+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
@robertp @bdidol
Good morning, please update my line:
A letter-request for PCC, travel history, copy of all pages of passport and CV/resume from CPC-M was received via email yesterday.
Could you please advise what are the next steps after this?
Also no biometrics request as of yet.
I also read that they opened up biometrics centres in Canada on December 3. Is it true?
Medical request was sent to us on November 7 and Medicals were done November 8. No updates on that on MyCic or ECAS. Is it normal?
Thanks

Reactions: laxsun

Prpat

Nov 13, 2019
Hi all, I have sponsored my parents. File was received at Ottawa office on June 5 ( as of purolater). Haven’t heard anything yet , no AOR yet. Really worried. Is there anything that can be done ? Help is appreciated. Thank you in advance

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
in my case, it took almost a month to get transferred from CPC-M to NDVO. I used to call every week to IRCC they used to give me standard response it is in transit( it sounds like they send physical documents to the local visa office). in my case, NDVO accepted my mom's super visa medicals and did ask us to submit a travel history form. I did send them a proactive PCC along with Travel History. it's almost a month but no news after that.

@bdidol , @robertp can you advise.

1. Can they ask me some more documents for me.
2. Although my cic status shows, IRCC is reviewing additional documents I provided however I also see action required on the current status. what should I understand from this. have NDVO received my additional documents or not.
3. Initially at the background check status was it is not applicable now it says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". What does that mean, they have not started background checks? Do they send an email that we have started background checks?
Just take it slow. Each of this LVO processed thousands of files and your file is just one in the line. As NDVO already asked for travel history, they are working on it.

#3, this is an ongoing thing...doesn't mean anything extraordinary.

Reactions: nayr69sg

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi all, I have sponsored my parents. File was received at Ottawa office on June 5 ( as of purolater). Haven’t heard anything yet , no AOR yet. Really worried. Is there anything that can be done ? Help is appreciated. Thank you in advance
Did you try ecas?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@robertp @bdidol
Good morning, please update my line:
A letter-request for PCC, travel history, copy of all pages of passport and CV/resume from CPC-M was received via email yesterday.
Could you please advise what are the next steps after this?
Also no biometrics request as of yet.
I also read that they opened up biometrics centres in Canada on December 3. Is it true?
Medical request was sent to us on November 7 and Medicals were done November 8. No updates on that on MyCic or ECAS. Is it normal?
Thanks
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1560#post-8198912

Where did you do the medical? Check with them to see when they sent the results.

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Friends - We got a letter today asking for PCC it states as below:
Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please
provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement
authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they
receive it.

In my case, she stayed in Kuwait 6

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement
authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they
receive it.

receive it.

In my case, she stayed in Kuwait 6 month and more
India as normal (home country)
and Australia is less than 6 months.

but the kuwait stay is before 10 years. Do we still need PCC for kuwait? Please help

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
In Edmonton, AB. It's very frustrating as they don't give us this information. They only tell us over the phone that they always submit medicals within 10 business days. If we want more information and actually want to confirm with a doctor when he submitted them (if he did) we must come to the clinic and see that doctor. He works only two days a week and it's 2.5 hour drive for me one way. Not sure why is it so complicated.