+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
I emailed ircc on may and I got the standard answer that due covid19 there it will be delate and they cannot predict processing time. Nothing after because I think they will answer the same... And you? Any recent contact?
I also emailed in early May and received the following reply with a general covid19-related answer.
"Your documents have been received and are in the que for printing"

Then in early June, I got an email as follows that didn't seem to have anything to do with my case. That's because my estimated completion date has already passed last February and got PPR in early March.

"We're still working on your application.
You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.
....."

Since then, nothing...

However, while my CoPR is stuck in the que for printing for more than 4 months, my medical exam has expired. My AOR is early August.
How about your medical exam by any chance?

I'm thinking about sending another web form or applying for GCMS.
Hopefully, we will get some good news soon.

Last edited:

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I also emailed in early May and received the following reply with a general covid19-related answer.
"Your documents have been received and are in the que for printing"

Then in early June, I got an email as follows that didn't seem to have anything to do with my case. That's because my estimated completion date has already passed last February and got PPR in early March.

"We're still working on your application.
You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.
....."

Since then, nothing...

However, while my CoPR is stuck in the que for printing for more than 4 months, my medical exam has expired. My AOR is early August.
How about your medical exam by any chance?

I'm thinking about sending another web form or applying for GCMS.
Hopefully, we will get some good news soon.
well... honestly you have more info then I do... I have no idea where my docs are they only thing they told me is that they received the docs but the copr is not printed yet. now what I really did not understood is: will ircc email the copr to everybody or for ppl like you (and probably me) who got the docs stuck at the que will received the payper copy as it use to be before covid?? not sure what should I expect. and how long at this point!!!
for what it concern the medical mine will expired on november.
i really don't think they will be able to give me more info... I will email them when I will reach the 5th month of waiting. not sure if i can get something sooner. it appears they are not give the copr to who is inland first, I heard ppl who are in the philippines and in india that got the copr last week.
I am no longer optimistic that it arrive soon, I believe it is all up to the officer at this point.
please let me know if you get updates. thanks.

Rcastoi

Jun 20, 2019
well... honestly you have more info then I do... I have no idea where my docs are they only thing they told me is that they received the docs but the copr is not printed yet. now what I really did not understood is: will ircc email the copr to everybody or for ppl like you (and probably me) who got the docs stuck at the que will received the payper copy as it use to be before covid?? not sure what should I expect. and how long at this point!!!
for what it concern the medical mine will expired on november.
i really don't think they will be able to give me more info... I will email them when I will reach the 5th month of waiting. not sure if i can get something sooner. it appears they are not give the copr to who is inland first, I heard ppl who are in the philippines and in india that got the copr last week.
I am no longer optimistic that it arrive soon, I believe it is all up to the officer at this point.
please let me know if you get updates. thanks.
I feel you, I'm pretty much on the same boat... any chances that the Philippines and India folks received CORP via local VFS office? In my case is Ottawa office and I don't think they are processing Outland CORPs right now... :(

sim_agent

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
FSW-O - USA Citizen/Resident - Ready to travel immediately - PPR March 11

Update (or lack thereof) this morning: I had submitted a web form last Friday, trying to explain my situation and asking if they could just email COPR.

Got the response back today - it was the standard response with zero case-specific information. I'm not surprised, but figured you'd like to know that little has changed.

______

Good day XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Reactions: Leopoldwdb

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I don't know where to post this, so here it is -

For my FSW EE application, I've received my ITA, and I'm working on gathering all the dcmnts. For the PoF requirement, as I came to Canada as an international student back in 2018, so all of my own savings that I had from my own country (approx. 16,000.00 CAD) got spent on my necessities and tuition in the past 2 years, so is it okay if I get the min. amount for the PoF requirement as a gift from my full-siblings (blood relationship). I have two full-siblings in Canada, both PR, and both of them "combined" are voluntarily willing to gift me the amount required for my PoF requirement. Do I need an "INTER VIVOS DEED OF GIFT" made from both of em?
not sure how it works but maybe is easy if they can move the money in your bank account.

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
FSW-O - USA Citizen/Resident - Ready to travel immediately - PPR March 11

Update (or lack thereof) this morning: I had submitted a web form last Friday, trying to explain my situation and asking if they could just email COPR.

Got the response back today - it was the standard response with zero case-specific information. I'm not surprised, but figured you'd like to know that little has changed.

______

Good day XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
I like they said " we hope the information provide is helpful" even if there is no real information.... (sarcastic).
nothing left but wait

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
Only just found this forum! Feels good to know i'm not the only one stuck in this situation. :( I've heard we're part of a very unlucky group who are stuck in processing limbo in between the old system and the new expedited system of processing.

Inland EE CEC
AoR: September 2019
PPR: March 11th 2020
CPCO got my documents: March 16th 2020

4.5 months and counting...every time i ask for an update i just get the generic "it's still processing" email. My work visa expires this September so will have to fork out for the bridging visas for my partner and I, thought i'd surely have PR by September...not looking likely

Reactions: velniasvelninis

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
Only just found this forum! Feels good to know i'm not the only one stuck in this situation. :( I've heard we're part of a very unlucky group who are stuck in processing limbo in between the old system and the new expedited system of processing.

Inland EE CEC

4.5 months and counting...every time i ask for an update i just get the generic "it's still processing" email. My work visa expires this September so will have to fork out for the bridging visas for my partner and I, thought i'd surely have PR by September...not looking likely
Hiya! Yeah this forum has been really helpful in that at least we're not alone... I have a very similar timeline to you (CPCO got my docs March 17th). Could you elaborate on the 'processing limbo' you mentioned, with regards to new and old systems? This is the first time I've heard it put that way.
Cheers and best of luck.

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

Inland EE CEC

why do you think you and us cannot get it before september?

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
A few people have mentioned applying for PR this year (Jan/Feb/March) and already have their PR, which is baffling, though i'm not sure of everyone's specific application circumstances. Some recruiters and HR personnel i've talked to have mentioned that there is a backlog of all the old applications yet to be processed, however the post-covid method of streamlining the process has been powering through any new applications they are receiving. Take this with a grain of salt but with very limited information/updates from IRCC it's hard to know what to think. :(
I'm just preparing to not have my PR by September (when my visa expires) based on the fact that there was only a 2 week document turn around in March but here we are. Then i thought surely i'll have it by April, then by May, surely by June, then July! The anxiety is just too much! It is nice to see the updates on here from people finally getting their PR though! It gives me a bit of hope, but i'll have to prepare my visa extension just to be safe.

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Just received email to submit passport to Ottawa office. How long is it taking currently to get the passport back?

From read the threads it seems there might be significant delays.