill today, I know several Chinese students under PEQ-graduate who got their CSQ (no need to talk about French ppl under PEQ-worker, they got no delay whatsoever and we just talk about the recent cases, bcuz all the delay started from 2017 end of June):
1. chinese, training, with interview, TEFAQ-B2, got CSQ 2 weeks after the interview/ 1 month and half after the submitting date
2. Chinese, training, no interview, TEFAQ-B2, got CSQ 3 weeks after submitting date
3. chinese, bachelor degree (studied in french), got CSQ 3 weeks after submitting date
the rest, are still pending...

has anybody used TCF-Q ? or you guys all use TEFAQ?

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018

Well if that is the case, they should state that on their website instead of claiming that it takes 3 weeks for all applicants who provide the relevant documentation. If it is clear that it may take longer for anyone who doesn't hold a Franco-passport then one would think twice before parting with $780+ dollars for the supposed 'fast track' programme.

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Well if that is the case, they should state that on their website instead of claiming that it takes 3 weeks for all applicants who provide the relevant documentation. If it is clear that it may take longer for anyone who doesn't hold a Franco-passport then one would think twice before parting with $780+ dollars for the supposed 'fast track' programme.
however, if it was that clear, it might be better but the reality is, there are, time to time, "regular" (non-francophone) applicant who get CSQ, so you can't really say that they only give CSQ to francophone. Like I said, there are ppl who are in the exact situation who got CSQ, or like the other person said, his/her friend got CSQ but not him/her.

Also, we heard that the interview are coming back...just bunch of rumors, we are not MIDI, so far, I don't see the pattern regarding issuing CSQ ... it seems to me at least, all so random...