+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Received the passport back from Ottawa for my spouse in U.S

Passport Sent -> Dec-05
Delivered -> Dec-07
<<No Updates for 3 months>>
Return Tracker Activated -> Mar-09[Still no update on online profile]
Passport Delivered -> Mar-10[PR Visa validity until medical expiry]

Relieved that they didn't reject the photos taken at walgreens.

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Guys,

Finally, after two excruciatingly long years, my application has been approved in the system. Tracker not activated yet, but it's a matter of time I believe.

We applied as a couple and my wife was the primary applicant. Unfortunately, she had to move back to home country in Oct 2019 because her US visa had expired. They asked for updated proof of funds from us in Mar 2020 and we gleefully assumed that everything else has been approved seemingly and that they just want to validate that we have enough funds to resettle. But guess what? Once in a lifetime pandemic, Coronavirus, hit, the world was turned upside down and our application was put on hold again. To our surprise, we got an update in our profile and to our disbelief they issued PPR to us in Aug 2020, however, when they learned that we are not together in US anymore, they put our application on hold again. But I had already sent my passport to CPC Ottawa by then, which they returned after a couple of months without COPR, citing that they cannot issue COPR to me without first doing it for the primary applicant. Seems like bad luck was not going to leave us so easily.

We constantly kept a track of Canada Visa offices/VFS in home country from Aug 2020 onwards. They finally opened in mid Dec 2020 and as soon as they opened, my wife sent her passport to VFS and got the coveted COPR in mid Jan 2021. There were no bounds to our happiness but job was half done yet. Immediately she emailed a copy of her COPR to me, which I then sent along with my passport and photographs to CPC Ottawa, that was received by them on Jan 13, 2021. Like a ritual that I had been following for the last couple of months, today morning I checked my profile again and to my complete pleasant surprise my application got approved in the system after almost two months.

Below is the timeline for a quick reference:

AOR: Mar 2019
Submitted updated proof of funds: Mar 2020
PPR: Aug 2020. PPR put on hold though.
Primary applicant (Wife) sent passport to VFS: Dec 2020
Wife got COPR: Mid Jan 2021
Secondary applicant (myself) submitted passport to CPC Ottawa: Jan 13, 2021
Application approved in system: Mar 10, 2021.

Note: To make matters worse, we got married in 2018 and had to celebrate our first two anniversaries away from each other due to travel restrictions put in place due to COVID-19. But as they say, all's well that ends well. So hang-in tight there my fellow CanadaVisa forum members.

Now we need to start planning our moves, which is another Herculean task.

Last edited:

online_order

Mar 1, 2021
Guys,

Finally, after two excruciatingly long years, my application has been approved in the system. Tracker not activated yet, but it's a matter of time I believe.

We applied as a couple and my wife was the primary applicant. Unfortunately, she had to move back to home country in Oct 2019 because her US visa had expired. They asked for updated proof of funds from us in Mar 2020 and we gleefully assumed that everything else has been approved seemingly and that they just want to validate that we have enough funds to resettle. But guess what? Once in a lifetime pandemic, Coronavirus, hit, the world was turned upside down and our application was put on hold again. To our surprise, we got an update in our profile and to our disbelief they issued PPR to us in Aug 2020, however, when they learned that we are not together in US anymore, they put our application on hold again. But I had already sent my passport to CPC Ottawa by then, which they returned after a couple of months without COPR, citing that they cannot issue COPR to me without first doing it for the primary applicant. Seems like bad luck was not going to leave us so easily.

We constantly kept a track of Canada Visa offices/VFS in home country from Aug 2020 onwards. They finally opened in mid Dec 2020 and as soon as they opened, my wife sent her passport to VFS and got the coveted COPR in mid Jan 2021. There were no bounds to our happiness but job was half done yet. Immediately she emailed a copy of her COPR to me, which I then sent along with my passport and photographs to CPC Ottawa, that was received by them on Jan 13, 2021. Like a ritual that I had been following for the last couple of months, today morning I checked my profile again and to my complete pleasant surprise my application got approved in the system after almost two months.

Below is the timeline for a quick reference:

AOR: Mar 2019
Submitted updated proof of funds: Mar 2020
PPR: Aug 2020. PPR put on hold though.
Primary applicant (Wife) sent passport to VFS: Dec 2020
Wife got COPR: Mid Jan 2021
Secondary applicant (myself) submitted passports to CPC Ottawa: Jan 13, 2021
Application approved in system: Mar 10, 2021.

