+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study permit from Abu Dhabi SEP 2015 Intake

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
Hey !

Anybody applied from Abu Dhabi Visa office please share your timeline.
For me it has been 7 weeks and no response as of yet.

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
Same here . . . I have applied in Dubai, but the applications are being processed in ABU DHABI as you may know.
I applied on 26th of May and my CIC account shows this message:
"Your processed application has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office , ABU DHABI, on 05/07/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre."

I have no idea what this means,but hopping to get the approval next week, otherwise I will have to call them and ask for clarification.

~cheers

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@bzafar... can you tell me your exact timeline. it has been 7 weeks and i am afraid because i have to give notice period of 1 month !!!!

@bonapart... you applied via VFS? if yes, can you track your application on CIC website?

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
Yes, I have applied via VFS and while tracking my application it gives me the same message.Today Received the answer to my inquiry and "Canada visa help desk" says my envelop is ready to be collected.

They can't open the evelop and I have to collect it personally or via a representative, there only I can know whats the status of my application.

still hoping to get the good news. . .

~cheers

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
Hello there!

I too have applied for a Canadian Study Permit for Fall 2015. But my application has been submitted in Qatar, before being forwarded to Abu Dhabi for processing.
It's going to be 6 weeks since the day of submission tomorrow. I have not received any updates so far except for the initial message saying that my application has been forwarded to VAC Abu Dhabi.
Hoping to get the medical call in one week's time, since the time given on the website is 7 weeks.

How long has it taken for the rest of you to receive your medical calls? Starting to worry slightly since the dates are fast approaching for classes to start.

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
Hey guys!,

unfortunately I got my refusal letter on 5th July . the reason are:
1. insufficient funds to support tuition fee and living costs without working in canada.
2. you have not convinced me that you will return back home after completion of studies, the factor i considered is :
I: personal assets & financial status.

I have deposited some more money to support my tuition fee and living costs from sept 2015 - aug 2017.
I have gathered my parent's property documents and will attach that too. meanwhile I got a letter from my current employer assuring me of my current position once I complete my studies and return back to my home country. And written a statement of purpose explaining my future goals and the essence of doing MBA for my further career .

This should be enough to solve my first refusal issue and convince the immigration officer that I would return back once my course is complete.

any suggestion or ideas would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
bonapart said:
Hey guys!,

unfortunately I got my refusal letter on 5th July . the reason are:
1. insufficient funds to support tuition fee and living costs without working in canada.
2. you have not convinced me that you will return back home after completion of studies, the factor i considered is :
I: personal assets & financial status.

I have deposited some more money to support my tuition fee and living costs from sept 2015 - aug 2017.
I have gathered my parent's property documents and will attach that too. meanwhile I got a letter from my current employer assuring me of my current position once I complete my studies and return back to my home country. And written a statement of purpose explaining my future goals and the essence of doing MBA for my further career .

This should be enough to solve my first refusal issue and convince the immigration officer that I would return back once my course is complete.

any suggestion or ideas would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
what's your course fee and how much did u show in your account?

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
MBA, 16 months, tuition fee 37,000 CAD
Total funds 62,000 CAD.
Out of which I paid 10,000 CAD as first payment to university.

bzafar

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
blazin123 said:
@ bzafar... can you tell me your exact timeline. it has been 7 weeks and i am afraid because i have to give notice period of 1 month !!!!

@ bonapart... you applied via VFS? if yes, can you track your application on CIC website?
sorry for the late reply bro

I applied on 23 Feb and received passport request on 27 April so that was exactly 9 weeks.

have u got any update yet on ur visa?

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@bzafar

I have not got any update. Now its my 9th week and still i am waiting. i am hoping my visa will be here soon because i have a job here and it requires 1 month notice period.

@bonapart

Sorry to hear that bro. how much time they took to send you the refusal letter?

bzafar

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
blazin123 said:
@ bzafar

I have not got any update. Now its my 9th week and still i am waiting. i am hoping my visa will be here soon because i have a job here and it requires 1 month notice period.
hopefully some good news this week....keep us updated

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
Well, I just received my Medical Call today! Exactly 6 weeks after VAC Abu Dhabi received my application, which was on the 15th of June, 2015.
Already booked my appointment three days from now.

Anyone got any idea on how long after the medical do they reach a decision? Also, does receiving a Medical Call mean that I have a good chance of getting the visa now?

I wish the rest of you luck with your visa application processes. May the visa officer be ever in your favor! ;D

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@Excalibre : Thats actually pretty good news. Hope that you get your visa ! Btw where are you going and whats your nationality?

For me, timelines are getting tighter and tighter ! I hope i get the PP request soon.