+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Bimaljeet 123

Dec 4, 2019
submit as soon as possible:
 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
to include all pages of the passport.
 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some
IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received
a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have
yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.
Biometrics requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
 Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please
provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement
authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they
receive it.
Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.
Country specific requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
 Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.
 Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included
on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or
served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a
copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.
 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if
applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.

In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

**Please include 'PGP-APR' in the subject line of the email**

Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence

apatel

Star Member
Nov 2, 2009
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2007
IELTS Request
10/11/2009
Med's Request
06/08/0211
Med's Done....
11/08/2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
21/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/09/2011
LANDED..........
SOON!!!
Hello Respected members,

I applied for my parents under PG 2019, My parents are in India.

Online status shows "Decision Made" on 18 November 2019, but have not received any correspondence from CIC so far

Any idea what and how can I expect further correspondence from CIC, by Email or by mail and will it be sent to me here in Canada or will be sent to my parents in India?

Your advice on this case will really help.

Thanks

Apatel

WaterFamily

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Please update admin
Line 476 - Decision made on ecas for Sponsor but no email yet and biometrics requested for PA. Same date dec 4, 2019. Im wondering if im SA approved??? But i got biometrics request for my father :)

Last edited:
Reactions: robertp

WaterFamily

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Hello Respected members,

I applied for my parents under PG 2019, My parents are in India.

Online status shows "Decision Made" on 18 November 2019, but have not received any correspondence from CIC so far

Any idea what and how can I expect further correspondence from CIC, by Email or by mail and will it be sent to me here in Canada or will be sent to my parents in India?

Your advice on this case will really help.

Thanks

Apatel
i got biometric request same with decision made, but no email about decision. Did you get bio req too?

adhillon88

Dec 3, 2019
Visa Office......
New delhi
@adhillon88 Decision made date will be in the SA letter.
In process date is in the ecas saying " We started processing your application on ..."
I never received SA but my decision made and permanent residency in process. PCC,IME,bio and pre arrival received.
Hoping it’s all good.

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
AoR Received (DATE): May 22nd 2019 ??
What is your In process date / Decision made date for sponsorship application? you can get In process date from Ecas.
@robertp
Sorry.
Ottawa Recieve Date: May 22rd 2019
AOR: Date: August 13rd 2019
In process date: September 21st 2019
Decision Made date: N/A

Reactions: robertp

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
submit as soon as possible:
 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
to include all pages of the passport.
 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some
IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received
a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have
yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.
Biometrics requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
 Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please
provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement
authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they
receive it.
Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.
Country specific requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
 Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.
 Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included
on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or
served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a
copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.
 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if
applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.

In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

**Please include 'PGP-APR' in the subject line of the email**

Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence

I got the same email last night. Do you what is Country Specific Requirements? What documents we need to submit?

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
@robertp
Please advise which line in tracker once you add my information there. Thanks so much.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi there,
I received an email today from CIC noting that my application has been accepted.
I have not filed form IMM 5476 as I have not used a representative. However, I have read and heard from people that they've appointed themselves (sponsors) as representatives in form IMM 5476, although the guidelines and the sent email define the representative as other family members, friends or legal representatives such as immigration lawyers.

Can anyone confirm my understanding - if you file IMM 5476 and appoint yourself (i.e. the sponsor) as the representative, you will receive all correspondence, including all correspondence that is intended to the applicant (i.e. sponsored member + dependents) such as medial request, biometrics, etc.

Is there any benefit in doing that other than gaining full control of the process on behalf of your parents? I suppose it makes sense if they do not have email, if the correspondence could get lost or if they do not know English well enough and may miss the email...

Are there any documents/requests that you as a representative in Canada would receive and would need to send by physical mail to your parents?
Finally, is it possible to send IMM 5476 after the application has been accepted and without them explicitly asking for it?

Thanks.
If you don't want to be a rep, you can still provide your e-mail address for the PA and all e-mails will come to you.

The only time rep issue is important if you have to contact CIC for any updates. Unless it's from the PA, they will not do/provide any updates.