+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study permit from Abu Dhabi SEP 2015 Intake

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
ExCalibre97 said:
@ tahaanwar, blazin123, tim420, smileyuae

Wonderful news guys! I got my PP request an hour ago. I already submitted my PP at VFS Qatar and sent a letter asking to expedite the process by a couple of days.

I just want to thank you all for being the best online community ever. Your endless support and advice is a gift in itself. I can not thank you enough, so once we all make it to Canada I will treat you at Tim Horton's. :p ;)

Special thanks to @ tahaanwar for writing some of the most encouraging words on the internet earlier today. They helped me regain my hope, and within an hour or so I had recieved my PP request.

Also want to give some recognition to @ tim420 for his support. But especially to @ blazin123 for being a brotherly figure.

I wish you guys the best in your future endeavors. I'll keep you posted till I get my visa stamped.

For everyone else out there, don't lose hope. Even if you are rejected, apply with an even stronger case and use the assistance of this forum to its full potential. I wish you luck.
@ ExCalibre

thats great, many congratulations. some recognition to me :eek: :eek:. anyways thanks for recognition and wishes. I joined this thread bit late.

Love to have french vanilla and cheese bagel from tim hortons ;D ;D(although I ate alot during my visit to Toronto last year)

all the best for future plans :). which univ you are going to?

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
@tahaanwar

Nice to hear to good news, May you have a safe journey!, I wanted to ask weather you had applied online or via paper through VFS office in dubai, I am considering going down to the embassy to fill in the pink slip, Any suggestions what I should do? Thanks!

(Applied via VFS on the 7th of july via Paper application btw)

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
sq96 said:
@ tahaanwar

Nice to hear to good news, May you have a safe journey!, I wanted to ask weather you had applied online or via paper through VFS office in dubai, I am considering going down to the embassy to fill in the pink slip, Any suggestions what I should do? Thanks!

(Applied via VFS on the 7th of july via Paper application btw)
@sq96

Tahaanwar applied online.

I am in same situation as you, I applied paper based through VFS in Dubai on July 2. I would suggest you to wait this week as it is your 7th week going on and visit Embassy next Sunday.I know one get frustrated after listening the horrified stories of ppl getting replies after 10 or 11 weeks.Have patience and I hope we all go through it sucessfully IA.

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
Congrats guys, all the best for your trip. Really happy for you.

I'm starting to worry now. There's a lot of talk on the SOP (Statement of Purpose), and I don't recall seeing that on my application, there was no document asking me to explain what I plan to do.

The thing is I graduated 2 months ago from the American University in Dubai with a communications degree, and now going for a Philosophy degree at University of Concordia in Montreal, as that is something I always wanted to do, and from reading the forums I'm getting worried about whether they'll hand me the visa... any opinions guys? :'(

P.S. I have two previous visit visas to Canada and two Shengen visas. Visited Canada three times and never overstayed, hope that helps...

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
ao92 said:
Congrats guys, all the best for your trip. Really happy for you.

I'm starting to worry now. There's a lot of talk on the SOP (Statement of Purpose), and I don't recall seeing that on my application, there was no document asking me to explain what I plan to do.

The thing is I graduated 2 months ago from the American University in Dubai with a communications degree, and now going for a Philosophy degree at University of Concordia in Montreal, as that is something I always wanted to do, and from reading the forums I'm getting worried about whether they'll hand me the visa... any opinions guys? :'(

P.S. I have two previous visit visas to Canada and two Shengen visas. Visited Canada three times and never overstayed, hope that helps...

you will get it IA. SOP is important though but you will make it. have you submitted a study plan? mentioned in the checklist of documents.

I am also worried for myself and others on this forum :(

I also have a previous visit to Canada (last year) and completed MSc from Germnay. I hope we all hear good news very soon.

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
That wasn't on my checklist either :S

This was what they asked me to upload (applied online through MyCIC):

-Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)

-Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ) (required)

-Family Information (IMM5645) (required)

-Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

-Passport or travel document (required)

-Digital Photo (required)

-Letter of Acceptance (required)

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
ao92 said:
That wasn't on my checklist either :S

This was what they asked me to upload (applied online through MyCIC):

-Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)

-Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ) (required)

-Family Information (IMM5645) (required)

-Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

-Passport or travel document (required)

-Digital Photo (required)

-Letter of Acceptance (required)
@ao92

have faith, you will get through, IA

I m not sure about online submission of docs but in paper based applications, one can submit as much docs as possible. have you submitted research plan (1 to 2 page document)?

Like you, I also have a visit to Canada last year and I have completed MS from Germany. I guess, the Canadian embassies are the most strick ones in issuing the study visas. I never faced such difficulties when I was applying study visa for Germany.

good luck and have patience.

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
tim420 said:
@ ao92

have faith, you will get through, IA

I m not sure about online submission of docs but in paper based applications, one can submit as much docs as possible. have you submitted research plan (1 to 2 page document)?

Like you, I also have a visit to Canada last year and I have completed MS from Germany. I guess, the Canadian embassies are the most strick ones in issuing the study visas. I never faced such difficulties when I was applying study visa for Germany.

good luck and have patience.
I hope so bro... and good luck to you too.

Wasn't asked to submit that either. Maybe it's due to the fact that my degree is not a master's degree? Or perhaps the letter of acceptance from Concordia has enough information on it? It's the closest thing to a plan that I can think of in my documents, as it had pages of details on what happens next.

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@tim420

Thanks for your well wishes. And yes, you should be recognized for your support and helpful comments that make this wait a lot easier.

As for me, I am going to be attending the University of Calgary in Alberta. For a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering IsA.

P.S. Good selection of items from Tim Horton's. ;D

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@all,

I started this thread off as a scream for help... I was confused as to what to do...

Now that I see this thread in the top 10 every time I login, I realize that this thread has been helpful to a lot of people.

Special thanks to excaliber, smileyuae, thanveer and tim420 that kept this thread active, alive and lively and shared their experience which has practically helped us all !

I really wish to meet you guys sometime. you guys have been supportive and encouraging !

rahulramesh8

Aug 24, 2015
I think what's happening is that they are approving most visas towards the beginning of September as they know that this is usually when classes begin. Let us hope that those of us who applied towards the end of June/start of July will hear back in the next week.

The only problem for Qatar applicants is that it will take another week for the visa to be stamped. Let us hope we can make it in time.

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
Got my PP stamped today Alhamdullilah.

I wont be quoting my timeline here cause it is just too depressing...

Just a helpful advise. Keep a margin of 1 month from the quoted 7 weeks...

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
blazin123 said:
Got my PP stamped today Alhamdullilah.

I wont be quoting my timeline here cause it is just too depressing...

Just a helpful advise. Keep a margin of 1 month from the quoted 7 weeks...
@blazin123.

Congrats once again :) when you'll be leaving?

This is my 8th week going on and I can register in the uni till 15 September at maximum :(. Pathetic visa office

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
@Tim, Yeah it's pretty pathetic, But what can we do :/ , The deadline for me is the 11th of september as I need to complete a few assessment tests before they put me in my designated level of the course.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
sq96 said:
@ Tim, Yeah it's pretty pathetic, But what can we do :/ , The deadline for me is the 11th of september as I need to complete a few assessment tests before they put me in my designated level of the course.
@sq96

I am stressed out, they should let us know what's going on. I would advise you to contact your university and let them know about the situation and delays from the embassy and request them to allow you to register till 15 to 20 September. All the best and have patience