+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study permit from Abu Dhabi SEP 2015 Intake

Hope999

Aug 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply, I got my passport request on 24/08/2015. I applied on 6/6/2015 so it took about 12 weeks. In the message it says that we need your passport to continue processing your application. but my account states that the final decision is not reached yet.

I hope that the passport request means that I got the approval. Good luck for the people who are still waiting. I believe everyone will get the visa, it is just a matter of time. Inshallah you will catch the semester on time. Best of luck everyone.

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
@tim420

I am aswell starting to get very stressed out but there is nothing we can do about it, I will visit the Embassy this coming Sunday, Will wait till then to see if I am fortunate enough to get an update

@Hope999

Wow, 12 weeks is quite a long time to wait, But I honestly do now see any other reason for them to ask you for your passport. It most likely means that they need the passport to stamp it with the Visa and so on, Keep us updated on how long it took to return your passport back to you.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
sq96 said:
@ tim420

I am aswell starting to get very stressed out but there is nothing we can do about it, I will visit the Embassy this coming Sunday, Will wait till then to see if I am fortunate enough to get an update

@ Hope999

Wow, 12 weeks is quite a long time to wait, But I honestly do now see any other reason for them to ask you for your passport. It most likely means that they need the passport to stamp it with the Visa and so on, Keep us updated on how long it took to return your passport back to you.
Yes, we can't do anything but to wait. 12 weeks is hell of time, my 8 weeks will be completed tomorrow.

Once you receive passport request letter, do not submit pastry to VAC, instead directly go to the embassy with your passport and passport request letter, they will paste visa in your passport within few hours. This suggestion was given some members in this forum and they have done that. We are already late so we can't afford to wait to send passport via VAC and wait for another 5-6 days. I hope we all hear some good news soon.

rahulramesh8

Aug 24, 2015
Hope999 said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply, I got my passport request on 24/08/2015. I applied on 6/6/2015 so it took about 12 weeks. In the message it says that we need your passport to continue processing your application. but my account states that the final decision is not reached yet.

I hope that the passport request means that I got the approval. Good luck for the people who are still waiting. I believe everyone will get the visa, it is just a matter of time. Inshallah you will catch the semester on time. Best of luck everyone.
@Hope999 - When did you get your medical request? Just want to see how long it takes between submitting the medical and getting the passport request. Also, I am entering my 9th week (2 weeks since I submitted medical) and still no news from them.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Hope999 said:
Hi everyone,

Many congratulations Hope999. Getting passport request means your visa is approved. Good luck

Beckyem

Aug 16, 2015
Hi guys. I need a quickie on this. Is it advisable to leave the room and board fees blank on the visa application page when you are planning to stay off campus and i hope it wont constitute to visa refusal? I believe the 10,000 living expenses mentioned covers the housing fee and other things. Can i leave it blank since whole amount is gonna be shown on the statement of account. Thank you

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
@Beckyem

I am not sure but I do not think it should be an Issue, Many international students don't stay in dorms etc. As long as you have all the proper funds it should be alright

@Tim420

Are you planning on visiting the embassy mate? Let me know how it goes if you do.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
sq96 said:
@ Beckyem

I am not sure but I do not think it should be an Issue, Many international students don't stay in dorms etc. As long as you have all the proper funds it should be alright

@ Tim420

Are you planning on visiting the embassy mate? Let me know how it goes if you do.
@sq96

I m not sure buddy as I have recently started a new job and it seems difficult to get a day off. I will wait till next week and visit the embassy next Monday (not the coming one). It seems that the embassy taking 10-11 weeks time but at the same time, they are aware that our classes gonna start from September so I guess, they would expedite the processing in coming days. This situation is nerve wrecking. Once we get the passport request letter, we will directly go to the embassy the next day and get the visa stamp on the same day.

all the best.

Hope999

Aug 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

Finally I got my passport Back Today with the visa stamped :D, Elhamdllah.

@ sq96

In my 8th week, I was asked for more documents (masters degree), since I am applying for PhD and my admission letter was conditioned on the completion of my masters . However, I met one guy today who applied on the same day as me and he also got his passport today.

@ rahulramesh8

I didnt get any medical request since I am a residence of UAE.

I received the passport request on 24/08/2015 I was in a holiday in my country. I immediately booked a flight on the same night, and I went directly from the airport to the embassy. It was Tuesday and I reached the embassy at 1 pm. The security people told me: it is closed and I have to come before 11 am. Anyways, I went to the office in El-mina street and I submitted my passport there, they said it might take to up 5 working days.

Today, I went again to the embassy, it was also closed. So I went to El-mina office and I told them that I am running out of time. they were very understanding and they said: OK, wait till the end of the day and we will try to help you. I went to their office at 9:30 and I got my passport at 3 pm.

Thank you everyone for the nice words, I hope you all get your visas soon. Try to visit Abu Dhabi visa office and ask them about your status.

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
My passport got dispatched today on 27/August, which was only 3 days after submission. Sadly, the weekend has now arrived, which means I will have to wait till Sunday to get my PP. If you're wondering how I got mine before the 5 day mark, it's simple; I just sent a letter outlining the dates I needed to travel on and the reasons for it.
Now, I don't guarantee sending a letter with the PP will always work. However, if you're already short on time then doing so will be worth the effort. Obviously, the best thing is (as mentioned by a lot of people) to go to the AD Embassy in person. However, if you're residing in another city or country (Qatar in my case), then this is a worthwhile effort.

My only question at this point is: When and how do I receive the approval letter, which allows me to travel? Is it via email or MyCIC account? Any help is greatly appreciated.

It also seems like many people are starting to reach the endpoint of their looong and painful waits. Nevertheless, if you're still waiting, don't lose hope. I wish you all the best of luck.

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@excalibre... you will recieve that letter in your email. In my case, when the visa was stamped, i received it on the same day via email however i recieved my passport 4 days later.

They included the letter in the passport envelope as well. Just hope you get the letter because without, the visa is just a piece of paper on your passport.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
blazin123 said:
@ excalibre... you will recieve that letter in your email. In my case, when the visa was stamped, i received it on the same day via email however i recieved my passport 4 days later.

They included the letter in the passport envelope as well. Just hope you get the letter because without, the visa is just a piece of paper on your passport.
@ hope, ExCalibre, blazin, tahaanwar

all the best guys, give your best and have safe flights.

plz pray for me and sq96 :)

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ blazin123

I recieved the letter on Friday on MyCIC account. I found out through an email I got which said there was a new message.
Now, hoping to get PP either on Sunday or Monday, because PP was dispatched from AD on Thursday.

@ tim420

Thanks, man. I'm certain you'll get the visa soon. Things have finally started to move along.

rahulramesh8

Aug 24, 2015
@TahaAnwar

I am a resident of Qatar and applied from the VAC here. However, I am considering making a trip to Abu Dhabi and standing in line to get my passport stamped on the same day. How sure are you that this practice is actually being followed?

I mean, I dont want to go all the way there to be told that I have to wait a few more days. I look forward to your response!