+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ELH

May 26, 2014
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please update tracker line 316

Biometrics completed - Nov.24
Sponsor Approval email received and DM on sponsor account - Dec. 03

But I noticed the below message under my account and I have not received any correspondence from CIC on Sept.20, just wondering if any of you have the same - I am a little concerned if I need to provide any additional documents and am over 2 months late! I will call them tomorrow to make sure but just wondering if anyone got the same.

1. We sent you correspondence on September 20, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Thanks,

Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please update tracker line 316

Biometrics completed - Nov.24
Sponsor Approval email received and DM on sponsor account - Dec. 03

But I noticed the below message under my account and I have not received any correspondence from CIC on Sept.20, just wondering if any of you have the same - I am a little concerned if I need to provide any additional documents and am over 2 months late! I will call them tomorrow to make sure but just wondering if anyone got the same.

1. We sent you correspondence on September 20, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Thanks,
What is your local visa office? That must be in the SA email.
Don't you see the letter in the myCIC page? If not, give them a call.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Received a letter from cic today.
"Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019."
Does it mean AOR?

brucekei

Apr 19, 2014
Hi there,
I received an email today from CIC noting that my application has been accepted.
I have not filed form IMM 5476 as I have not used a representative. However, I have read and heard from people that they've appointed themselves (sponsors) as representatives in form IMM 5476, although the guidelines and the sent email define the representative as other family members, friends or legal representatives such as immigration lawyers.

Can anyone confirm my understanding - if you file IMM 5476 and appoint yourself (i.e. the sponsor) as the representative, you will receive all correspondence, including all correspondence that is intended to the applicant (i.e. sponsored member + dependents) such as medial request, biometrics, etc.

Is there any benefit in doing that other than gaining full control of the process on behalf of your parents? I suppose it makes sense if they do not have email, if the correspondence could get lost or if they do not know English well enough and may miss the email...

Are there any documents/requests that you as a representative in Canada would receive and would need to send by physical mail to your parents?
Finally, is it possible to send IMM 5476 after the application has been accepted and without them explicitly asking for it?

Thanks.

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
Hello, CIC requested CV/resume for my parents. My mom doesn't have any work history and she only attained a high school education. I am not sure what details should I add to her resume. Is there any specific resume format that we should use? Please let me know. Thank you!

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011