Note: To make matters worse, we got married in 2018 and had to celebrate our first two anniversaries away from each other due to travel restrictions put in place due to COVID-19. But as they say, all's well that ends well. So hang-in tight there my fellow CanadaVisa forum members.

Now we need to start planning our moves, which is another Herculean task.
Many congratulations. Hope everything goes smooth.

Reactions: samramandy

rav!so

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Thanks!
Quick notes for your questions:
- If you arrive by land you don't need to stay at the hotel till results are out. Only by air.
- look if you have TD bank close to you. I found out last month that if I have a US td bank account and open a canadian td bank account (which I'll do after quarantine) you can access both through the same app and transfer money back and forth without without fees.
- as for the car it's a fairly simple process. I can share the steps with you through a message. Your car just need to be paid and not financed and if you're planing on driving it up you have to stop at the us customs boarder to do the export before entering canada. There are no import fees for any good you bring to Canada with your landing if you move permanently. You just can't sell the car for the first year. Only fees are registration fee but that you'll have to pay of you buy a car here as well. I decided to bring my car, one because I was in massachusetts and wanted to drive up and two because cars are more expensive here than US.
Thanks for all the information brother, I appreciate it.

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
My passport and COPR have been delivered back to me today. Though, the FedEx Tracker never got activated! See my timeline below:

PPR - Jan 14
New photos request - Feb 17
Application approved - Mar 05
Passport and COPR delivered - Mar 11

Thank you all for this thread and for your support!
Best wishes on the rest of your immigration process!

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
My passport and COPR have been delivered back to me today. Though, the FedEx Tracker never got activated! See my timeline below:

PPR - Jan 14
New photos request - Feb 17
Application approved - Mar 05
Passport and COPR delivered - Mar 11

Thank you all for this thread and for your support!
Best wishes on the rest of your immigration process!
Congratulations man!

Reactions: AG-PPR2020

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
I opened my US td bank account. Not a canadian yet. Only had to enter my social
Quick question. Is it possible for me to do the paperwork for my car and then just ship it through one of these shipping services? Or, do I need to be physically present while moving my car cross border from US to Canada?

My sister lives in Toronto, so I can ship it to her if that is an option.

The reason I am asking is because I want to close everything from US and go to my home country to get my H1B visa stamping done and then move from there along with my wife to Canada. And I want to retain the car, don't really wanna sell it.

RaghuR

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Finally I got my passport delivered today after over four months. Sent my passport on November 4th and got it delivered on March 11th 2021. :).
Hey you jumped the line. I am waiting since October
But then everybody is doing that to me. Lol!

Congratulations buddy. Must been a big-2 relief !

alainesoliveira

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Quick question. Is it possible for me to do the paperwork for my car and then just ship it through one of these shipping services? Or, do I need to be physically present while moving my car cross border from US to Canada?

My sister lives in Toronto, so I can ship it to her if that is an option.

The reason I am asking is because I want to close everything from US and go to my home country to get my H1B visa stamping done and then move from there along with my wife to Canada. And I want to retain the car, don't really wanna sell it.
I'm not sure about the car. I think you can ship.
Only issue I can't think is that for your assets to be free of import fees you have to be moving permanently and you need to cross the boarder with or before your assets.
But again, I'm not 100% sure

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
I'm not sure about the car. I think you can ship.
Only issue I can't think is that for your assets to be free of import fees you have to be moving permanently and you need to cross the boarder with or before your assets.
But again, I'm not 100% sure
Oh ok, interesting! Can someone else also confirm that please?

Couple of follow-up questions:

1. My sister lives in Toronto. Can I ship my household goods to her place before I move?
2. Can I apply for visitor-visa to Canada now that my PR has been approved?
3. If so, any idea how long is visitor visa taking these days?

alpha99

Mar 13, 2021
Hi, have you got your passport/update back from office in Ottawa? I have been waiting for my TRV stamping as my previous one expired i then had to update my study permit and sent passport. No update yet from Ottawa processing Centre.

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
For those who have already received their passports, how long is it usually taking to receive it from the date of approval?

Just trying to assess to get a rough estimate.

Last edited:

TedLA

May 12, 2020
For those who have already received their passports, how long is it usually taking to receive it from the date of approval?

Just trying to assess to get a rough estimate.
I’m also waiting for the return label to be activated. Hope I’ll receive my passport this week.

alainesoliveira

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to give everyone a little tip in case you're planning to landing and settling in Canada during COVID19 times, please follow your quarantine orders. Screening officers have been to my place of quarantine 4 times so far. Different times and people, and I also got calls from them almost everyday.
Just thought I'd let you know.