+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Just received request letter on Apr20th - for sending passport and photos to Ottawa, ON - from USA. Any guidance on how long they are taking to process the COPR requests these days? It is scary to give up passport for out of country processing for long durations. COVID concerns on going work continuity and emergency travel needs loom large - while processing times have become too unpredictable. Hoping to get some sense of how long I should anticipate to be without access to passport.

Appreciate any personal/anecdotal experience from people who sent their passport recently.
Oh, so they're actually working at least on some of the US cases! Congratulations on your next - and final - step!
Do you mind me asking - when is your AOR? Since I got everything passed in Nov and then medicals extended in Feb, no news from IRCC. Sitting here and waiting for the passport request for months, and getting none. My AOR is Sep 2019.

Reactions: RajKannan

jhunka

Apr 20, 2021
Oh, so they're actually working at least on some of the US cases! Congratulations on your next - and final - step!
Do you mind me asking - when is your AOR? Since I got everything passed in Nov and then medicals extended in Feb, no news from IRCC. Sitting here and waiting for the passport request for months, and getting none. My AOR is Sep 2019.
Acronyms in immigration world confuse me a lot, This is the timeline that I could grab from my online account:
Express Entry - Ontario Invite
August 15, 2019 Express Entry profile received
December 20, 2019 Express Entry - Provincial/Territorial Nomination Letter
January 20, 2020 Province or Territory Nomination received
January 28, 2020 Invitation to Apply
PR Application -->
March 10, 2020 Application Transmission
April 20, 2021 passed the medical exam (may be they completed review at this time - medical was done way back in Feb 2020)
-- did not need an interview
August 30, 2020 Biometrics Completed
April 20, 2021 Got Request letter to send passport for COPR

Hope that helps.

FS@5055

Dec 5, 2020
Acronyms in immigration world confuse me a lot, This is the timeline that I could grab from my online account:
Express Entry - Ontario Invite
August 15, 2019 Express Entry profile received
December 20, 2019 Express Entry - Provincial/Territorial Nomination Letter
January 20, 2020 Province or Territory Nomination received
January 28, 2020 Invitation to Apply
PR Application -->
March 10, 2020 Application Transmission
April 20, 2021 passed the medical exam (may be they completed review at this time - medical was done way back in Feb 2020)
-- did not need an interview
August 30, 2020 Biometrics Completed
April 20, 2021 Got Request letter to send passport for COPR

Hope that helps.
Hi brother,
Are
Just received request letter on Apr20th - for sending passport and photos to Ottawa, ON - from USA. Any guidance on how long they are taking to process the COPR requests these days? It is scary to give up passport for out of country processing for long durations. COVID concerns on going work continuity and emergency travel needs loom large - while processing times have become too unpredictable. Hoping to get some sense of how long I should anticipate to be without access to passport.

Appreciate any personal/anecdotal experience from people who sent their passport recently.
Hi Jhunka,
My case is similar to yours
Ontario PNP-CEC applicant with Dependent.
Aor- April 20 2020.

What is your status in USA?
I am on B1/B2 visa visit valid till June 26.
Still no update in my application.
Need some help what to do if I get PPR and my validation date on I-94 is near to end?
can I apply for extension? And does it have negative impact on my next visit to US?

Any help will highly appreciated
Thank you

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019

From USA , we sent our passports to IRCC on Saturday [04/24] that reached Ottawa on Monday [04/26] morning. Awaiting their response. Thanks.

jhunka

Apr 20, 2021
Got update on FedEx.. package picked up. Hoping to get it tomorrow.
Got it earlier today.

Got PPR on 4/20; Sent PP and Photos on 4/26 : fedex delivered on 4/27 morning. Got update from CIC on 5/4 of COPR issue. Got passport back home on 5/5.
It was way better timeline than what I had expected.

COPR valid for next 1 yr. Has letter that clarifies - not to start travel and watch for travel restrictions. Similar in sentiment and content to "Travel Advisory" letter, that had come along with passport request letter.

Mar 22, 2019
Got it earlier today.

Got PPR on 4/20; Sent PP and Photos on 4/26 : fedex delivered on 4/27 morning. Got update from CIC on 5/4 of COPR issue. Got passport back home on 5/5.

COPR valid for next 1 yr. Has letter that clarifies - not to start travel and watch for travel restrictions. Similar in sentiment and content to "Travel Advisory" letter, that had come along with passport request letter.
Good to hear this....Congratulations to you and your family!!

hypzz

Nov 14, 2019
Got it earlier today.

congratulations to you :) thanks for sharing timeline. Happy to hear that they are issuing COPRs with one year validity. Can u confirm if you your pr visa also has 1 year validity? (sorry, if i misunderstood you - i do not know if "copr" and "pr visa" are same thing or different).

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
From USA , we sent our passports to IRCC on Saturday [04/24] that reached Ottawa on Monday [04/26] morning. Awaiting their response. Thanks.
Two weeks after sending the passports , we are still waiting for reply from IRCC.
Today , sent them follow up eMail. Is there any way to expedite ?

Cbrocks

May 13, 2021
Two weeks after sending the passports , we are still waiting for reply from IRCC.
Today , sent them follow up eMail. Is there any way to expedite ?
Same timeline for me. May I know which email address did you send the query? And if you received any response?

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Three weeks after sending the passports , we are still waiting for reply from IRCC - Ottawa. No reply received from ircc.cio-brcd.ircc@cic.gc.ca on follow up eMails. Below web form reply received after 2 weeks -
. Application is still in process
. All required documents and information received by responsible office.