+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

Atul24

Aug 3, 2020
Hi,

I need some help/ guidance on my PR case. On April 16th, 2020, I got the letter from CIC to send my Passport to CPC-Ottawa with my two photographs to complete the PR process. I did send the requested documents on April 19th, and they were delivered on April 21st. On June 8th, my PR status changed to 'Approved.' After the status changed from 'Pending' to 'Approved,' I saw that my document number was generated, but the document said 'counterfoil,' with a comment that this document is invalid. I got my Passport back on June 25th, 2020, with the PR VISA stamped on it and a 'Cancelled without Prejudice' stamp on it.

I called CIC and somehow managed to speak to a rep, and she said that the office was not supposed to process any PR VISA because of the current COVID situation, but mine got processed, and hence they had to cancel my VISA. Now I am not sure what should I do? I have filled several web forms, and they are coming back with the same automated messages that the processing is slow and someone from the office with reach out again.

I know it is one of the situations, but has this happened with anyone before, or is someone facing the same problem given the current COVID conditions? Any leads on this would be hugely appreciated.

I am currently in the US, and now I am a little worried as my US VISA is expiring, and I don't know what to do.

Reactions: Leopoldwdb

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
I'm in the same boat as you. I got the "final request" PPR email in March and sent my docs to CPC Ottawa and haven't had any updates or changes to my profile since. I have also seen others who said their profile changed to 'Approved' before they got their PPR, or it changed after they sent their docs. I don't know what to think. I've finally requested my notes for the first time so hopefully in a month or so i'll have a better idea of what's going on with my profile. I have a feeling it could have notes that say 'recommended approval' or something from back in March like others have had, which still won't leave me with anything i can do to finish the application.
Sorry to hear that Megg! How do you go about requesting your notes? I'm not sure what that means.

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
Sorry to hear that Megg! How do you go about requesting your notes? I'm not sure what that means.
You can request the GCMS notes for your application, it has all the latest status’ for each section that has been processed and may also have any case notes typed up by the case officers. It gives you a good indication to see if there are any red flags they have noted that you are yet to be notified about. You can request them for free if you are currently in Canada or pay a small fee if you are outside - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
You can request the GCMS notes for your application, it has all the latest status’ for each section that has been processed and may also have any case notes typed up by the case officers. It gives you a good indication to see if there are any red flags they have noted that you are yet to be notified about. You can request them for free if you are currently in Canada or pay a small fee if you are outside - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
It appears that you have to be in Canada to apply? Are you?
"To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada. "
Unfortunately I'm currently living in the US :/

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
It appears that you have to be in Canada to apply? Are you?
"To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada. "
Unfortunately I'm currently living in the US :/
Yes i'm an inland applicant therefore could get them for free. I've read that you can still request them if you are outland but have to pay a fee. There's a lot of third-party sites that you pay and they will order them for you, do some googling, a couple i found are 'https://www.getgcms.com/' and 'https://get.gcmsnotes.com/'. They seem to all have different fees so find whichever one sounds best to you. Good luck!

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hello everyone! Quick info... usually how long it takes ircc to answer at emails? I sent one 10 days ago and still no answer.
Also any of you had the estimated completion date on the ircc dashboard extended? mine is postpone of over a month. :(

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
Hello everyone! Quick info... usually how long it takes ircc to answer at emails? I sent one 10 days ago and still no answer.
Also any of you had the estimated completion date on the ircc dashboard extended? mine is postpone of over a month. :(
Seems completely random. One time they responded the next day. One time it took them a month. Once never at all :/

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Some posters here have mentioned that although you are still in the COPR limbo (as am I), your online application says that you are approved. This puzzled me as mine is definitely not approved (the tracker has been at 100% of months now), despite sending over my documents after the "ready for VISA" email in early March. Have most of you had your application "approved"? Are there people who are like me and haven't received a response yet?
Got my PPR email and sent my passport. My tracker is not approved either, just stating that it has reached 100% with the mention that " 20% of the applications takes longer etc etc..." I've called IRCC several times and they always say that due to COVID 19, the process is delayed. You are not the only one.

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Got my PPR email and sent my passport. My tracker is not approved either, just stating that it has reached 100% with the mention that " 20% of the applications takes longer etc etc..." I've called IRCC several times and they always say that due to COVID 19, the process is delayed. You are not the only one.
when did you sent your passport?

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I guess the Passport requests might increase if Canada is ready to resume the flights
I cannot see the point to do so if at then they are not able to issue the COPR because they are overwhelmed... Also from so long now nobody got the COPR in this forum so I am kinda worry now... not sure why they have not proceed yet...

Reactions: velniasvelninis

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I emailed ircc 2 weeks ago and no answer so last friday i decide to emailed them again. the answer me today with just one sentence quite rude and useless!!
"do to current pandemic time frames cannot be given" spelled esacly the same so not due but do. wtf??! also now they restore processing time for work permit and not yet for pr???????????