18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
ExCalibre97 said:
Well, I just received my Medical Call today! Exactly 6 weeks after VAC Abu Dhabi received my application, which was on the 15th of June, 2015.
Already booked my appointment three days from now.

Anyone got any idea on how long after the medical do they reach a decision? Also, does receiving a Medical Call mean that I have a good chance of getting the visa now?

I wish the rest of you luck with your visa application processes. May the visa officer be ever in your favor! ;D

I am wondering why you were required for medical as UAE is exempted for med exam.

Btw, I got mine in 10wks and flying next week to Canada.

Goodluck to all!

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@tipsy

How much time it took to get the visa stamped and can you let me know the day ( not the date) when you got your passport request.

@tipsy and @bzafar,

You guys know how much late can we reach to our unis????

And which airlines you guys chose and average price????

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ blazin123

Thanks, man! :) I'm going to the University of Calgary (Calgary, Alberta) and I am a Pakistani national.
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll receive some good news soon. Don't lose hope!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where are you planning to study?

@ tipsy

Thanks for your reply. 10 weeks is pretty long, I just hope I get mine approved. (Even if it takes 10 weeks!)

Oh and I applied from Qatar, because I'm a resident here. Hence the need for the Medical exam. However, my application is reviewed at the VAC in Abu Dhabi, so I thought I'd join this thread since it was the next best thing. :p

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
Guys, did you apply online or did you hand in your application to the Abu Dhabi office?

I have applied on May 28 through mycic website, and still have not received any single response!!!

I have tried emailing them but also no response since 3 weeks.. There is nobody that I can contact, it is very frustrating that there is nobody to talk to..

It is supposed to take 7 weeks as per MYCIC website, but now it is exactly 12 weeks since I've applied!

bzafar

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
blazin123 said:
@ tipsy

How much time it took to get the visa stamped and can you let me know the day ( not the date) when you got your passport request.

@ tipsy and @ bzafar,

You guys know how much late can we reach to our unis????

And which airlines you guys chose and average price????
It depends on the universities how late they can accept....I m sure it wont be more than a week late than start of semester because if you miss a lot then there is no point...you wld rather defer the semester

I am flying through Emirates....its quite expensive 1 way....approx. 4500 to 5k

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@excaliber,

I am planning for Dalhousie university. I have to reach there by 2nd Sep to attend the Orientation week but i dont know if i will be able to do that !

@bzafar,

i am looking for Air Canada and Lufthansa airlines... Emirates and Eithad are pretty pretty expensive... all of them are around 5k.
But lufthansa offers in seat chargers for mobiles and laptops :D :D :D

bzafar

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
smileyuae said:
Guys,

Please answer if you applied online or with physical documents..
I applied paper based in Abu Dhabi....now there is a VFS office in Dubai too wasn't opened when I had applied so had to go all the way

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ blazin123

Hey!

Any updates so far? I checked MyCIC account and the medical results are passed. So thank God for that!
Anybody got any idea on how much longer it can take after that? Like what is it that they are processing now? Background checks or what?

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
Hey guys. I applied on the 17th of July and did my biometrics on the 20th at the Dubai VFS center at Wafi. I'm a recent graduate from AUD and now decided to take a degree in philosophy at Concordia, Montreal, which I have been interested in for a while. Any thoughts on what to expect? I applied online through the MyCIC website, and no updates at all.

Also been to Canada three times before and had two visit visas approved.

Some input would be nice!

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
ao92 said:
Hey guys. I applied on the 17th of July and did my biometrics on the 20th at the Dubai VFS center at Wafi. I'm a recent graduate from AUD and now decided to take a degree in philosophy at Concordia, Montreal, which I have been interested in for a while. Any thoughts on what to expect? I applied online through the MyCIC website, and no updates at all.

Also been to Canada three times before and had two visit visas approved.

Some input would be nice!
It seems like applying online is the biggest mistake!! Unbelievable!! Its been almost 12 weeks since I've applied online and I haven't gotten a single response!! And there is nobody in Abu Dhabi or Dubai who is willing to help since they don't know who processes the online applications (or so they say) they just say that you have to wait.

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
smileyuae said:
It seems like applying online is the biggest mistake!! Unbelievable!! Its been almost 12 weeks since I've applied online and I haven't gotten a single response!! And there is nobody in Abu Dhabi or Dubai who is willing to help since they don't know who processes the online applications (or so they say) they just say that you have to wait.
That does not sound good... and strange too, since the last 2 times I applied online for my visit visa I got an approval within 5 days.

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
ao92 said:
That does not sound good... and strange too, since the last 2 times I applied online for my visit visa I got an approval within 5 days.
Is there any special contact number or email on the approval email for your visit visa?