+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

weekday2

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Are your incomes sufficient with the baby? It is very critical. If you are going to report your changes in the number of family members, think ahead about how you will file your tax for the year 2020 as this will have a future impact on your application. Wish you all the best.
You mean income for 2020 must be sufficient with baby....right? as baby is born in 2020 only.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I along with my wife landed in Canada under the PGP 2019 scheme.We have received PR,Health ,Sin and identity cards. Alberta registry has sent us blue cross cards along with a form to be sent to them. This is 'Seniors Financial Assistance Application' for all Alberta residents of 65 and above. If we sign and avail these facilities being given by Alberta state ,will that be violation of any clause of the agreement signed by our daughter when she sponsored us under PGP-2019. Please remove our confusion. Thanks.
It does sound like social assistance. Wonder anyone here is familiar with Alberta income support. Would that be considered as social assistance? If it is, your daughter has to pay the government back the money you receive.

I did some searching and found that Alberta Works handles welfare in that province. It's better to double check with Alberta Works to see if the financial assistnace is welfare.

" In Alberta, the provincial social assistance program is known as Alberta Works - Income Support. "

Last edited:

Masssa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AINP - Jan 19, 2015
AOR Received.
XEP April 24th. EP # May 28th
Med's Request
May 30th
Med's Done....
June 3rd
Passport Req..
Jan 29th
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2011
@YULIA-2016 please update my timeline
My parent's medical results expired today, and their account got an update today saying" you don't need medical exam, will let you know if it changes". I guess that's a good news

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
@YULIA-2016 please update my timeline
My parent's medical results expired today, and their account got an update today saying" you don't need medical exam, will let you know if it changes". I guess that's a good news
Same message on my cic account. My parents medical expired today as well.
What is your application received date?
Mine application received date is May 21,2019

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
I along with my wife landed in Canada under the PGP 2019 scheme.We have received PR,Health ,Sin and identity cards. Alberta registry has sent us blue cross cards along with a form to be sent to them. This is 'Seniors Financial Assistance Application' for all Alberta residents of 65 and above. If we sign and avail these facilities being given by Alberta state ,will that be violation of any clause of the agreement signed by our daughter when she sponsored us under PGP-2019. Please remove our confusion. Thanks.
I don't think that falls under social assistance. However, you should confirm that with corresponding department or lawyer, if required. For instance, my parents landed in Canada as a PR and I also had to do undertaking for 20 year. Given that my parents start getting the medication under Ontario Drug Trillium program (they are under 65). So I asked them, if it will conflict with undertaking, while applying and they said it will not. They said that undertaking is for more of social assistance programs and those program includes like housing support, living expense support etc.

Another thing, we get the health card and that is not conflicting with undertaking. Undertaking is for more of basic things. See below from IRCC website.

he undertaking is a promise to provide financial support and basic requirements for the family members you are sponsoring.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Basic requirements are:

• food
  • clothing
  • utilities
  • personal requirements
  • shelter
  • fuel
  • household supplies