+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Hi everyone.

I just received my passport after sending to Ottawa in mid-March. There was no visa, no COPR, my photo, and original documents were returned with a generic letter stating that IRCC has " sent back my passport without a COPR and Visa and that this does not impact the decision of my application etc.. etc"

Anyone else received their passport with this reply? If so, did you contact the IRCC, and what did they say?

It's quite confusing and upsetting to see this, even though they say it doesn't affect my application. :confused:

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
Hi everyone.

I just received my passport after sending to Ottawa in mid-March. There was no visa, no COPR, my photo, and original documents were returned with a generic letter stating that IRCC has " sent back my passport without a COPR and Visa and that this does not impact the decision of my application etc.. etc"

Anyone else received their passport with this reply? If so, did you contact the IRCC, and what did they say?

It's quite confusing and upsetting to see this, even though they say it doesn't affect my application. :confused:
that is frustrating!! why wouldn't they at least include a quick letter explaining what is next for your case.

Rcastoi

Jun 20, 2019
Hi everyone.

Whats your status on the system? In progress ?

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Hi everyone.

Are you an inland applicant? If so, I'm guessing they will go the virtual landing route instead like they've done with the rest of us and then the visa, physical CoPR etc wouldn't be needed. Seems like the processing is really starting to take off again so hopefully you'll get something soon.

Reactions: joy857

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
I thought I was the only one. I have sent them emails thrice and received response only once in May acknowledging my passport receipt. Not sure how to contact them to follow up anymore. Webform, more emails, FaceTime, Zoom? I have no idea what to do. I am really concerned about my passport more than my application now. I will definitely keep you posted if I hear anything from them.
I am in the same boat. I sent my passports to Ottawa and they were delivered on 18 March. I emailed them after 5-6 weeks to check status and they asked for Fedex# but they replied in couple of days that they have my passport. After 3 months, I got my passport back without any stamp and without any document explaining why they didn't stamp COPR on passports but they kept our photographs. So, not sure what are they going to do with photos without passport.

I emailed Ottawa office, raised a web form and called the agent.
The web form response was "We have everything that we need. We will let you know if we need anything. Your application is in progress."
Whereas, the phone agent told same with other information that my copr might have expired that's why they haven't pasted COPR document on the passport. Agent also told me to wait for the next instructions from them.

My medicals were supposed to expire in first/second week of July. I am just waiting for next set of instructions from them.

My passports were delivered on 18 March the day they closed the offices due to covid-19. So it will take some time.

You will get your passports back soon.

Rcastoi

Jun 20, 2019
I am in the same boat. I sent my passports to Ottawa and they were delivered on 18 March. I emailed them after 5-6 weeks to check status and they asked for Fedex# but they replied in couple of days that they have my passport. After 3 months, I got my passport back without any stamp and without any document explaining why they didn't stamp COPR on passports but they kept our photographs. So, not sure what are they going to do with photos without passport.

I emailed Ottawa office, raised a web form and called the agent.
The web form response was "We have everything that we need. We will let you know if we need anything. Your application is in progress."
Whereas, the phone agent told same with other information that my copr might have expired that's why they haven't pasted COPR document on the passport. Agent also told me to wait for the next instructions from them.

My medicals were supposed to expire in first/second week of July. I am just waiting for next set of instructions from them.

My passports were delivered on 18 March the day they closed the offices due to covid-19. So it will take some time.

You will get your passports back soon.
Your application is still ''in progress'' on the tool?

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Your application is still ''in progress'' on the tool?
Yes, online application still shows in progress and "we need some documents from you". I asked for PPR extension twice as my family was travelling. Then I sent passports once they were back and this fiasco started.

dltkdhswlq

Jul 10, 2020
Hi all, I finally write down my experience.
Since yesterday, I became a permanent resident of Canada with landing e-mail from IRCC
I got a PPR/DM on 12th, March and sent all papers for COPR, it'd waited about 4 months.
I got a confirmation e-mail early in the morning around 10:30 am
Today, I printed my COPR, and then was able to update my health care card and driver license
The e-mail said 'You are now a permanent resident of Canada'

I know it's a really hard time for all of us, but do not frustrate, everything will be going well.
Good luck to all of you, and I will cross my finger for you guys.

Catwood

May 5, 2020
Good news for those of you that’s have been waiting to hear news for the last few months. I posted my ppr to Ottawa on March 6th, it’s an inland application and I sent a copy of my passport (not actual passport) today I got an email mentioning to complete virtual landing they wanted to know if I was still in Canada and my address and the date and last point of entry into Canada. Later that day my final decision status changed to approved. I haven’t received anything yet to say I’m officially a resident I assume I will get an email on Monday with the confirmation of virtual landing. It’s been a long 4 months wait but it’s finally over

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
Good news for those of you that’s have been waiting to hear news for the last few months. I posted my ppr to Ottawa on March 6th, it’s an inland application and I sent a copy of my passport (not actual passport) today I got an email mentioning to complete virtual landing they wanted to know if I was still in Canada and my address and the date and last point of entry into Canada. Later that day my final decision status changed to approved. I haven’t received anything yet to say I’m officially a resident I assume I will get an email on Monday with the confirmation of virtual landing. It’s been a long 4 months wait but it’s finally over
I’m at the same point as you - status is approved, have a COPR document number on my portal, but no actual document or official confirmation.

Catwood

May 5, 2020
Hi all, I finally write down my experience.
Since yesterday, I became a permanent resident of Canada with landing e-mail from IRCC
I got a PPR/DM on 12th, March and sent all papers for COPR, it'd waited about 4 months.
I got a confirmation e-mail early in the morning around 10:30 am
Today, I printed my COPR, and then was able to update my health care card and driver license
The e-mail said 'You are now a permanent resident of Canada'

I know it's a really hard time for all of us, but do not frustrate, everything will be going well.
Good luck to all of you, and I will cross my finger for you guys.
I assume they sent you an email for virtual landing. How long after you responded did you get the email saying “you are now a permanent resident”?? Just 1 day?

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Did they email you for the virtual landing? From cic Etobicoke landing?
I'm in the same position. I got the email from etobicoke landing yesterday afternoon. Replied right away and within 15 min I had the approval. After exactly 24 hours I got an automatic message that my account status had been updated (but nothing more). I read a message in another thread that it can take 7 days for the actual landing to get done. See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-virtual-landing-new-process.693375/#post-8713340

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Congratulations to all of you for finally hearing the good news and thank you for sharing it!!

I can't wait to hear good news like you guys.

Is there anybody who sent passport copies and is still waiting without any updates?