+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
I paid upfront. I have not received any refund yet. Will wait till I get the PR card and will request refund then.
thanks a lot. I am little worried bcos my file got transferred back home (Colombo) even though my parents are here on super visa since 2017..do u think I can request them to transfer my file to Mississauga..i got SA yesterday.. I didn't get bio as my parents are exempted too.. DM is sep 19..plz give me the suggestion. it seems like CPM is faster

kumars.aman

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
05-09-14
Med's Done....
13-09-14
Passport Req..
28-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-15
LANDED..........
31-03-15
Need Help...

I got a letter from CPC-Mississauga as follows:

Not sure if this is a request or just a pretext saying you may need these. I have already paid all fees, Bio and Medical are done, NO PCC requested or submitted. Inputs please.

As your application will be processed at CPC-Mississauga, please provide additional requirements
below in order to minimize delays in processing.
Requirements for Processing
In order to minimize delays, if we do not already have a contact e-mail address for your relative,
please have your relative submit a valid email address through our client web form:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx. Please note that
the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already
included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s) must
be submitted to this office.
Please refer to the CIC Website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp for
detailed instructions on how to pay immigration fees
 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative’s passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
to include all pages of the passport.
 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some
IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have
received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If
they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.
Biometrics requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
 Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please
provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live, and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement
authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they
receive it.
Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.
Country specific requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
 Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.
 Details of Military Service - IMM5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included
on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or
served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a
copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.
 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if
applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Need Help...

Not sure if this is a request or just a pretext saying you may need these. I have already paid all fees, Bio and Medical are done, NO PCC requested or submitted. Inputs please.

As your application will be processed at CPC-Mississauga, please provide additional requirements
In order to minimize delays, if we do not already have a contact e-mail address for your relative,
please have your relative submit a valid email address through our client web form:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx. Please note that
the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already
 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s) must
Please refer to the CIC Website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp for
 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative’s passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some
IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have
received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
 Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement
authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they
receive it.
 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
 Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.
 Details of Military Service - IMM5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included
on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or
served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a
 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if
did you get for Grand parents and parents both?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Need Help...

receive it.
Read this: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1560#post-8198912

kumars.aman

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
05-09-14
Med's Done....
13-09-14
Passport Req..
28-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-15
LANDED..........
31-03-15
Reactions: robertp

kumars.aman

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
05-09-14
Med's Done....
13-09-14
Passport Req..
28-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-15
LANDED..........
31-03-15

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
@robertp

Line 103

Got the PCC & standard letter today similar to others today.

Whats funny is that all requested documents (incl PCC, country specific documents e.g. Voters ID, Birth Certificates for parents, CV's, educational certificates, passport pages etc.) were already submitted with original application. PCC was proactively submitted later on Aug 04.

Of course the form was new, but all travel info was previously included as it wasn't a big deal.

I have emailed all requested documents today itself as per the letter.

Last edited:

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
I do not post anything in this forum without reading it at least three times and analyzing it. At the end of the day, it's everyone's own conclusion. Or they can call IRCC to clarify.
Read for the 4th time and please tell me how it is related to Biometrics. I will copy paste my original post here:

Hey Guys
I just noticed something about these letters and the item that says :

Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.

I think we have to go to this webpage and select sponsoring spouse eventhough we are not sponsoring our spouses. Once you do that, you will get a list of requirements and at the very end there is a list of “country specific requirements”

The letter says that these “country specific requirements “ for PGP program is the same as “spouse sponsorship” program.

When I check my country, it shows that birth certificate of applicant is also required which was not included in the email that we received today.

Any thoughts?