+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
I sent passport copy the 8th of march they received the 10th still no answer... I am over 4 month now... hopefully this week we will get good news... finger crossed
Thank you for your reply!
I sent photocopy of passport on March 6, and It was delivered on March 10, but since then, no update. It's been over 4 months... I'm an inland applicant, and my AOR is early August.
Hopefully, we all get some good news this week.:)

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Thank you for your reply!
I sent photocopy of passport on March 6, and It was delivered on March 10, but since then, no update. It's been over 4 months... I'm an inland applicant, and my AOR is early August.
Hopefully, we all get some good news this week.:)
I am inland as well. yes we can just hope this week we can get something done... lets keep each other update please. :)

• Love
Reactions: florindel

Ajax92

Jul 13, 2020
Hi all, i need some advice based on all your experiences. I received a PPR request on march 13th and i got permission from IRCC to get an extension and send it later as Covid case were picking up then. They told me that whenever am ready to send the documents. Since the situation is improving in NY now, i am able to send the documents however, based on all your experiences it seems that there is along wait time to get the visa processed. I don't want to risk sending my passport for long periods of time as that just increases risk. i rather wait if i have the option to. Do you think that normal processing times are returning soon and when would it be a good time to send the documents?

Please let me know your thoughts.

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Hi all, i need some advice based on all your experiences. I received a PPR request on march 13th and i got permission from IRCC to get an extension and send it later as Covid case were picking up then. They told me that whenever am ready to send the documents. Since the situation is improving in NY now, i am able to send the documents however, based on all your experiences it seems that there is along wait time to get the visa processed. I don't want to risk sending my passport for long periods of time as that just increases risk. i rather wait if i have the option to. Do you think that normal processing times are returning soon and when would it be a good time to send the documents?

Please let me know your thoughts.
The long wait times were 100% due to a near shutdown of the processing operations. Operations are clearly resuming and speeding up now across all of IRCC as evident by the recent approvals, landing process improvements etc. In terms of how fast it'll be -- your guess is pretty much going to be as good as anyone else's. My personal guess is that it shouldn't be too bad now that the worst is over and that IRCC will be much more responsive should there be any other concerns along the way. Your best bet would be to reach out to IRCC first, although they do seem pretty busy/slow when it comes to webform requests.

DuncanP

Jun 19, 2020
Any news from anyone? I'm getting antsy.
Nope, still waiting. Passport copies sent on March 2nd, radio silence since then.

Just received my case notes back and it says my CoPR was sent for printing on March 8th - obviously since then the visa offices have closed and change their landing procedures so who knows how long it’ll be until they go through and amend those applications that are stuck in the printing queue. Very much in limbo.

It appears my application was also transferred from Ottawa to Edmonton VO due to their work load. I’ve read the Edmonton VO is very slow, not sure it makes a difference at this stage?

Leopoldwdb

Jun 9, 2020
Any news from anyone? I'm getting antsy.
Same. Sent passport copies March 14 and silence since then. I'm stressed because I'm in the US and on a visa that's expiring soon! When I sent an email asking about whether they had my passport copies they sent me a boilerplate email about how they 'had my passport' (not copies), which doesn't inspire much confidence :(

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Me and my wife both just received another email from etobicoke-landings to confirm that we are now permanent residents, with an attached PDF/letter we can use as proof of PR status to request PR card, new SIN, etc.

Interestingly, the letter is dated July 9 which is the day we received the initial email asking if we are in Canada and subsequent approval in our CIC account. It seems that there's just a little delay in sending out the confirmation emails after approval. I hope all the rest of you get your PRs soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jd10083

iron9er

Jan 5, 2019
Nope, still waiting. Passport copies sent on March 2nd, radio silence since then.

Just received my case notes back and it says my CoPR was sent for printing on March 8th - obviously since then the visa offices have closed and change their landing procedures so who knows how long it’ll be until they go through and amend those applications that are stuck in the printing queue. Very much in limbo.

It appears my application was also transferred from Ottawa to Edmonton VO due to their work load. I’ve read the Edmonton VO is very slow, not sure it makes a difference at this stage?
Yes the agent i talked too on Friday said my copr was sent for printing in feb and that feb 2021 is the expiration. Still haven't gotten any word and my passport copies were sent early april. He did say he thinks I'll hear something before feb 2021 haha.

shwang13

Nov 21, 2019
Hey guys, finally received CoPR via email this morning. Requesting 1 photo with the copy of this letter to apply the permanent resident card. Hope you guys hear good news soon!

AOR Oct.13
PPR Mar.6
Passport Copy delivered Mar.9

I really appreciate all your help and mental support. Without this thread, I must have gone crazy.
Wish you all the best luck!

slinkyhead

Jun 1, 2020
Hey guys, finally received CoPR via email this morning. Requesting 1 photo with the copy of this letter to apply the permanent resident card. Hope you guys hear good news soon!

AOR Oct.13
PPR Mar.6
Passport Copy delivered Mar.9

I really appreciate all your help and mental support. Without this thread, I must have gone crazy.
Wish you all the best luck!
Congrats!

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
Hey all.

I finally received my email from Etobicoke-landings today with my COPR confirmation letter.

Just like another poster, mine was dated July 9 - which was the date my CIC account was updated as approved.

All the best to the rest of you - remain patient, it'll come!

Reactions: Jd10083

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hey all.

I finally received my email from Etobicoke-landings today with my COPR confirmation letter.

Just like another poster, mine was dated July 9 - which was the date my CIC account was updated as approved.

All the best to the rest of you - remain patient, it'll come!
Congratulations!!:D

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Me and my wife both just received another email from etobicoke-landings to confirm that we are now permanent residents, with an attached PDF/letter we can use as proof of PR status to request PR card, new SIN, etc.

Interestingly, the letter is dated July 9 which is the day we received the initial email asking if we are in Canada and subsequent approval in our CIC account. It seems that there's just a little delay in sending out the confirmation emails after approval. I hope all the rest of you get your PRs soon!
Congratulations!!:D

Reactions: seaweed123