+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study permit from Abu Dhabi SEP 2015 Intake

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
sq96 said:
@ tim420, I haven't received any updates regarding my visa, 7th week started today. But what I think is causing the delay is that many of the July applicants applied during Ramadan, So this could be one of the causes for the delay on top of being peak application period, And as well as Eid holidays. I was starting to get worried weather or not my visa would arrive in time for me to start the september semester but I doubt it will arrive. No point beating on a manner we have no control of, It's bound to arrive sooner or later. I'll be waiting till the end of this week before I transfer myself to the January semester, Best of luck to all waiting, and don't worry guys if you aren't able to start your studies in September you will most definitely start them in January :)
@sq96

The embassy was closed only for one day on Eid and yes the working hours was less during Ramadan which could be a reason plus the peak summer season when lots of people apply for visit visas as well as student visas.

Most of the universities allow students to get registered till September 15, get info from your university and tell them the situation and wait for another week. I hope we all get replies from embassy in this week.I have informed the university and they allowed me to register till September 15. Pathetic service by this visa office, at least update the current processing time on CIC website which is still 7 weeks on website.

I have already sent them a case specific enquiry which is of no use as they take 15 working days to respond.

All the best to you and others waiting for the visas.

rahulramesh8

Aug 24, 2015
Hey guys,

I applied for my student Visa at the Qatar VAC on the 28th of June. (Masters at Uni of Toronto). Tomorrow marks the 8th week of the visa processing. I submitted my medical on 16th August. The Abu Dhabi consulate (as you all know) are not replying to emails and the VAC here just told me that medical means it's in final stage of processing and might take around 10 working days to process. Then after visa approval, it might take around 7 working days for passport to return to you.

Anyone have any experience on submitting and getting the passport back? How long did it take?
PS: I'm an Indian national.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
rahulramesh8 said:
Hey guys,

I applied for my student Visa at the Qatar VAC on the 28th of June. (Masters at Uni of Toronto). Tomorrow marks the 8th week of the visa processing. I submitted my medical on 16th August. The Abu Dhabi consulate (as you all know) are not replying to emails and the VAC here just told me that medical means it's in final stage of processing and might take around 10 working days to process. Then after visa approval, it might take around 7 working days for passport to return to you.

Anyone have any experience on submitting and getting the passport back? How long did it take?
PS: I'm an Indian national.
As far as I know, the embassy takes 5 working days to stamp the visa in the passport once they receive passport.

This is my 8th week going on and there are others who have been waiting since even 9 or 10 weeks in this thread.i would suggest you to send them another case specific inquiry (which is actually useless in my view point).I hope you receive your visa soon.

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ tim420

No updates. :(
10 weeks as of today. Had sent a case specific inquiry, the only response was that they were still conducting certain background checks. Completely useless information, with no indication of how much longer I might have to wait.

Starting to lose hope now. :'( It's either this week or nothing at all.

masudali103

Aug 20, 2015
@tim I went to the embassy today, I submitted the pink paper. I was planning to leave on Aug 31st, may have to push back my plans till the 2nd week of September now. Don't worry guys, just chill. Everything will be fine InshAllah.

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
Aslaam u Alaikum brothers!
It seems, for me, the wait is over. I went to Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi today and filled in the pink form. And heres what happened:
you cant enter the embassy
you can only communicate with the security officer(s) and all they can do is provide you with the pink form
once youve filled and submitted the form to them, theyll pass them onto the personnel actually working in the embassy
here you have two options: 1. either leave and wait for the reply through phone/email
2. stay there (theres no place for sitting though, you can only stand and the the place can get very crowded. its only a corridor with elevators) and wait for the reply from the embassy personnel. the security guard will call out your name and tell you what info the embassy has revealed. the wait time can be as less as 15 minutes and can extend to an hour or more depending on the number of people there. The replies can either be (a.) your app is still under progress and you should expect an email/phone for further info so you can leave now (b.) they will request you to give them your passport so that they can place a sticker on one of its pages and give a letter alongwith it (yes, you have been granted the study permit) so its a good idea to bring your passport(s) with you in either case.

