+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
FSW-O Applicant form USA
Original passport sent on March 16, 2020 (Yes, you read it right. Close to 5 months back).

Sent numerous webforms and emails to just get the same old template responses.

Anyone in the same timeline and boat as me?

Any advice on what to do now from my end would be appreciated. I am clueless. Thanks much!

Reactions: velniasvelninis

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
FSW-O Applicant form USA
Original passport sent on March 16, 2020 (Yes, you read it right. Close to 5 months back).

Any advice on what to do now from my end would be appreciated. I am clueless. Thanks much!

I'm in the same boat as you. I sent my passport on 16 March too but my passport was returned without visa/ COPR with an additional letter saying nothing has changed in my application with the return of my passport. Called IRCC several times and was told that it was delayed due to COVID. So all you can do is wait.

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I'm in the same boat as you. I sent my passport on 16 March too but my passport was returned without visa/ COPR with an additional letter saying nothing has changed in my application with the return of my passport. Called IRCC several times and was told that it was delayed due to COVID. So all you can do is wait.
Wow. Why has this happened to few people? I have seen others have gotten their COPR after sending passport. I am now second guessing my decision to send the passport :(

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I prefer to have my passport back at least. I am in limbo now. Should I consider my passport lost as I see no one in my timeline still awaiting passport return ?

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
FSW-O Applicant form USA

I have the same timeline as you (sent March 14th) - but I sent passport copies instead of my official passport. I can't imagine the stress of being without your actual passport for so long! I also get the same frustratingly vague email responses to my webforms.

Reactions: velniasvelninis

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I prefer to have my passport back at least. I am in limbo now. Should I consider my passport lost as I see no one in my timeline still awaiting passport return ?
If you can, try calling IRCC. I don't think your passport is lost and I don't think they take these things lightly since it's a passport!
If you need your passport back for personal reasons, it is possible to write to them through webform and inform them.
Hope that helps.

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
If you can, try calling IRCC. I don't think your passport is lost and I don't think they take these things lightly since it's a passport!
If you need your passport back for personal reasons, it is possible to write to them through webform and inform them.
Hope that helps.
Thank you. Yes, I have tried that. I will try again this week.

armando2027

Jul 15, 2019
This is my story:

I got PPR back in February and sent my passport through the local VAC on March 2nd. My visa was approved on March 6 and on March 12 I received an update telling me that my passport had been dispatched from the embassy and sent back to my local VAC. On March 16th everything closed down and I never received any update again about the tracking of my passport.

Months passed and I contacted IRCC, VFS, the embassy and anyone that could offer any help and tell me where my passport was, and I always received answers telling me to vait until the VAC reopened. During all of this my visa was fast approaching the expiry date which is in early September. Finally just last week on the 3rd of August I contacted the embassy again telling them about my situation, including details like my application number and proof of why I needed my passport right away, thanks to this the VFS office wrote back to me last Friday telling me that the embassy had approved the return of my passport and to pick it up on Monday. Now after much waiting I can finally say I have the passport in my hands.

VFS doesn't misplace passports, they are really careful when transporting them, but they are very strict when following the guidelines given to them by the Canada government. Unless your local Canada embassy approves of the return of your passport you won't be able to get it back until the VAC opens again.

akrj2020

Apr 4, 2020
Was anyone able to contact the CPC-Ottawa office via phone ? If so, can you please share that number or PM me if you would like to share it privately. It has been nearly 3 months since I sent my passports from USA for getting the PR visa and yet to receive them back. I tried contacting them a couple of days ago and still no reply. I am getting more and more worried with each passing day without having my passports in hand. It is absolutely ridiculous on CPCO/CIC part to request us to send our original passports in if they are unable to process them in a timely fashion. It is a nightmare to live in another country during these pandemic times without having our passports in hand. I wish they understood that.

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
This is my story:

I got PPR back in February and sent my passport through the local VAC on March 2nd. My visa was approved on March 6 and on March 12 I received an update telling me that my passport had been dispatched from the embassy and sent back to my local VAC. On March 16th everything closed down and I never received any update again about the tracking of my passport.

