+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Congratulations to all who have by God's grace fallen under this great opportunity. May those that worked in other scenarios that also risked their life during the pandemic be considered in Jesus' name.... Amen

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Under this measure, asylum claimants across the country who are working on the front lines providing direct care to patients in health-care institutions will be able to apply for permanent residency if they meet the criteria. Quebec will select those qualifying for this special measure who wish to reside in Quebec. This approach recognizes those with precarious immigration status who are filling an urgent need and putting their own lives at risk to care for others in Canada.

As with all applicants for humanitarian and compassionate consideration, and in line with the government’s commitment to family reunification, in-Canada family members of the principal applicant would be included in the application and granted permanent residency, if the application is approved. Those who have been found ineligible to make an asylum claim, or who have withdrawn or abandoned their claims, would be excluded from applying.

To qualify, individuals must meet all of the following criteria:

• have claimed asylum before March 13, 2020
  • were issued a work permit after they made a claim for asylum
  • have worked in the health-care sector, in health institutions (for example, hospitals, long-term care homes, home care through an organization or agency, assisted living facilities)
  • have worked in a designated occupation for no less than 120 hours between March 13, 2020 and August 14, 2020. The designated occupations that are included in this special measure are orderlies, nurses, nurses’ aides and patient service associates, assistant orderlies and certain home support workers.
  • demonstrate 6 months of experience in the designated occupation before being granted permanent residence. Applicants will have until August 31, 2021 to acquire this experience.
  • have a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), if wishing to reside in Quebec
  • meet existing admissibility requirements, including those related to criminality, security and health

Reactions: Fayamufi

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
It means , an eligible candidate can apply after getting 6 month of experience up to Aug 21 for PR ?

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
It means , an eligible candidate can apply after getting 6 month of experience up to Aug 21 for PR ?
The government hasnt release any detail information on the application process.
But eligible applicant will have to prove they have acquired 6 months experience before they can be granted permanent resident.

Mursal Waheed

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi
I have come to Canada in October 2019 and after receiving my work permit i worked in healthcare industry as healthcare worker from March till now full time 40 hrs per week i never stopped working? So how can i be eligible for the process is it fast track?

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Hi
I have come to Canada in October 2019 and after receiving my work permit i worked in healthcare industry as healthcare worker from March till now full time 40 hrs per week i never stopped working? So how can i be eligible for the process is it fast track?

Samhdi2020

Aug 19, 2020
If somebody worked as a caregiver, taking care of a COVID-19 patient, eligible for this program? The person should not necessarily has experience in this field before?

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
If somebody worked as a caregiver, taking care of a COVID-19 patient, eligible for this program? The person should not necessarily has experience in this field before?
Yea
He should be employed through agency or society or organization .No period experience is needed to be eligible ,only should have minimum of 120 hrs of working experience.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, as said above, you should qualify as long as you were hired by an organization and not a private individual.

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Will Quebec give faster PR path way as compared to federal pathway ?
Is there any difference between two modes of pathways ?