+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think the job is under Institutional aide but it is kinda vague. It was called Essential Worker for Covid-19 at the hiring time. Thank you for answer Nelan, it is greatly appreciated.
You should contact your employer and ask for clarification. Many of these jobs require some training so if you don’t have the training that can be rules out. You also seem to have started working after covid started so your start date will also affect whether you qualify.

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
You should contact your employer and ask for clarification. Many of these jobs require some training so if you don’t have the training that can be rules out. You also seem to have started working after covid started so your start date will also affect whether you qualify.
I think no form is posted on cic web site .
They will demand the completion of 120 hours in total as a front line health care workers. Very soon you will see the forms and other formalities to be completed on the web site .Your employer will contact you as the instructions has been issued to the Lawyers . One should contact the lawyer in this regard .

Sam215

Sep 3, 2020
I did talk to my lawyer, but he’s got nothing more than what we already know. Is there any progress regarding this matter?

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
I did talk to my lawyer, but he’s got nothing more than what we already know. Is there any progress regarding this matter?
Yea
The government will update in this month perhaps after 23 September.
Did you have completed 6months of working experience before 23 sept?

Sam215

Sep 3, 2020
Yea
The government will update in this month perhaps after 23 September.
Did you have completed 6months of working experience before 23 sept?
Oct 03 would be my completion of six months although I have completed more hours than it was mentioned during this period. Thank you for all your insight

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Oct 03 would be my completion of six months although I have completed more hours than it was mentioned during this period. Thank you for all your insight
Good
Then very soon you will get update on
the process
Congratulations!

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
I think there has been a lot of confusion.
There are so many people who worked during the pandemic and are still working.

Like the courier driver delivering the PPE.
People working in the grocery stores
Bus drivers.
People cleaning and sanitizing the bus station and the subways.

All these people are also frontline workers.

Reactions: Fayamufi

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Bus drivers.

They may have been working , but they don’t fall into the parameters of the Government announcement

“Under this measure, asylum claimants across the country who are working on the front lines providing direct care to patients in health-care institutions will be able to apply for permanent residency if they meet the criteria.”

Providing direct care to patients in healthcare institutions

You can’t please everyone

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Bus drivers.

Only those in certain healthcare jobs are able to qualify for the special PR program. Unfortunately the other people will have to get approved/refused through the normal asylum hearing process.

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Only those in certain healthcare jobs are able to qualify for the special PR program. Unfortunately the other people will have to get approved/refused through the normal asylum hearing process.
Yea
It’s true . Ministers have clearly mentioned
The specific categories that fall in the path way of this stream .
Although the forms are not available for this process .

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Immigration is federal. This particular program is handle by the federal government of canada through citizenship and immigration canada
Yea
But in Quebec One will have to apply for CSQ and other eligibilities after that the federal process start ,I think