+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that I did my landing on the Queenston Bridge port of entry yesterday in Niagara falls and it was very smooth. That have a new procedure now because of covid. I just drive thro the booth and they asked a few simple questions and gave me a yellow slip and told me to park the car somewhere and wait that someone would come and talk to me in the car. But the time I got to the parking area someone was already waiting for me and took my passport and CoPR and told me to wait in the car. A few minutes later the officer came to the car, asked me some questions and asked me to sign the CoPR and write the address for my card to be mailed. After that I waited a few more minutes while he processed everything and then came back and congratulated me gave me my CoPR and passport back to go and do the import of my car and also to present the list of goods to follow. Once that was done all I had to do was to take my covid test with the health team over there and then I was good to go. Pretty simple.
Happy to be permanent resident of Canada now.
Good luck to everyone!
CONG!!

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that I did my landing on the Queenston Bridge port of entry yesterday in Niagara falls and it was very smooth. That have a new procedure now because of covid. I just drive thro the booth and they asked a few simple questions and gave me a yellow slip and told me to park the car somewhere and wait that someone would come and talk to me in the car. But the time I got to the parking area someone was already waiting for me and took my passport and CoPR and told me to wait in the car. A few minutes later the officer came to the car, asked me some questions and asked me to sign the CoPR and write the address for my card to be mailed. After that I waited a few more minutes while he processed everything and then came back and congratulated me gave me my CoPR and passport back to go and do the import of my car and also to present the list of goods to follow. Once that was done all I had to do was to take my covid test with the health team over there and then I was good to go. Pretty simple.
Happy to be permanent resident of Canada now.
Good luck to everyone!
Hi Cong on the move!

1. A follow-up question for you, did the border ask you to provide the test results?
2/.And how was your self-quarantine? I heard my agent suggest people live in townhomes instead of condos, as most condos don't allow food delivery to the room.
3. Also, did you pre-register for the covid-test portal?

Thank you so much.

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Thanks!
Quick notes for your questions:
- If you arrive by land you don't need to stay at the hotel till results are out. Only by air.
- look if you have TD bank close to you. I found out last month that if I have a US td bank account and open a canadian td bank account (which I'll do after quarantine) you can access both through the same app and transfer money back and forth without without fees.
- as for the car it's a fairly simple process. I can share the steps with you through a message. Your car just need to be paid and not financed and if you're planing on driving it up you have to stop at the us customs boarder to do the export before entering canada. There are no import fees for any good you bring to Canada with your landing if you move permanently. You just can't sell the car for the first year. Only fees are registration fee but that you'll have to pay of you buy a car here as well. I decided to bring my car, one because I was in massachusetts and wanted to drive up and two because cars are more expensive here than US.
Thanks!

- Oh that's good to know that by land there is no need to book a hotel.
- Unfortunately there are no Canadian banks in Memphis, TD, RBC, CIBC, BMO Harris. The closest TD bank branch to Memphis is 7.30 hrs away in Ashville, NC. Is it possible to open an account in that branch if I don't have a residential address proof?
- Yeah, my car has been fully paid. But it is not a 4X4 so I was thinking of selling it and buying a new one there with 4X4 as that will be helpful in Canada winters.

sam512

Jul 31, 2019
My passport is being returned without COPR, just saw the tracker activated today.
My son is with my wife in canada and i am in US. can that be the reason. the return address we gave was of her place because of my son

R_Go2021

Feb 26, 2021
Thanks!

- Unfortunately there are no Canadian banks in Memphis, TD, RBC, CIBC, BMO Harris. The closest TD bank branch to Memphis is 7.30 hrs away in Ashville, NC. Is it possible to open an account in that branch if I don't have a residential address proof?
- Yeah, my car has been fully paid. But it is not a 4X4 so I was thinking of selling it and buying a new one there with 4X4 as that will be helpful in Canada winters.
Hi, You can go to Canada and open an account in Scotia bank in us dollar a/c and transfer maximum 10,000 from your usa bank account on line maximum in one day.

Reactions: samramandy

online_order

Mar 1, 2021
My passport is being returned without COPR, just saw the tracker activated today.
My son is with my wife in canada and i am in US. can that be the reason. the return address we gave was of her place because of my son
how do you know it is being returned without COPR?

alainesoliveira

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Thanks!

I opened by td account all online. And got a debit card on the mail.

Reactions: samramandy

alainesoliveira

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hi Cong on the move!

1. A follow-up question for you, did the border ask you to provide the test results?
2/.And how was your self-quarantine? I heard my agent suggest people live in townhomes instead of condos, as most condos don't allow food delivery to the room.
3. Also, did you pre-register for the covid-test portal?

Thank you so much.
1 - they asked my covid results and I took another one at the boarder where they give you all instructions on the pre register on the portal which I had already done anyway.
2 - I'm quarantining with friends in Toronto and deliveries come to the door of the apartment inside the building.

sam512

Jul 31, 2019
No update on portal the application is still in submitted mode
Just the tracker got activated
My wife got the passports back
I got cope after almost 4 months of submission
Since my son in already In Canada for him we just got a document saying they ll call for virtual landing
I think that’s why the application is not updated on portal

Reactions: AG-PPR2020

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
My application finally got approved yesterday! Tracker not activated yet.

PPR - Jan 14
New Photos Request - Feb 17
Application Approved - Mar 05

Looking forward to getting the passport back in the next couple of weeks!

Very thankful for this thread and wishing the best for everyone!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: guruguru1989

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
1 - they asked my covid results and I took another one at the boarder where they give you all instructions on the pre register on the portal which I had already done anyway.
2 - I'm quarantining with friends in Toronto and deliveries come to the door of the apartment inside the building.
Thanks, one more question, for the covid test prior to arrival. Is it possible I just print out the covoid test from the hospital screenshot? since the hospital don't have anything official unless the results of PCR is positive..