+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study permit from Abu Dhabi SEP 2015 Intake

masudali103

Aug 20, 2015
Hey guys, newbie here. I applied on June 11th from VFS Dubai at Wafi Mall. I'm a Pakistani resident of the UAE so didn't need to get medical done. Today (Thursday) marks the end of my 11th week. I was planning to go to the embassy on Monday. Quick question: Can people who have applied by paper in Dubai VFS go to the embassy and fill up the pink paper or is that only for people who have applied online or from other middle eastern countries? Best of luck to everyone

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
blazin123 said:
@ thanveer...
Thanks , but m still waiting for my passport to be returned. And still not got the infamous approval mail. They just collected the pp.

@ all those whose 8 weeks have passed...
I suggest you guys go to the embassy and submit the pink paper. Make sure you mention urgent on top.
And those with paper submissions via vfs, please go to vfs and state your situation clearly. They will definetly help you in you endeavour.
Make sure you start putting case specific enquires from 7 weeks and mention the pp number , name and dob as an identifier.
@blazin123
Thanks for the suggestions. Today is the completion of my 7th week (paper based via VAC) and I m going to send case specific inquiry. All the very best to you.

Best of luck guys, we'll make it insha Allah.please update the house as soon as you receive some news.

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
masudali103 said:
Hey guys, newbie here. I applied on June 11th from VFS Dubai at Wafi Mall. I'm a Pakistani resident of the UAE so didn't need to get medical done. Today (Thursday) marks the end of my 11th week. I was planning to go to the embassy on Monday. Quick question: Can people who have applied by paper in Dubai VFS go to the embassy and fill up the pink paper or is that only for people who have applied online or from other middle eastern countries? Best of luck to everyone
hey!
if anyone has applied on paper via VFS (which you have), then you can contact VFS directly using this email - (info.canauh @ vfshelpline.com)
be sure to mention your application number which is stated in your "app updated emails" and your name and date of birth and extra info such as phone number

those who applied online should contact the embassy and as suggested by blazin123 should go to embassy and fill in a form

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
masudali103 said:
@masudali103
It's been 11 weeks since you've applied, I guess you should go to the embassy yourself and fill in the pink paper as blazin123 suggested in the previous post.i don't think that VFS would help you , they will suggest you to send a case specific inquiry via email to the embassy.

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
masudali103 said:
So will they hear me out at the embassy even if I've applied through paper at VFS Dubai?
i cant say for sure...but they should...since both types of applications are processed at the embassy

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ tahaanwar

Thanks for the kind words. As for your question, I have recieved 2 such emails regarding updates in my inbox. I see you've recieved 4. I hope there's no correlation between these emails and getting your visa, because otherwise I'm surely doomed. For you see, I have already started to run a little late, and am surely going to miss orientation. I just hope and pray to God that we all make it before classes begin.

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
ExCalibre97 said:
@ tahaanwar

Thanks for the kind words. As for your question, I have recieved 2 such emails regarding updates in my inbox. I see you've recieved 4. I hope there's no correlation between these emails and getting your visa, because otherwise I'm surely doomed. For you see, I have already started to run a little late, and am surely going to miss orientation. I just hope and pray to God that we all make it before classes begin.
I hope so too brother. May God have mercy on us all! My orientation is on 8th september so I can wait for a couple of more days since getting the visa stamped takes a while too :(

masudali103

Aug 20, 2015
tahaanwar said:
i cant say for sure...but they should...since both types of applications are processed at the embassy
I'll give it a try at the embassy. Thanks guys for your help. Hope we all make it in time

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
@ to everyone who was following my situation. Just want to inform you that I collected my pp from dubai vac with the visa stamped inside!

Time to pack my bags and leave Friday night!

My only suggestion is to go and visit the embassy and fill up the inquiry form. Good luck guys (sorry but I'm still very stressed out!)

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Guys someone posted an inquiry on the facebook page of the Canadian Embassy, Abu Dhabi (Canada in UAE on facebook) regarding the delay in processing of study permit applications and here is the reply from them.

Canada in the UAE: Thank you for bringing these cases to our attention. This is the high season and we are experiencing high volumes of applications. Rest assured that we will do the utmost to process all of them in a timely manner. If you have specific questions please write to abdbiimmigration@international.gc.ca

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
tim420 said:
Guys someone posted an inquiry on the facebook page of the Canadian Embassy, Abu Dhabi (Canada in UAE on facebook) regarding the delay in processing of study permit applications and here is the reply from them.

Canada in the UAE: Thank you for bringing these cases to our attention. This is the high season and we are experiencing high volumes of applications. Rest assured that we will do the utmost to process all of them in a timely manner. If you have specific questions please write to abdbiimmigration @ international.gc.ca
thanks for the headsup tim! :)

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
tahaanwar said:
thanks for the headsup tim! :)
my pleasure tahaanwar ;D ;D ;

Today was the completion of 7 weeks time in my case and I m literally stressed out after hearing that ppl getting responses from embassy after 10 or 11 weeks.

may Allah be with us IA.

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
@tim420: I am in the same situation as you, Had plans to be in canada by the end of this month but doubt it'll happen unless by some luck I get my Visa approval this week or so, Also How did you apply for ur study permit was it online or via VFS? Thanks!

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
sq96 said:
@ tim420: I am in the same situation as you, Had plans to be in canada by the end of this month but doubt it'll happen unless by some luck I get my Visa approval this week or so, Also How did you apply for ur study permit was it online or via VFS? Thanks!
@sq96

Buddy, I applied on July 02 via VFS Dubai (paper based application). I have applied for phd and my research supervisor have asked me twice in this week regarding my plans of registration.I will send a case specific inquiry on Sunday.

Best of luck to you and others waiting for visa.