+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study permit from Abu Dhabi SEP 2015 Intake

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Hey guys, Applied for my study permit on 7th of July via VFS @ Wafi, Still haven't gotten any updates whatsoever. VFS Tracking website still says the same thing "Application is being processed", Initial plan was to be in Toronto by the end of this month as classes start on the 1st week of September, But that's starting to seem more and more unlikely. If you guys have any contact no. I can reach to get a current situation of my application would be nice, Thank you :)

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
sq96 said:
Hey guys, Applied for my study permit on 7th of July via VFS @ Wafi, Still haven't gotten any updates whatsoever. VFS Tracking website still says the same thing "Application is being processed", Initial plan was to be in Toronto by the end of this month as classes start on the 1st week of September, But that's starting to seem more and more unlikely. If you guys have any contact no. I can reach to get a current situation of my application would be nice, Thank you :)
You've applied a bit late. I believe you are in your 6th week of waiting? If you are lucky your application will be decided on in one more week. But like most of us here, we applied in May/June and just got our replies now.

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
blazin123 said:
@ smiley, have they given you a tentative date for Passport return?
It says my application has been processed from AD office, and is on the way to Dubai VAC...

If I get my passport today (Thursday) then thankfully everything would have worked out. If it doesn't come then I have to cancel my flight and book another ticket as etihad and emirates are sold out.

What about you?

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
INSHALLAH you ll get it.
For me they are going to take 5 days and submitted my pp 2 days back.

Keep us posted. Hoping to hear good news soon.

Bte did you get any email saying the visa is approved and pp is dispatched ?

Hope999

Aug 20, 2015
Salam everyone,

I have applied on the 6th of June, and I was asked to submit extra documents after 8 weeks. However, I did submit the required documents, but I did not hear from them since then. This week I completed 11 weeks. I have also received an email last week saying that my status has been updated, I logged in, but there was no update. I heard from friends that this is a good sign, and you will receive the decision within 2 or 3 days after this email. However, Its been a week now and I didn't hear form them. Do you usually receive such an email before receiving the final decision?? and If so, how much time does it take after this email to receive the final decision.

Best of Luck everyone, Hope all you get the visa on time (fingers crossed).

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
Nothing so far, guys. Been 15 days since Medicals got passed. 10th week running since the day I applied.
No more time left to wait.
Looks like its over before a decision is even made. And the only reply I have recieved to my enquiry is that they are still conducting background checks. Complete and utter BS!

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
ExCalibre97 said:
Nothing so far, guys. Been 15 days since Medicals got passed. 10th week running since the day I applied.
No more time left to wait.
Looks like its over before a decision is even made. And the only reply I have recieved to my enquiry is that they are still conducting background checks. Complete and utter BS!
That's strange, although the CIC website says the processing time is 7 weeks. 7 weeks completed today in my case, let's see. I am worried now after coming to know about your situation. Hope for the best.

Best of luck to you and others waiting for the visa.

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
blazin123 said:
INSHALLAH you ll get it.
For me they are going to take 5 days and submitted my pp 2 days back.

Keep us posted. Hoping to hear good news soon.

Bte did you get any email saying the visa is approved and pp is dispatched ?
Congratulations blazin123 on getting your visa, Alhamdulillah! In shaa Allah all of us will receive our permits and the worst will be over. We will all look back and laugh at our current position. lol.

Sorry I just came across this post now but would still like to give some input for the members of this forum.
Here are my details:
Im entering 12th week since applying
Applied online on June 1st
Attached a pretty comprehensive SOP including: academic background and why the course, why canada, why that specific uni, and how my funding would be handled. I wish I had given more details on how I intend to return to UAE/Pakistan I did brush up on it in the above mentioned sections but...I am really scared now after reading numerous posts of how Visas are rejected by not satisfying your officer about the return. Hoping for the best from Allah.
Gave my biometrics on 5th June at VFS Dubai
No update ever since
When application is tracked using VFS website, it says my application was forwarded to Abu Dhabi on 8th June
When sent a case specific enquiry, the reply was that I am undergoing background checks. It is a statutory requirement before a permit can be issued.
checking the statuses on CIC account...its a same old same old story. App is still open, no documents required, a final decision hasnt been made yet and yada yada yada
As per the "Your application has been updated." emails. So far, I have had 4 of these emails. So blazin123 and smileyuae can tell us if the number of such emails received can be used as an indicator of how far our applications have progressed? Could you both kindly tell us how many emails you received before your visa was issued? Thank you. It would be of great help!

and thats it i guess....I just hope my visa is not refused. I can wait a maximum of one more week, I hope i get it.
Your replies and questions will be really appreciated. Please dont hesitate to do either of those.

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ tim420

You shouldn't be surprised by the amount of time it took others to recieve a final decision. The average time is anything but 7 weeks for all of the applicants on this thread. (Somewhere around 10-11 weeks.) Although I hope you recieve yours sooner that the rest of us.
Thanks for your well wishes though.

@ tahaanwar

Hi there. Sorry to here that you're in a similar situation to all of us. Although it sounds like you have prepared your application well, so you'll most likely get it. I wish you luck.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
ExCalibre97 said:
@ tim420

You shouldn't be surprised by the amount of time it took others to recieve a final decision. The average time is anything but 7 weeks for all of the applicants on this thread. (Somewhere around 10-11 weeks.) Although I hope you recieve yours sooner that the rest of us.
@ExCalibre
May God be with you and the rest of us. Hope to hear good news from you and all others waiting for the visa (Including me) very soon. :) :)

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@thanveer...
Thanks , but m still waiting for my passport to be returned. And still not got the infamous approval mail. They just collected the pp.

@all those whose 8 weeks have passed...
I suggest you guys go to the embassy and submit the pink paper. Make sure you mention urgent on top.
And those with paper submissions via vfs, please go to vfs and state your situation clearly. They will definetly help you in you endeavour.
Make sure you start putting case specific enquires from 7 weeks and mention the pp number , name and dob as an identifier.

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
ExCalibre97 said:
@ tim420

Thanks for your well wishes though.

@ tahaanwar

Hi there. Sorry to here that you're in a similar situation to all of us. Although it sounds like you have prepared your application well, so you'll most likely get it. I wish you luck.
Thank you ExCalibre97! Ive read your situation too...seems pretty complicated but I sincerely wish you get it on time, in shaa Allah! Do you know anyone else who is in the same boat as you? and if you dont mind, could you check your email and tell me how many "application updated" emails you have received till now?

tahaanwar

Aug 19, 2015
blazin123 said:
@ thanveer...
Thanks , but m still waiting for my passport to be returned. And still not got the infamous approval mail. They just collected the pp.

@ all those whose 8 weeks have passed...
I suggest you guys go to the embassy and submit the pink paper. Make sure you mention urgent on top.
And those with paper submissions via vfs, please go to vfs and state your situation clearly. They will definetly help you in you endeavour.
Make sure you start putting case specific enquires from 7 weeks and mention the pp number , name and dob as an identifier.
Thanks for the suggestion blazin123! appreciate it. could you please do us all a favor by checking your inbox and telling us how many "application updated" mails you received before acceptance from donotreply@cic? id really appreciate it and so would others.