+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

akrj2020

Apr 4, 2020
I'm on the same boat, only difference is that my passport arrived @ Ottawa back in Mid March....
Wow thats insane. Its ridiculous on CPCO's part to hold original passports of applicants for nearly 4 months. Its been nearly 7 weeks for me and I am already going crazy. I understand things have been moving slowly due to COVID but it is very stressful to not have passport in hand when living in a foreign country. Atleast the correspondence should be better from CPCO.

akrj2020

Apr 4, 2020
I received confirmation today that my passport will be posted. Hopefully, yours will come along soon.

I have a big story: My passport was sent on Mar 7 and reached on Mar 9. PR was approved on April 1st. In early May, when I reached out that my passport was not sent back, they said it was already sent. But tracking showed the package was not picked up. After communicating this via multiple web forms and calls (in confusion whether the passport was with them or not), maybe at the end of May, I received an email from CPCO asking the tracking number. No response since then tried multiple web forms and in the meanwhile, the tracking number was expired (as DHL Labels will be valid only for 3 months). I bought a new label and sent it via a webform and followed through multiple calls, but the representative always told me to be patient and cannot do anything since the correspondence from CPCO is not available regarding the tracking number requested. Finally, some representative sent me an email yesterday from CPCO whether I received my documents. After clear correspondence through multiple email exchanges, he confirmed today that my passport will be mailed and I received notification from DHL that package was picked up.
Hi..sorry to hear you had to go through such experience. It can be very stressful with passports missing. What would you suggest is the best contact method to reach CPCO ? Initially I communicated with them via email (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) to confirm receipt of my passport.

dkijhlu

Apr 28, 2020
Hello, if anyone received a call from IRCC for approval please share your case. waiting for their call desperately since I saw a few cases in this thread. It's been four months since I sent passport copies...
not yet...

my friend told me that they are prioritizing people who are in essential industries at the moment due to covid

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
Hello, if anyone received a call from IRCC for approval please share your case. waiting for their call desperately since I saw a few cases in this thread. It's been four months since I sent passport copies...
I'm patiently/inpatiently waiting. I didn't think giving people a quick phone call and then approving them would take that long? But I think it was only 2 applicants who were approved this way - Monday and Tuesday last week.

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I'm patiently/inpatiently waiting. I didn't think giving people a quick phone call and then approving them would take that long? But I think it was only 2 applicants who were approved this way - Monday and Tuesday last week.
I hear you! the gov received my passport copy the 10th of March and still not answer and/or news. I am inland and a chef. I am loosing it sitting here to wait. what is your job industry?
I think right now they are processing expired express entry then most urgent personal then us at the bottom... :/
and I do not think they will make a big different between cases inland and outside land.
if anybody as different knowledge of what is happening please share thank you! :)

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
I hear you! the gov received my passport copy the 10th of March and still not answer and/or news. I am inland and a chef. I am loosing it sitting here to wait. what is your job industry?
I think right now they are processing expired express entry then most urgent personal then us at the bottom... :/
and I do not think they will make a big different between cases inland and outside land.
if anybody as different knowledge of what is happening please share thank you! :)
I am a physiotherapist. Hopefully we hear something soon, I'm just so over the entire process.

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

Rohit1992

Apr 12, 2019
Passport sent 23 may
Passport delivered - 25th may
Receiving tracker not activated yet . If someone knows when would I receive my passport?

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
https://www.immigration.ca/here-are-canadas-most-in-demand-jobs-for-2020
Look here if you'd like to have an idea of the most requested jobs. Mine is not even in the list...
I am so tired of waiting... I did pnp and between province approval and federal governament it is over 2 year that I am waiting to get the pr.
I wouldn't lean too much on this. More than anything, I'm sure processing speeds are related to the case processing office and specifically the officer in charge of your case.

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Passport sent 23 may
Passport delivered - 25th may
Receiving tracker not activated yet . If someone knows when would I receive my passport?
Sorry, no one knows. You could get lucky and get it in 2 weeks, or you'll end up like some of us who are are in our 5th month of waiting now.

Seecolinslash

Mar 26, 2020
Hi, we have received our passports(again) today after sending them back with proper photograph requirements. I see the visa stamp on the passports and also COPR letter. However, the date of expiration is set as 02/09/2020 which expires in ~1.5 months.

1. Travel restrictions says that you can travel to Canada from US if you meet all criteria. I dont know if traveling with this purpose is considered essential.
To be eligible, you must meet 2 requirements:

2. Can we travel by car and apply for the PR at the border? or do we have to fly for PR to be applied?
3. Can we return back immediately once we get PR(point2). We are planning to go for a weekend but dont want to get into situatoin of 14 day quarantine.

Anyone received COPR with tight deadline?