+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Godsfav001

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
After AIP the only document left was my medical and police clearance certificate from my country I submitted these two documents before March 15th
Okay thanks! Cos we have almost the same timeline but I haven't heard back. I'm hopeful though

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Hi guys, I called IRCC and they said my file looks good, the only thing left is criminality which is still in process. Criminality has been in process since march 1st, should I be worried?
Criminality will continue running till the day you get COPR, so congratulations in advance

Reactions: rita456

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
You'll get your CoPR soon... they're probably finalizing it
Hello everyone, may we all still waiting receive good news, Please I want to digress a bit and ask a question from anyone who can answer me..lol, Please how does Citizenship counts, especially for a refugee that later got PR. Thanks.

Sam18

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hello everyone, may we all still waiting receive good news, Please I want to digress a bit and ask a question from anyone who can answer me..lol, Please how does Citizenship counts, especially for a refugee that later got PR. Thanks.
Two days count as one upto a year then after you get your PR you count two more years you lived inside Canada then you can apply for citizenship. I maybe wrong if someone can explain it better that would be nice

Reactions: Khejjy

Sam18

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Two days count as one upto a year then after you get your PR you count two more years you lived inside Canada then you can apply for citizenship. I maybe wrong if someone can explain it better that would be nice
In general you are supposed to be in canada for three years after PR to apply for citizenship but if you were a refugee claimant you count the days before you get your PR upto 1year then you count 2years after you get your PR then apply for citizenship

Reactions: Khejjy

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
In general you are supposed to be in canada for three years after PR to apply for citizenship but if you were a refugee claimant you count the days before you get your PR upto 1year then you count 2years after you get your PR then apply for citizenship
When calculating your time in Canada:
  • only the five (5) years immediately before the date of your application are taken into account;
  • each day you were physically present in Canada as an authorized temporary resident or protected person before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day (up to a maximum of 365 days);
  • each day you were physically present in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;
If you were issued work or study permits while your refugee claim and/or Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) was being assessed, these documents did not grant you Temporary Resident status. You cannot use this period of time in your physical presence calculation.

If you are claiming time as a Protected Person, the only time allowed is the time from when you received a positive Protected Person decision on your refugee claim or PRRA application until the day before you became a permanent resident.

Therefore, for everyone on this pathway, your time in Canada starts when you receive your PR.

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Good day guys, I received my COPR today. I am so surprised that I got COPR a month after AIP. I wish everyone still waiting here goodluck. Cheers

Timeline:
App received : March 23rd
AOR: April 30th
AIP: June 16th
COPR: July 23rd
Awesome news! Congratulations!

Reactions: Faitico

blessed2021

Mar 2, 2021
Congratulation to all our members that have received COPR, AIP and AOR... I pray more COPR will come this week to our members in Jesus Name. Quick question for people that have received COPR , how does it take for someone to receive new SIN because I went inside Service Canada for my own but I was told it will take few weeks to receive it via mail although my SIN still valid from work permit, Secondly, how long does it take to receive response from CRA if you upload documents requested via online platform for child benefit. Thirdly, has anyone collected their PR card through this pathway and how long doses it take for them to process it because no email or message confirm from Niagara fall that confirm if our photo was received by them. Regards

Reactions: Faitico and rita456

rita456

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Congratulation to all our members that have received COPR, AIP and AOR... I pray more COPR will come this week to our members in Jesus Name. Quick question for people that have received COPR , how does it take for someone to receive new SIN because I went inside Service Canada for my own but I was told it will take few weeks to receive it via mail although my SIN still valid from work permit, Secondly, how long does it take to receive response from CRA if you upload documents requested via online platform for child benefit. Thirdly, has anyone collected their PR card through this pathway and how long doses it take for them to process it because no email or message confirm from Niagara fall that confirm if our photo was received by them. Regards
You can apply for SIN online, it takes 20 days.

rita456

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Congrats to all who have COPR AND AIP. more winssss IJN. Please, what is the difference between security checks and Criminality are they not the same?

Khadis40

Star Member
May 30, 2021
Good day guys, I received my COPR today. I am so surprised that I got COPR a month after AIP. I wish everyone still waiting here goodluck. Cheers

Timeline:
App received : March 23rd
AOR: April 30th
AIP: June 16th
COPR: July 23rd
Congratulations. That was fast

Reactions: Faitico

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
I went to service Canada today to change my SIN and I got the new SIN immediately, the whole process wasn’t up to 15mins. For the child benefits , I was told it takes between 6-8weeks to get response. To get the PR card is from 2 months or so.

Reactions: blessed2021