+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Nope, still waiting. Passport copies sent on March 2nd, radio silence since then.

Just received my case notes back and it says my CoPR was sent for printing on March 8th - obviously since then the visa offices have closed and change their landing procedures so who knows how long it’ll be until they go through and amend those applications that are stuck in the printing queue. Very much in limbo.

It appears my application was also transferred from Ottawa to Edmonton VO due to their work load. I’ve read the Edmonton VO is very slow, not sure it makes a difference at this stage?
Hello, can you spell the exact sentence from GCMS that says it was sent for printing, please?

TN89

May 7, 2020
Just received email to submit passport to Ottawa office. How long is it taking currently to get the passport back?

From read the threads it seems there might be significant delays.
Congratulations, are you inland or in the USA?

ESS1925

Jun 29, 2020
Just received email to submit passport to Ottawa office. How long is it taking currently to get the passport back?

Congrats, can I know what's your AOR and are you an Outland FSW ?
Thanks

akrj2020

Apr 4, 2020

Hi just to give you an idea...I have sent my passports around May 19 to the Ottawa office from USA and yet to receive them back. I contacted them a couple of times with my last correspondence on July 8th. They told me its in the last stages of completion. However its been 3 weeks since then and yet to receive them. So no idea. Not sure if anyone else here has sent their passports after me and received them back already.

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi just to give you an idea...I have sent my passports around May 19 to the Ottawa office from USA and yet to receive them back. I contacted them a couple of times with my last correspondence on July 8th. They told me its in the last stages of completion. However its been 3 weeks since then and yet to receive them. So no idea. Not sure if anyone else here has sent their passports after me and received them back already.
Damn. Kinda makes me worried living without the passport in another country for so long. Do you know if they usually take this long or is this due to covid?

I saw one of the comments where the applicant from US got their passport back in 10 days(Send June 24 and received it back July 1st week)

akrj2020

Apr 4, 2020
Damn. Kinda makes me worried living without the passport in another country for so long. Do you know if they usually take this long or is this due to covid?

I saw one of the comments where the applicant from US got their passport back in 10 days(Send June 24 and received it back July 1st week)
They normally don't take this long. COVID has caused a lot of backlog and I think they are operating with limited capacity. Yeah I was mentally prepared that it would take atleast 2 months but now I'm starting to get more & more worried that I haven't received it yet. It is very stressful to live in another country without your passport for so long and especially during these pandemic times.

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
They normally don't take this long. COVID has caused a lot of backlog and I think they are operating with limited capacity. Yeah I was mentally prepared that it would take atleast 2 months but now I'm starting to get more & more worried that I haven't received it yet. It is very stressful to live in another country without your passport for so long and especially during these pandemic times.
Yeah I hope you get it soon.

By the where did you get your photograph taken in US for Canadian specs? Did you also put the address of where the picture was taken?

enray

Jun 19, 2020
Cross-post from the November 2019 AOR thread:

I'm a CEC-inland applicant who had to leave the country shortly after applying because my status expired. My visa office was originally Ottawa, but I was told by IRCC phone agents that it had been transferred to Edmonton. My AOR is November 19, 2019, and I received my PPR on March 3, 2020. I sent my passport copy and photos on March 6th and my application was approved on March 14th.

I didn't get any further updates until June 25th, when a table appeared on my CIC account page that had the details about my COPR document (which I had not received) including the expiration date of August 15th.

Got the following as an attachment from IRCC Etobicoke Landing Office today. Has anyone else received this letter while being outside of Canada? I'm curious as to what "additional information" I'll be sent that will allow me to travel to Canada.

"Dear ____________:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: [removed]@cic.gc.ca.

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

akrj2020

Apr 4, 2020
Yeah I hope you get it soon.

By the where did you get your photograph taken in US for Canadian specs? Did you also put the address of where the picture was taken?
I was able to get it from a local photo studio. I searched online and called them up. They specialize in passport photos for various countries. Yeah they had put a stamp on the back of photograph with their address. I read here that few people were able to get it from walgreens/cvs as well. You can try there if there isn't a local photo studio who can do it.

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
Some posters here have mentioned that although you are still in the COPR limbo (as am I), your online application says that you are approved. This puzzled me as mine is definitely not approved (the tracker has been at 100% of months now), despite sending over my documents after the "ready for VISA" email in early March. Have most of you had your application "approved"? Are there people who are like me and haven't received a response yet?

Reactions: velniasvelninis

Queen2019

May 15, 2019
Hi everyone ,I have a query about sending our passports. The main applicant is in the US and I am in Canada and we received Annexure A and advised to send the passports in a single package. I need guidance if we can send our passports separately from our locations or will it create an issue? I raised webform(they sent a generic response -no clear guidance) and emailed Ottowa CPC as well but no response yet. Any information in this regard will be helpful.

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
Some posters here have mentioned that although you are still in the COPR limbo (as am I), your online application says that you are approved. This puzzled me as mine is definitely not approved (the tracker has been at 100% of months now), despite sending over my documents after the "ready for VISA" email in early March. Have most of you had your application "approved"? Are there people who are like me and haven't received a response yet?
I'm in the same boat as you. I got the "final request" PPR email in March and sent my docs to CPC Ottawa and haven't had any updates or changes to my profile since. I have also seen others who said their profile changed to 'Approved' before they got their PPR, or it changed after they sent their docs. I don't know what to think. I've finally requested my notes for the first time so hopefully in a month or so i'll have a better idea of what's going on with my profile. I have a feeling it could have notes that say 'recommended approval' or something from back in March like others have had, which still won't leave me with anything i can do to finish the application.

Jun 1, 2020
Same here. Sent passport copies back in March, still waiting