I was told that my app is still under progress that is reply (a.)

however other applicants who were there were asked for passports and upon submission they were asked to wait for a couple of hours for sticker placement. since the embassy is in a mall, you can take the elevator down and roam around or have lunch or snack at tim hortons or whatever suits you

in my case, after an hour or so when i left the embassy... on my way to sharjah i happened to check my email. to my surprise there was an email from cic which said i have a new message. i got really nervous as my friends told me that their permit acceptance is usually stated in the email and mine wasnt so most probably it was a rejection letter. when i quickly logged into my account it was a passport submission letter! Alhamdulillah!

Another tip, if you have received passport submission notification, try to take out some time and go to abu dhabi embassy instead of submitting the pp to vfs which can take upto two weeks for sticker placement. go straight to embassy with the letter and pp and get the sticker. it should only take a few hours. way better than the excruciating wait youll have to deal with even after being notified of acceptance.

Thank you all for your support and concern and replies.
special thanks to @ExCalibre97 who gave me hope in perhaps one of the toughest waits in my life. so thank you brother, Jazak Allah and dont worry. youre on track and you shall get your visa soon too in shaa Allah. If possible i might try to fill in a form for you as you are in Qatar. If you want me to do it, you can send details via email
and special thanks to @smileyuae and @blazin123 too who informed us of this procedure. May Allah shower his blessings on you both.

quick facts
applied on 1st june 2015
got pp submission letter on 24th august 2015
nationality pakistani
nearly 11.5 weeks
submitted the pink form at embassy
cic "application updated" email count - 4
cic "new message" count - 4. 3 on the day i submitted my app and 1 today of the pp submission letter.

hit me up with any new questions you might have

Lastly, all praises and thanks are due to Allah almighty alone who tested us and without Whom's decree none of this would have happened. I hope we all pass(ed) in this test from Allah SWT too. Allah is surely with those who remain patient.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
tahaanwar said:
Aslaam u Alaikum brothers!
It seems, for me, the wait is over. I went to Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi today and filled in the pink form. And heres what happened:
you cant enter the embassy
you can only communicate with the security officer(s) and all they can do is provide you with the pink form
once youve filled and submitted the form to them, theyll pass them onto the personnel actually working in the embassy
here you have two options: 1. either leave and wait for the reply through phone/email
2. stay there (theres no place for sitting though, you can only stand and the the place can get very crowded. its only a corridor with elevators) and wait for the reply from the embassy personnel. the security guard will call out your name and tell you what info the embassy has revealed. the wait time can be as less as 15 minutes and can extend to an hour or more depending on the number of people there. The replies can either be (a.) your app is still under progress and you should expect an email/phone for further info so you can leave now (b.) they will request you to give them your passport so that they can place a sticker on one of its pages and give a letter alongwith it (yes, you have been granted the study permit) so its a good idea to bring your passport(s) with you in either case.

I was told that my app is still under progress that is reply (a.)

however other applicants who were there were asked for passports and upon submission they were asked to wait for a couple of hours for sticker placement. since the embassy is in a mall, you can take the elevator down and roam around or have lunch or snack at tim hortons or whatever suits you

in my case, after an hour or so when i left the embassy... on my way to sharjah i happened to check my email. to my surprise there was an email from cic which said i have a new message. i got really nervous as my friends told me that their permit acceptance is usually stated in the email and mine wasnt so most probably it was a rejection letter. when i quickly logged into my account it was a passport submission letter! Alhamdulillah!

Another tip, if you have received passport submission notification, try to take out some time and go to abu dhabi embassy instead of submitting the pp to vfs which can take upto two weeks for sticker placement. go straight to embassy with the letter and pp and get the sticker. it should only take a few hours. way better than the excruciating wait youll have to deal with even after being notified of acceptance.