Months passed and I contacted IRCC, VFS, the embassy and anyone that could offer any help and tell me where my passport was, and I always received answers telling me to vait until the VAC reopened. During all of this my visa was fast approaching the expiry date which is in early September. Finally just last week on the 3rd of August I contacted the embassy again telling them about my situation, including details like my application number and proof of why I needed my passport right away, thanks to this the VFS office wrote back to me last Friday telling me that the embassy had approved the return of my passport and to pick it up on Monday. Now after much waiting I can finally say I have the passport in my hands.

VFS doesn't misplace passports, they are really careful when transporting them, but they are very strict when following the guidelines given to them by the Canada government. Unless your local Canada embassy approves of the return of your passport you won't be able to get it back until the VAC opens again.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you taking time to update with your experience in detail. I was instructed to send my passport directly to CPC-O though. But your reply is kinda reassuring that my passport isn’t lost. It’s baffling why they wouldn’t process and return original passports when they know the applicants live in a foreign country. The stress that comes with living without critical documents in hands is too much to handle for 5 months. I am hoping to get some updates this month.

Did you contact IRCC through Canadian embassy in USA? I didn’t get this part of your reply. Could you explain?

armando2027

Jul 15, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you taking time to update with your experience in detail. I was instructed to send my passport directly to CPC-O though. But your reply is kinda reassuring that my passport isn’t lost. It’s baffling why they wouldn’t process and return original passports when they know the applicants live in a foreign country. The stress that comes with living without critical documents in hands is too much to handle for 5 months. I am hoping to get some updates this month.

Did you contact IRCC through Canadian embassy in USA? I didn’t get this part of your reply. Could you explain?
I am from Honduras where we don't have a Canada embassy. I sent the passport through the VAC, which we do have, to the Canada embassy in Mexico. The embassy sends the passport along with the CoPR back to the same VAC once they are done taking the final decision. I contacted the embassy directly and they were able to give the authorization to the VAC. I'm guessing the ones you have to contact are the people at the CPC-O since they received your passport.

I definitely know about your stress, I went through the same, with no way to travel outside the country in case the covid situation got even worse here. They have the capability to return passports that are already approved and ready to everyone that is waiting but for some reason I can't understand they don't do it. I hope you get some positive news soon.

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I am from Honduras where we don't have a Canada embassy. I sent the passport through the VAC, which we do have, to the Canada embassy in Mexico. The embassy sends the passport along with the CoPR back to the same VAC once they are done taking the final decision. I contacted the embassy directly and they were able to give the authorization to the VAC. I'm guessing the ones you have to contact are the people at the CPC-O since they received your passport.

I definitely know about your stress, I went through the same, with no way to travel outside the country in case the covid situation got even worse here. They have the capability to return passports that are already approved and ready to everyone that is waiting but for some reason I can't understand they don't do it. I hope you get some positive news soon.
Thank you. Yes, now I understand your process better. I have been trying to contact CPC Ottawa but they don’t seem to respond on case basis. They use the same template for any query or request. But I will contact them again. Thanks, you reply definitely was reassuring. The wait has been been indefinite which is why I am worried.

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
So i finally got my first set of GCMS notes and all looks good, eligibility/criminality/medical all Passed, and Final: Approved.
I got a PPR in March, sent to Ottawa. I never got the CoPR email.
In my notes there's a FINALIZE APPLICATION section that says we have been assigned a COPR document #: TXXXXXXXXX and also a Print Queue #: PQ-XXXX-COPR. The COPR date expired in July though, so i'm guessing they can no longer print that out and will have to go back to the case officer? I know i'm so lucky to be soooo close but also there's literally nothing i can do but wait. Is printing still happening?

FSW - Inland - AOR - Sep 2019

Anky2449

Jan 15, 2020
I got the PPR in April but IRCC agent has replied to my emails and they have been letting me know to not send my passport as VAC are not operational. I again reached out last week and I got reply "Do not send your passports, they are still not being processed."

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I got the PPR in April but IRCC agent has replied to my emails and they have been letting me know to not send my passport as VAC are not operational. I again reached out last week and I got reply "Do not send your passports, they are still not being processed."
How come some of the other people have gotten their passport back with COPR and visa?