+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

DiBrownieF

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
NO, this is incorrect sir, the list of eligible occupation is listed on the requirements, not anybody can be eligible as you said.
It says:

Your work experience must meet all of the following requirements.

• Your experience is in one or more of these jobs:
    • Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors (NOC 3011)
    • Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012)
    • Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233)
    • Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413)
    • Allied primary health practitioners (NOC 3124)
    • Home support workers (NOC 4412) - some occupations only
  • Your job matches the National Occupation Classification (NOC) description
  • You provided direct patient care in these jobs
  • You did most of the main duties listed in the NOC descriptions for these jobs
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/healthcare-workers-permanent-residence/eligibility.html
Read my comment again. It is about job description not title of the job. This is because employers in different organizations term their positions differently. So it all comes down to the job descriptions.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Read my comment again. It is about job description not title of the job.
if you also look at the requirements, its stated that the reference letter from your employer has to include the NOC Code.
for example NOC code for PSW is 4412

So if you say cleaners and maids are also eligible, what will be there NOC code

is their NOC code included the requirements

DiBrownieF

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
if you also look at the requirements, its stated that the reference letter from your employer has to include the NOC Code.
for example NOC code for PSW is 4412
Yes NOC code has to be in the letter. But looking at the patient care jobs, they are so varied. Maids, cleaners and cooks for patients can fall under orderlies and Patient Service Associate or home support workers. Your employer has to approve you with the letter for the category. Read between the lines.

Last edited:

blessed2021

Mar 2, 2021
Good day everyone, wishing us all a week of good news, I just want to ask if anyone has experienced or knows anyone who is in this situation, it's been 5weeks since I got my AIP and am yet to get a mail for my Medical, I have called like 4times, they keep saying they have not sent it yet, I tried getting an appointment with out the email, but the approved Physicians in my city said I have to bring along the mail from IRCC. Then I noticed in my AIP letter, my file has been transferred to Toronto office. Any one waited this long for Medical? Thanks.
Does your AIP letter stated your file has been transferred to Toronto because my AIP does not state that. How can someone know the visa office handle someone file for application submitted in New Brunswick

Mussawar586

Star Member
May 27, 2021
NO, this is incorrect sir, the list of eligible occupation is listed on the requirements, not anybody can be eligible as you said.
It says:

Your work experience must meet all of the following requirements.

• Your experience is in one or more of these jobs:
    • Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors (NOC 3011)
    • Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012)
    • Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233)
    • Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413)
    • Allied primary health practitioners (NOC 3124)
    • Home support workers (NOC 4412) - some occupations only
  • Your job matches the National Occupation Classification (NOC) description
  • You provided direct patient care in these jobs
  • You did most of the main duties listed in the NOC descriptions for these jobs
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/healthcare-workers-permanent-residence/eligibility.html
Thanks

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Does your AIP letter stated your file has been transferred to Toronto because my AIP does not state that. How can someone know the visa office handle someone file for application submitted in New Brunswick
The email I was asked to forward the required documents to shows Toronto.

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Good day all. Please is anyone whose claim is in Quebec, but now in another province.Received a mail from IRCC stating that the hearing has been put on hold until there is decision on this pathway.

Mussawar586

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Good day all. Please is anyone whose claim is in Quebec, but now in another province.Received a mail from IRCC stating that the hearing has been put on hold until there is decision on this pathway.
They received mail form IRCC after AIP?

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
It’s part of the process after your AOR. Your hearing is put on hold until a decision is made on your application