Thank you all for your support and concern and replies.
special thanks to @ ExCalibre97 who gave me hope in perhaps one of the toughest waits in my life. so thank you brother, Jazak Allah and dont worry. youre on track and you shall get your visa soon too in shaa Allah. If possible i might try to fill in a form for you as you are in Qatar. If you want me to do it, you can send details via email
and special thanks to @ smileyuae and @ blazin123 too who informed us of this procedure. May Allah shower his blessings on you both.

quick facts
applied on 1st june 2015
got pp submission letter on 24th august 2015
nationality pakistani
nearly 11.5 weeks
submitted the pink form at embassy
cic "application updated" email count - 4
cic "new message" count - 4. 3 on the day i submitted my app and 1 today of the pp submission letter.

hit me up with any new questions you might have

Lastly, all praises and thanks are due to Allah almighty alone who tested us and without Whom's decree none of this would have happened. I hope we all pass(ed) in this test from Allah SWT too. Allah is surely with those who remain patient.
@ tahaanwar many congratulations and all the best. Thank you for the tips. 11.5 weeks is pretty long time, in my case its 8th week going on. I will wait this week and visit the embassy next Monday IA

@ masudali all the very best and I hope you receive good news soon

@ ExCalibre its frustrating :( I would suggest you to personally visit embassy this Thursday or next Monday and bring your passport with you as suggested by tahaanwar. I have a new job and can´t take off but I will try to visit the embassy next Monday. I am really stressed.

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
sorry @tim420 i forgot to mention your name too. you were the one who told us about canada in uae's fb response..and replied to my questions. thank you to you too! thank you for the kind words too :)

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
another tip guys...
although the embassies times are stated from 9.30 to 11...you can actually stay there till 12 and wait! or maybe even submit the pink slip however im not sure about the submission but you can most definitely wait.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
tahaanwar said:
sorry @ tim420 i forgot to mention your name too. you were the one who told us about canada in uae's fb response..and replied to my questions. thank you to you too! thank you for the kind words too :)
@tahaanwar

pleasure is all mine :) please check your inbox

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
masudali103 said:
@ tim I went to the embassy today, I submitted the pink paper. I was planning to leave on Aug 31st, may have to push back my plans till the 2nd week of September now. Don't worry guys, just chill. Everything will be fine InshAllah.
yes everything will be fine insha Allah. the universities normally allow late registration , for example in my case I can register till September 15th.

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ tahaanwar, blazin123, tim420, smileyuae

Wonderful news guys! I got my PP request an hour ago. I already submitted my PP at VFS Qatar and sent a letter asking to expedite the process by a couple of days.

I just want to thank you all for being the best online community ever. Your endless support and advice is a gift in itself. I can not thank you enough, so once we all make it to Canada I will treat you at Tim Horton's. :p ;)

Special thanks to @ tahaanwar for writing some of the most encouraging words on the internet earlier today. They helped me regain my hope, and within an hour or so I had recieved my PP request.

Also want to give some recognition to @ tim420 for his support. But especially to @ blazin123 for being a brotherly figure.

I wish you guys the best in your future endeavors. I'll keep you posted till I get my visa stamped.

For everyone else out there, don't lose hope. Even if you are rejected, apply with an even stronger case and use the assistance of this forum to its full potential. I wish you luck.

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
ExCalibre97 said:
@ tahaanwar, blazin123, tim420, smileyuae

Wonderful news guys! I got my PP request an hour ago. I already submitted my PP at VFS Qatar and sent a letter asking to expedite the process by a couple of days.

I just want to thank you all for being the best online community ever. Your endless support and advice is a gift in itself. I can not thank you enough, so once we all make it to Canada I will treat you at Tim Horton's. :p ;)

Special thanks to @ tahaanwar for writing some of the most encouraging words on the internet earlier today. They helped me regain my hope, and within an hour or so I had recieved my PP request.

Also want to give some recognition to @ tim420 for his support. But especially to @ blazin123 for being a brotherly figure.

I wish you guys the best in your future endeavors. I'll keep you posted till I get my visa stamped.

For everyone else out there, don't lose hope. Even if you are rejected, apply with an even stronger case and use the assistance of this forum to its full potential. I wish you luck.
as i said earlier...Allah is always with the patient ones! Indeed for me and many of you, it was a test of our belief and how much we put our faith in Allah's plannings. Nevertheless, Ma shaa Allah! congrats brother! I am so happy for you!