+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

iron9er

Jan 5, 2019
https://www.immigration.ca/here-are-canadas-most-in-demand-jobs-for-2020
Look here if you'd like to have an idea of the most requested jobs. Mine is not even in the list...
I am so tired of waiting... I did pnp and between province approval and federal governament it is over 2 year that I am waiting to get the pr.
You have company. Pnp process started for me Sept 2018...aor feb 2019. So I'm getting really close to 2 years now. Beyond frustrating when dealing with such an inefficient, opaque process.

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hello,
1. Do you have a job offer for when you land in Canada or you will start looking for jobs after landing? if you have a job offer is more likely they will let you in.
2. Yes, you can drive to the border and get the PR there, it will be the same process you will do at the airport. And they are processing any visa at the moment but I know they are refusing lots of worker without a job offer, you are going there with a COPR so I believe you will not have any issue. be prepare for a long line up.
3. Not sure if you can go back you need to ask them. I guess you can have the card mailed to USA. Quarantine is mandatory right now.
You can always call the border you are planing to cross and ask them, some border has a long but very clear message, on what is happening in that specific border

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
You have company. Pnp process started for me Sept 2018...aor feb 2019. So I'm getting really close to 2 years now. Beyond frustrating when dealing with such an inefficient, opaque process.
At this point I would like to know just when will I get it even if it is next year! The stress of not knowing is make me loose my patience :(
the only thing that get me going is Canada itself, immigration is SO SLOW, but the country amazing. so hard to keep waiting now... hopefully we are almost there.

nodoby had a COPR issued this week?

Rcastoi

Jun 20, 2019
Hi, we have received our passports(again) today after sending them back with proper photograph requirements. I see the visa stamp on the passports and also COPR letter. However, the date of expiration is set as 02/09/2020 which expires in ~1.5 months.

1. Travel restrictions says that you can travel to Canada from US if you meet all criteria. I dont know if traveling with this purpose is considered essential.
To be eligible, you must meet 2 requirements:

2. Can we travel by car and apply for the PR at the border? or do we have to fly for PR to be applied?
3. Can we return back immediately once we get PR(point2). We are planning to go for a weekend but dont want to get into situatoin of 14 day quarantine.

Anyone received COPR with tight deadline?
Congrats! Question, are you based in the USA?

When did you first submitted your documents with the wrong photos?

What was the problem with the photos? (No signature, no cut....)

When did you received PPR?

When did you resubmitted?

I appreciate your input. Thanks!

jps1987

Mar 2, 2020
Hey guys - I just logged on to check my CIC profile and it has just today been updated to Approved

Final decision - July 9, 2020:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

I've copy pasted whats on my profile below but blocked out my personal details. No actual COPR document is in there. But it gives me a document number and an Expiry date (30th of this month). Hopefully I received an email or phone call confirming I'm still in Canada soon.

NameUnique Client Identifier (UCI)DocumentDocument numberStatusExpiry dateStatus Updated DateTravel document NumberCountry of Issue
*************Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)T*********Your document is valid.2020/07/302020/07/09**********Australia

bunny9090

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hey guys - I just logged on to check my CIC profile and it has just today been updated to Approved

Final decision - July 9, 2020:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

I've copy pasted whats on my profile below but blocked out my personal details. No actual COPR document is in there. But it gives me a document number and an Expiry date (30th of this month). Hopefully I received an email or phone call confirming I'm still in Canada soon.

NameUnique Client Identifier (UCI)DocumentDocument numberStatusExpiry dateStatus Updated DateTravel document NumberCountry of Issue
*************Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)T*********Your document is valid.2020/07/302020/07/09**********Australia
congrats!!! soon the visa will arrive!

tinabaghaee

Jul 9, 2020

I'm exactly like this. Mine was updated on July 6th and nothing since. Although inside the application it says your application is approved, when I go to the main menu it says, your action is required. I haven't received any messages to know what exactly is required.

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
I just got the email to confirm that we're still in Canada! Looks like things are finally moving :) Today is exactly 4 months ago they received our passport copies. I'll update you all once we get the final landing confirmation.

Reactions: florindel

whlobtn

Aug 14, 2019
Wow guys, I just received an email asking if I am still residing in Canada. I guess they changed it from calling! Hopefully we all can get the confirmation like others soon!
Same here!! Did you check your account? After i responded to their email, they approved my profile but not sure what's next step. but congrat!! hope
I'm exactly like this. Mine was updated on July 6th and nothing since. Although inside the application it says your application is approved, when I go to the main menu it says, your action is required. I haven't received any messages to know what exactly is required.
another one here!! I got an email this morning to confirm if I live in Canada. After I responded to their email, my profile has been approved exactly like this. but not sure what to do next. Please keep posted if any further email or call received. such a long journey but I see almost there for sure!!! I hope more cases are confirmed soon!!

Reactions: florindel

shwang13

Nov 21, 2019
Same here!! Did you check your account? After i responded to their email, they approved my profile but not sure what's next step. but congrat!! hope

another one here!! I got an email this morning to confirm if I live in Canada. After I responded to their email, my profile has been approved exactly like this. but not sure what to do next. Please keep posted if any further email or call received. such a long journey but I see almost there for sure!!! I hope more cases are confirmed soon!!
You’re right! I just checked my account and it is approved and there’s a little section says “Document Status”. But nothing I can click nor any instructions.. hmm I will try to contact them this afternoon and will definitely share with you all if I get any relevant information!

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
You’re right! I just checked my account and it is approved and there’s a little section says “Document Status”. But nothing I can click nor any instructions.. hmm I will try to contact them this afternoon and will definitely share with you all if I get any relevant information!
Same here. After replying to the address confirmation email, it only took them about 15min before my application became approved. I'm sure we'll get additional info re landing soon, since the email mentioned virtual landing.